Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Sunday showdown with UT

Avatar

Posted: 2/20/2013 9:56 AM

Sunday showdown with UT 


CMU basketball fans, start planning today to be at the McGuirk Sunday for the showdown with UT. Our women have a chance to take over first place in the West and set themselves up for a spot in the semis in Cleaveland. We need to pack the house Sunday.
They need to get a win tonight at Western and then the scene is set.  We need to pack the house big time.



PROUD TO BE A CHIPPEWA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 1:14 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


BEAT The donkies tonight!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 5:21 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



CMUDOC wrote: BEAT The donkies tonight!
Look at him............Getting all worked up over women's basketball.  How cute. redface

Win the MAC West...........I thought you guys said that didn't matter.

Last edited 2/20/2013 5:21 PM by WMUfan55

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 6:55 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Stupid is as stupid is! Why spend well over $1,000,000 per year on WBB and you NOT care???????
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 8:54 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


CMU lost top point guard and offensive threat Jessica Green to a left knee injury at the beginning of the second half.  No contact, just a mis-step and down she went.

Chips beat the Bronco's at WMU 77-53.  Going to be tough to win out without Jessica Green running the show. 

nO LINE U
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/20/2013 9:11 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


83 and myself made the trip to Kazoo. CMU missed a lot of puppies in the first half or this game would have been over after 20 mins. The ladies took better care of the ball and buckled down on D in the second half and strolled down the end. JGreen went down real akward on a play where she stopped and her body kept going. It didn't look good. She did come out later on crutches and her wrapped big time. Hopefully just a strain but I fear the worst.



PROUD TO BE A CHIPPEWA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 9:23 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Losing J. Green would be tough as she was becoming a real force offensively and defensively! The Chippewas did not guard very well in the first half.

The bronkies have even less height than the Chippewas and it hurt them as the game went on.

On another note: the new bronkie coach (Shane Clipfell) appears to me to be their best WBB coach in many years. I watched the previous game, at CMU, and watched tonight's game, at the wmu's track barn, on the MAC website. The bronkies appear to me to be very well coached! I expect as coach Clipfell gets more height and talent to work with, the Chips and bronkies will have some great games in WBB!

Note: Coach Clipfell spent the last 14 seasons as an assistant to Suzy Merchant (Former CMU WBB star) at EMU and at MSU)!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/20/2013 11:13 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



CMUDOC wrote:  I watched the previous game, at CMU, and watched tonight's game, at the wmu's track barn, on the MAC website. 
It's definitely, ummmmm, unique. Looking at 5,000 yellow seats, a yellow floor and yellow support beams -- I thought I was looking at the aftermath of an explosion at a banana factory.

What I'm saying is that there's a lot of yellow.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/20/2013 11:44 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Well, they did the best they could with an ancient indoor track barn!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:48 AM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Awwww, look at um.  All full of themselves after a big Womens bball win LOL

Well, I guess ya have to take what you can get.  

Hey Doc, you spend a million bucks to draw 400 fans to womens hoops, at $5 a head.  That's real cost effective.  

Try the Ferris or WMU model.  Spend a million on hockey, and draw 4500 a game at $20 a head, play on a national stage, and bring some excitement to winter sports in Mt. Pee ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 8:39 AM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



CMUDOC wrote: Well, they did the best they could with an ancient indoor track barn!
To be fair, in the last 30 years or so that building has hosted 3 championship teams. Women's basketball has won a couple and I think even the men have one. That's certainly far more than Waldo Stadium can claim.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 9:02 AM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


But pretty much Rose has just seen one losing season after another.  And McDork was the biggest waste of 25 million I've ever seen.  Same high school gym, with a pretty entrance.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:28 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Nice link

Page Not Found



We are sorry, but there is no Web page or file that matches your entry. The page or file that you requested is either missing or typed incorrectly.
Please check that you have typed the address correctly or use the following link, which we hope will help you find what you’re looking for.

 

Last edited 2/21/2013 12:39 PM by WMUfan55

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:53 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



chip90 wrote:
WMUfan55 wrote: But pretty much Rose has just seen one losing season after another.  And McDork was the biggest waste of 25 million I've ever seen.  Same high school gym, with a pretty entrance.
These folks seem to think differently

http://media.cmich.edu/pr/cmu/cmu-events-center-to -receive-detroit.aspx
In case nobody has caught it yet, this board will add a space in the middle of a long link. This one should work:

link
Reply | Quote
  • AJ0512
  • Member
  • 2505 posts this site

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:20 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



WMUfan55 wrote: Awwww, look at um.  All full of themselves after a big Womens bball win LOL

Well, I guess ya have to take what you can get.  
Well Dip, since you're on our board more than the WMU board, you should know that we've been pretty excited about our women's hoops team all season long.  Great coaching staff, tough players, and a very entertaining style of play.  They beat a couple of ranked teams and took a top five Notre Dame team with the best guard in the country to the limit.  There's a lot of optimism they'll bring home a MAC Championship very soon.  Not that you would know anything about winning any of those, however.

Nice win over WMU.  Doesn't sound good about Green, though.  I am fearing for the worst.  Will be at the game on Sunday.  Can't wait.  Fire Up Chips!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:24 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


Hey genius, just delete the extra space. C'mon, a college educated person can figure it out right?

WMUfan55 wrote:

Nice link

Page Not Found



We are sorry, but there is no Web page or file that matches your entry. The page or file that you requested is either missing or typed incorrectly.
Please check that you have typed the address correctly or use the following link, which we hope will help you find what you’re looking for.

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:27 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



cmu83 wrote:
chip90 wrote:
WMUfan55 wrote: But pretty much Rose has just seen one losing season after another.  And McDork was the biggest waste of 25 million I've ever seen.  Same high school gym, with a pretty entrance.
These folks seem to think differently

http://media.cmich.edu/pr/cmu/cmu-events-center-to -receive-detroit.aspx
In case nobody has caught it yet, this board will add a space in the middle of a long link. This one should work:

link
Thanks 83. I'll keep that in mind.

Bait shop, canoe rentin. Northern lower hayseed.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 3:45 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 


83, I'm happy for your women's bball team.  Right there in the hunt for the MAC West title.  It has to be a huge thrill for the three or 400 fans who attend the games.  

Fire up Chips
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 3:49 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



AJ0512 wrote:
WMUfan55 wrote: Awwww, look at um.  All full of themselves after a big Womens bball win LOL

Well Dip, since you're on our board more than the WMU board
It just seems that way because this place is so dead.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 9:30 PM

Re: Sunday showdown with UT 



CMUprof wrote: Hey genius, just delete the extra space. C'mon, a college educated person can figure it out right?

WMUfan55 wrote:

Nice link

Page Not Found



We are sorry, but there is no Web page or file that matches your entry. The page or file that you requested is either missing or typed incorrectly.
Please check that you have typed the address correctly or use the following link, which we hope will help you find what you’re looking for.

 

"College educated?" Anyone seen any evidence of that?
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >