Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 99  Next >

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012

Posted: 11/5/2012 3:48 PM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



cardinalnationhouston wrote: It is being said that Dan Haren has been traded. To the Cubs for Carlos Marmol.

According to SI, Haren is now a FA and that proposed trade, ....isn't.

Posted: 11/5/2012 4:56 PM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



MagnoliaCardFan wrote:
cardinalnationhouston wrote: It is being said that Dan Haren has been traded. To the Cubs for Carlos Marmol.

According to SI, Haren is now a FA and that proposed trade, ....isn't.

I would love to be able to sign Haren.  I would try to make a spot for him.
Avatar

Posted: 11/5/2012 5:27 PM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Given all of our pitching uncertanties I doubt that finding a spot for him would be to much of a problem really. I'll go now................................
Avatar

Posted: 11/6/2012 11:26 AM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



forsch31 wrote:
MagnoliaCardFan wrote:
cardinalnationhouston wrote: It is being said that Dan Haren has been traded. To the Cubs for Carlos Marmol.

According to SI, Haren is now a FA and that proposed trade, ....isn't.

I would love to be able to sign Haren.  I would try to make a spot for him.
You may get your wish. The trade to the Cubs has been voided and Haren is indeed a FA. Angels declined a 15 mill option. He will be expensive though. Too expensive for this team IMO.

GO CARDS!
Avatar

Posted: 11/6/2012 12:01 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


I don't think the Cardinals will be making Haren any offers for the same reason they didn't try to re-sign Lohse (although they did make a qualifying offer knowing full well it will be declined), and for the same reason, number of years rather than AAV.

I will find it interesting to see if Haren or Lohse gets the bigger contract (total guaranteed value).

21st Century postseason wins:
St. Louis(56),NYY(51),BOS(45),SFG(33),PHI(27),DET(25),LAA(21),TEX(18),ARI(16),LAD(14),TB-ATL-HOU-OAK(13),CHW(12),FLA(11),COL-CLE(8),MIL-MIN(6),CHC(6),NYM(6),SEA(4),PIT-BAL(3),CIN-WAS(2),SD(1),TOR-KC(0)

Posted: 11/6/2012 12:47 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



Oqie11 wrote: I don't think the Cardinals will be making Haren any offers for the same reason they didn't try to re-sign Lohse (although they did make a qualifying offer knowing full well it will be declined), and for the same reason, number of years rather than AAV.

I will find it interesting to see if Haren or Lohse gets the bigger contract (total guaranteed value).

I don't think they will be making Haren an offer but I think it would be because of the money and no available opening and not the years.  Haren is 1 year older than Wainwright and 2 years younger than Lohse.  A 3 year deal would not be bad for the Cardinals since he should be good throughout a 3 year deal if he is healthy.

To have Haren for 3 years would be a good thing for the team.  He is a good veteran to balance out the young pitchers we have.  I know Lynn, Rosenthal, Miller, Martinez and Wacha are either in the majors or on their way.  However, if we could make a trade for a good SS, we would need to give up at least 1 of them.  I also wouldn't mind trading Garcia.

Posted: 11/7/2012 10:10 AM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



forsch31 wrote:
Oqie11 wrote: I don't think the Cardinals will be making Haren any offers ...

I don't think they will be making Haren an offer ....  I know Lynn, Rosenthal, Miller, Martinez and Wacha are either in the majors or on their way.  However, if we could make a trade for a good SS, we would need to give up at least 1 of them.  I also wouldn't mind trading Garcia.
I don't feel good about Garcia's future in MLB.  I'm like Gordo in believing that if he doesn't have a procedure, there's little hope of a long-term fix.  And if he does have a procedure there's not much more hope of a long-term fix.

Looking at the offensive stats of starting MLB SSs, I'm not sure there's one for whom I'd consider giving up one of our top pitching prospects, who's available.  I don't consider Andrus worth one of them, given his contract.  Looking at Stephen Drew's offensive numbers, I'd rather roll the dice with Koz.

Posted: 11/7/2012 6:14 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


This winter is the time to deal Lynn. Frankly, his attitude when he was put in the pen was not team oriented. Also, he can throw three shutout innings, strike out five, and then get bombed in the fourth. My guess is he will never win 18 in the majors again so his value will never be higher. He also has a weight problem. Would much rather keep Kelly and deal Lynn. Rosenthal should be untouchable.
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 6:35 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



ageelaw wrote: This winter is the time to deal Lynn. Frankly, his attitude when he was put in the pen was not team oriented. Also, he can throw three shutout innings, strike out five, and then get bombed in the fourth. My guess is he will never win 18 in the majors again so his value will never be higher. He also has a weight problem. Would much rather keep Kelly and deal Lynn. Rosenthal should be untouchable.


Have not heard about the attitude problems, but I would agree with all the rest. Not saying there was no attitude, I just haven't heard it before.

