Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4

Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 7:57 AM

2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Lance Lynn (8-6, 3.38) vs. Nathan Eovaldi (5-3, 3.71). 6:15 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest and KMOX.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:07 AM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


I guess we will see Craig vs the righty. I'm interested to see where Mike puts him in the lineup.

Hope we see good Lance today, with his new fingertip.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 9:59 AM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


I'm at the Mercedes dealership yesterday in Evansville and I am looking through the obituaries in the Evansville Courier paper.  I run across an obit for Lance Lynn.  I didn't think much of it at first, figured it was somebody else.  Then I realized Lynn was from Indiana.  Then I glanced and saw he was 29 years old.  That sort of got my attention and I thought maybe something happened that I hadn't heard about.

There for a couple of seconds I was actually thinking it was the Lance Lynn with the Cardinals.

Rat

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 12:43 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



RatsBuddy wrote:

I'm at the Mercedes dealership yesterday in Evansville and I am looking through the obituaries in the Evansville Courier paper.  I run across an obit for Lance Lynn.  I didn't think much of it at first, figured it was somebody else.  Then I realized Lynn was from Indiana.  Then I glanced and saw he was 29 years old.  That sort of got my attention and I thought maybe something happened that I hadn't heard about.

There for a couple of seconds I was actually thinking it was the Lance Lynn with the Cardinals.

Rat

You're creeping me out, Rats.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 12:46 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



nathanleopoldjr wrote:
RatsBuddy wrote:

I'm at the Mercedes dealership yesterday in Evansville and I am looking through the obituaries in the Evansville Courier paper.  I run across an obit for Lance Lynn.  I didn't think much of it at first, figured it was somebody else.  Then I realized Lynn was from Indiana.  Then I glanced and saw he was 29 years old.  That sort of got my attention and I thought maybe something happened that I hadn't heard about.

There for a couple of seconds I was actually thinking it was the Lance Lynn with the Cardinals.

Rat

You're creeping me out, Rats.

See for yourselves......

http://www.legacy.com/obituari...&fhid=25158
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 2:54 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Lineup: Carpenter, Holliday, Adams, Peralta, Molina, Taveras, Jay, Descalso, Lynn.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 4:17 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



RatsBuddy wrote:
nathanleopoldjr wrote:
RatsBuddy wrote:

I'm at the Mercedes dealership yesterday in Evansville and I am looking through the obituaries in the Evansville Courier paper.  I run across an obit for Lance Lynn.  I didn't think much of it at first, figured it was somebody else.  Then I realized Lynn was from Indiana.  Then I glanced and saw he was 29 years old.  That sort of got my attention and I thought maybe something happened that I hadn't heard about.

There for a couple of seconds I was actually thinking it was the Lance Lynn with the Cardinals.

Rat

You're creeping me out, Rats.

See for yourselves......

http://www.legacy.com/obituari...&fhid=25158
Daaaaamn! What the heck are you doing to us RB? Cripes!

GO CARDS!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:28 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Peralta's grounder in the first would have been a DP if there hadn't been two outs. Now a DP in the 4th. His poor selectivity in what to swing at probably has a lot to do with his low BA, and it is not going serve the team well with him in the middle of the order. The occasional HR doesn't make up for it.

I sure wish we knew something about what's bothering Craig.
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 3621 posts this site

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:34 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Ken Rosenthal ‏@KenRosenthal1 · 13m ·
#Cardinals are close to acquiring David Price. Oscar Tavares is the main piece heading to TB. More info in my next tweet.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:38 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



MAP315 wrote: Ken Rosenthal ‏@KenRosenthal1 · 13m ·
#Cardinals are close to acquiring David Price. Oscar Tavares is the main piece heading to TB. More info in my next tweet.
Yikes!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:46 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



MAP315 wrote: Ken Rosenthal ‏@KenRosenthal1 · 13m ·
#Cardinals are close to acquiring David Price. Oscar Tavares is the main piece heading to TB. More info in my next tweet.
You are hilarious.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 7:49 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Back to the game, Lynn is looking good.

Need some O.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:01 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



Cade4ISU wrote: Oscar Taveras just sucks right now.. Why have I been defending him?
Because this team shouldn't give him away for aging cost effective veterans.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:06 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Stanton just gave us a run missing the pop fly near the line. After the Pitcher gave us one on the WP. You just never know when you have guys in scoring position. Wish we could get a blast from OT to clear off the bases.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:08 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Man, the ump is giving the Cards some borderline pitches.

Now Stanton looks bad again on OT's high fly back near the track. Is that guy usually so brutal on defense? 3-0 with Jay up and OT on 2nd.

Well, 3-0 is good, I'll take it.

Last edited 7/4/2014 8:09 PM by blingboy

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:17 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



MAP315 wrote: Ken Rosenthal ‏@KenRosenthal1 · 13m ·
#Cardinals are close to acquiring David Price. Oscar Tavares is the main piece heading to TB. More info in my next tweet.

I may boycott the season if that happens.  No way Mo is that stupid.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:20 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Last tweet I saw from Rosenthal was about the Cubs and A's, with Addison Russell pulled from his MLB game and Samarzija or Hamel heading back to Oakland.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:20 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 



scadder21 wrote:
MAP315 wrote: Ken Rosenthal ‏@KenRosenthal1 · 13m ·
#Cardinals are close to acquiring David Price. Oscar Tavares is the main piece heading to TB. More info in my next tweet.

I may boycott the season if that happens.  No way Mo is that stupid.
That Ken Rosenthal (@KenRosenthal1) has one tweet and four followers.  The real Ken Rosenthal is @Ken_Rosenthal.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:21 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


That's it for Lynn.  Nice job.  6 2/3, no runs but leaves with two runners on.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/4/2014 8:42 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #88: Cards vs. Marlins: Fri 7/4 


Well, Neshek having a hard time here with 2 down in the 8th. Forgets to break for first, then next guy a WP, so there's a runner on 2nd.

Got out of it.

Last edited 7/4/2014 8:47 PM by blingboy

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >