Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Worth a read

Posted: 11/9/2012 1:47 PM

Worth a read 


Thought this was particularly interesting from Dehner this morning. 
I knew we were banged up on defense against SU... but must admit I didn't know it was this much.

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog...st-11812-1.html
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 2:16 PM

RE: Worth a read 


I said right off that if any place on the defense was deep it would be the secondary. Kind of sucks the way we had to find out, but it is nice to know the multitude of guys we can go to.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 3:10 PM

RE: Worth a read 


It's also nice to know that the future is still looking bright for the Cats.  Dare I say that we will be pre-season top 25 coming into next year with everything that we will be bringing back?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/9/2012 3:45 PM

Re: Worth a read 



bearcatvol wrote: Thought this was particularly interesting from Dehner this morning. 
I knew we were banged up on defense against SU... but must admit I didn't know it was this much.

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog...st-11812-1.html
Yep.   I was one of the people there until the horn sounded at the end.  I was shocked at seeing all the guys we had in there... a bunch of guys that either walked on, were freshmen or upperclassmen who barely have played.   It was amazing we were able to hold Syracuse to 7 pts in the second half.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 4:28 PM

RE: Worth a read 



Ghostdad wrote: It's also nice to know that the future is still looking bright for the Cats.  Dare I say that we will be pre-season top 25 coming into next year with everything that we will be bringing back?

Which QB will we be bringing back?  That one position is the reason we will not open in the top 25 in 2013.  Barring injury, I don't see any of our young guns getting any QPT this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49 PM

RE: Worth a read 



l6ozbud wrote:
Ghostdad wrote: It's also nice to know that the future is still looking bright for the Cats.  Dare I say that we will be pre-season top 25 coming into next year with everything that we will be bringing back?

Which QB will we be bringing back?  That one position is the reason we will not open in the top 25 in 2013.  Barring injury, I don't see any of our young guns getting any QPT this year.
Legaux will be back and it has been mentioned that Kay has a strong case to be  granted a 6th year due to medical hardship.   If he is half as good as people say he is and he carries this team  for the rest of the season then I wouild not be surprised to see the coaching staff going to bat for him. 

Despite this, we have to remember we are UC and will likely be pegged to finished 4th or 5th in the league again.  The pollsters will have Boise State, Louisville and Rutgers all ahead of us for certain.  USF is always the flavor of the month in the off season as well.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/9/2012 6:54 PM

RE: Worth a read 


It will be Munchie's job to lose next year, I do not see him losing it.

---------------------------------------------
--- l6ozbud wrote:


Ghostdad wrote: It's also nice to know that the future is still looking bright for the Cats.  Dare I say that we will be pre-season top 25 coming into next year with everything that we will be bringing back?

Which QB will we be bringing back?  That one position is the reason we will not open in the top 25 in 2013.  Barring injury, I don't see any of our young guns getting any QPT this year.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/9/2012 7:54 PM

Re: Worth a read 



CliftonAve wrote:
bearcatvol wrote: Thought this was particularly interesting from Dehner this morning. 
I knew we were banged up on defense against SU... but must admit I didn't know it was this much.

http://www.gobearcats.com/blog...st-11812-1.html
Yep.   I was one of the people there until the horn sounded at the end.  I was shocked at seeing all the guys we had in there... a bunch of guys that either walked on, were freshmen or upperclassmen who barely have played.   It was amazing we were able to hold Syracuse to 7 pts in the second half.
i've said it many times...there is a noticeable improvement in the talent and depth on thi years team. it's just that it is young an inexperienced. next yearwe should really see an uptick thanks to playing time this year.

so this is not meant at a shot at our defense BUT....i have a feeling the rain and sleet in the second half slowed down ex-cuses offense more than our defense did. hopefully i am wrong, but i would be uncomfortable if we had to keep playing all those backups.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/9/2012 7:55 PM

RE: Worth a read 


Do you watch the same games we do Ron?

Last edited 11/9/2012 7:55 PM by eerodynamic

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 10:40 PM

RE: Worth a read 



eerodynamic wrote: Do you watch the same games we do Ron?

Yes he does.  He watches them in PBS.
Reply | Quote