No negative waves man!
Avatar

Posted: 11/7/2012 7:21 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Trade an 18 game winning all star cost controlled rookie who excells at both starting and relieving? What, is Rick Wise available? If Lynn had been hot late rather than early no one would be talking about it.

Now if you are talking to the Mets about a certain knucklballer, that's different.

Posted: 11/8/2012 7:12 AM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



blingboy wrote: Trade an 18 game winning all star cost controlled rookie who excells at both starting and relieving? What, is Rick Wise available? If Lynn had been hot late rather than early no one would be talking about it.

Now if you are talking to the Mets about a certain knucklballer, that's different.


He lost his rookie status in 2011.

Also, trading him would be optimal due to depth, but also due to the return one could expect from an "18 game winner".  Lynn has basically pushed his trade value into a higher platitude.

Posted: 11/8/2012 2:12 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Regarding trading for Cabrera, Gordo threw out Seth Blair's name as a possible trade chip.  And he recommended going elsewhere if Cleveland insisted one of the Cardinals' "Big Three" (Rosenthal, Miller, and Kelly) being included in the trade.  Of course, his suggestion leaves Lynn and Martinez in play as well as Blair.  His rationale is the shortage of quality pitching is greater than of quality infielders.  Also, Mo may find the trade proposals coming to him rather than him having to initiate the action.

Posted: 11/9/2012 12:51 AM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


I'm going to throw a name out that for shortstop that will be very underwhelming, but I think he would be a good fit at a good price: Ronny Cedeno.

He's bounced around with parts of eight seasons in the big leagues. He won't win a silver slugger anytime, but he's always been known for having good range at SS and a solid arm. He has a little bit of pop in the bat. He's clearly a bottom of the order hitter, but I think he would be a nice fit. I know some would argue to just go with Kozma if you're going to go this route, but I would prefer some competition for spring training. He'd should be cheap and he's a veteran commodity with legitimate SS skills. He's only 29, too.
Avatar

Posted: 11/9/2012 11:07 AM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


i dont like any of the options at shortstop. cabrera's defense sucks, andrus would cost too much and all the rest are meh.


but here is a new option that intrigues me. hiroyuki nakajima, free agent from japan who hit for a .310 avg and 104 HRs over 6 yrs and won a gold glove (said to have great hands, and good range to left while hanging in for the double play) in 2008. will, toughness and makeup considered similarly to hideki matsui
---
Need help with Community Prospect voting? Click here to find links for stats & draft positions for everyone in the Cardinal minor league system: Minor League Affiliates | cardinals.com: Minors
Avatar

Posted: 11/10/2012 6:47 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Don't be fooled by Lance Lynn's win total this year. More then Kyle Lohse and Adam Wainwright but you aren't going to say he is better then both of them are you?
Great Grand Father is Eddie Dyer
St. Louis Cardinals Manager 
1946-1950
Owner of his World Series Ring
World Series Champions 1946
Follow Me on Twitter
Jack_Attack030

Posted: 11/10/2012 10:50 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Didn't Tori Hunter once say he would love to play in St. Louis? Two year deal. RH center fielder. Veteran bat after Beltran allowing Waino to have his paycheck. Doesn't have to play everyday.
Avatar

Posted: 11/11/2012 12:01 AM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 




---------------------------------------------
--- NigelT wrote:

Didn't Tori Hunter once say he would love to play in St. Louis? Two year deal. RH center fielder. Veteran bat after Beltran allowing Waino to have his paycheck. Doesn't have to play everyday.

---------------------------------------------

Hunter wouldn't come here to be a backup and is getting offers to be a starter plus they'll call up taveras before signing hunter.
Great Grand Father is Eddie Dyer
St. Louis Cardinals Manager 
1946-1950
Owner of his World Series Ring
World Series Champions 1946
Follow Me on Twitter
Jack_Attack030
Avatar

Posted: 11/12/2012 11:38 PM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Avatar

Posted: 11/13/2012 5:37 PM

Re: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 


Jose Reyes may be available...(read he may even be in a deal to the Blue Jays with Josh Johnson and Buerhle)

anyone interested?

I would inquire on him. His salary isnt great for us, but he could work well I think. Him and Furcal should be able to give us a healthy SS for the whole year between em.

I know salary is tight next year, but after that we should have some breathing room for some money. A healthy Reyes is a great leadoff type with some pop and great in the field. Not to mention a true SB threat.

Posted: 11/13/2012 6:44 PM

RE: Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors - 2012 



cardinalnationhouston wrote:
shakenbakeMcBride wrote: My favorite Blue Jay, SS Yunel Escobar, can probably be had for a reasonable price.
Definitely worth looking into.
One of my favorite monikers on this site. ShakenbakeMcbride. Anyhow, This guy has a bad rep as a HEADCASE! Andrus is much more a "Cardinal type" player.
I wonder if being in a positive environment would make a difference for Yunel.  It might be a big risk, but there might also be a decent reward.
Post New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 99  Next >