Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26

Avatar

Posted: 6/25/2014 5:17 PM

2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Adam Wainwright (10-3, 2.08) vs. Josh Beckett (5-4, 2.28). 9:10 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest, MLB Network and KMOX.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 6/25/2014 5:18 PM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 3:35 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


I assume Rosenthal is not available since he threw 41 pitches yesterday. Who closes tonight?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 3:56 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


How about Motte or Neshek?  In the meantime, I'd sure like to get Kelly and Siegrist back. banghead
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 4:48 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



Brosky wrote: How about Motte or Neshek?  In the meantime, I'd sure like to get Kelly and Siegrist back. banghead
Please, not Motte. Neshek has pitched like a closer lately.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 5:13 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Let's hope we blow them out and not worry about it.

 Suggested U. of Illinois mascots

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 6:15 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
2. Matt Holliday (R) LF
3. Matt Adams (L) 1B
4. Jhonny Peralta (R) SS
5. Yadier Molina (R) C
6. Allen Craig (R) RF
7. Jon Jay (L) CF
8. Mark Ellis (R) 2B
9. Adam Wainwright (R) P
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 7:03 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Looking forward to this late night west coast game.  Only bad thing is that the Reds are also on the west coast.  Wish they would send the Cards, Reds, Cubs, and White Sox out west all at different times so I could see more games late at night out west.

Rat
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 7:39 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


I don't get this business of batting JP cleanup and not Adams. With 1st base open Matt will be walked every time. The word is out on Matt, but Matheny ain't heard it.

We finally got MH out of the #3 that he's underachieved at for years and he's doing damn good. Now put Yadi #3 and KEEP him there! They damn sure won't pitch around him to get to Adams. wink
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 8:08 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


I'm digging this later start time. Getting so much done, caught up with all the baseball news for the day, and am keeping a close eye on the minor league games before the game starts.

Last edited 6/26/2014 8:09 PM by DTFlush234

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 9:12 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



Carter64 wrote: I don't get this business of batting JP cleanup and not Adams. With 1st base open Matt will be walked every time. The word is out on Matt, but Matheny ain't heard it.

We finally got MH out of the #3 that he's underachieved at for years and he's doing damn good. Now put Yadi #3 and KEEP him there! They damn sure won't pitch around him to get to Adams. wink
With Adams stepping up, I don't mind that order other than the placement of Holliday. I'd flip-flop Holliday and Peralta.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 9:14 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


I love these games out West. Always enjoy the games against the California teams and the Diamondbacks

"Streamers rule! Long live the stream!" - Adam Copeland
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 9:22 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



bucknutjake wrote: I love these games out West. Always enjoy the games against the California teams and the Diamondbacks
Me too. Takes me back to the time I would hide the transistor under my pillow on school nights.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 9:53 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Are all you codgers sleep already? eek

Ball Game on!!!!

Brews lead Rocks 5-4

Cards/LA nadda
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:17 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Wainwright looking sharp through 4 -- one walk, no hits.  Missed opportunity in top half of 4th, Craig with a pretty bad AB to leave risp stranded.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:19 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



EuroWolf wrote: Wainwright looking sharp through 4 -- one walk, no hits.  Missed opportunity in top half of 4th, Craig with a pretty bad AB to leave risp stranded.
Poor Craig couldn't find a pitch to hit if he had GPS right now. disbelief
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:27 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



Carter64 wrote:
EuroWolf wrote: Wainwright looking sharp through 4 -- one walk, no hits.  Missed opportunity in top half of 4th, Craig with a pretty bad AB to leave risp stranded.
Poor Craig couldn't find a pitch to hit if he had GPS right now. disbelief
When he lunged over and whiffed on a 2-1 outside breaking ball that he didn't have a chance of hitting, you know he's not seeing it at all.  Pretty much the same thing happened on the 2-2 pitch.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:29 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



EuroWolf wrote:
Carter64 wrote:
EuroWolf wrote: Wainwright looking sharp through 4 -- one walk, no hits.  Missed opportunity in top half of 4th, Craig with a pretty bad AB to leave risp stranded.
Poor Craig couldn't find a pitch to hit if he had GPS right now. disbelief
When he lunged over and whiffed on a 2-1 outside breaking ball that he didn't have a chance of hitting, you know he's not seeing it at all.  Pretty much the same thing happened on the 2-2 pitch.
Indeed. For the last week he has had several of those type of AB's a game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:35 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Waino has the BIG curve working now.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:40 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 


Wainwright at 60 pitches through five, no-no still intact.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/26/2014 10:45 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #81: Cards at Dodgers: Thu 6/26 



EuroWolf wrote: Wainwright at 60 pitches through five, no-no still intact.
I had not noticed that Wolf....... SEE what you did! flushed
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >