Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2

Avatar

Posted: 6/1/2014 11:02 AM

2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Shelby Miller (6‐4, 3.94) vs. Danny Duffy (2‐5, 3.67). 7:10 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest, ESPN and KMOX.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2014 10:16 AM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Splits, y'all.

Cardinals vs Duffy (0-0 4.91 ERA vs Cardinals)

Carpenter 0-0 .000
Wong 0-0 .000
Holliday 0-2 .000, 2 K
Craig 0-0 .000
Molina 1-2 .500, 1 BB, 1 K
Taveras 0-0 .000
Peralta 3-9 .333, 2 doubles, 2 K
Bourjos 0-0 .000
Jay 0-0 .000
Grichuk 0-0 .000
Cruz 0-0 .000
Ellis 2-3 .667, 1 HR, 2 RBI
Descalso 0-2 .000, 2 K

Miller has never faced the Royals. Not much to go by, but it's something.

"Streamers rule! Long live the stream!" - Adam Copeland
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 11:13 AM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Some questions:

1) Is Craig okay and able to play 1st?  No lingering after effects?

2) Will Oscar start again?

3) If Craig and Adams are both out who is the 3rd string 1stbaseman?  Molina and Cruz catches?

Rat
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2014 3:35 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Lineup: Carpenter, Grichuk 8, Holliday, Craig 3, Molina, Peralta, Taveras 9, Ellis, Miller.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 4:00 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


I really think Mo may have to take Jay away from Matheny for Bourjos or Grichuk to get a real extended chance.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 5:09 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Whats the weather like in St. Louis?  Raining here in SW Indiana.

Rat
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 6:08 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 





---------------------------------------------
--- RatsBuddy wrote:

Whats the weather like in St. Louis?  Raining here in SW Indiana.

Rat

---------------------------------------------

It's always sunny at the ol' ballpark when BuckNut and Pugs are on hand calling the action, Rat. Are you game, Buck?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:05 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Can the show possibly go on without BuckNut??? That may not be possible.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:17 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



scadder21 wrote: I really think Mo may have to take Jay away from Matheny for Bourjos or Grichuk to get a real extended chance.
It seems that way, doesn't it?
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:23 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



pugsleyaddams wrote: Can the show possibly go on without BuckNut??? That may not be possible.
I certainly hope so, Pugs.  I am a victim of the dreaded black out zone again. bangheadeek1bangheadeek1bangheadeek1banghead
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:23 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



RatsBuddy wrote: Some questions:

3) If Craig and Adams are both out who is the 3rd string 1stbaseman?  Molina and Cruz catches?

Rat
Carpenter played 280 innings at 1B in 2012.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:31 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Bottom of 1     Duffy dealing for KC

Carpenter- Flys out routinely to Gordon in left.

Grichuk- Whiffs looking.

Holliday- Blisters a low  Duffy offering into center for a base hit.

Holliday advances to 2nd on a Duffy wild pitch that should have been a red mark vs the catcher, Perez.

Craig- Takes a mammoth swing but didn't hit it squarely as it's hit in the air to center where Cain has to come in a couple strides...and has it to retire the side.



Cards 0   KC 0
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:31 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



forsch31 wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote: Can the show possibly go on without BuckNut??? That may not be possible.
I certainly hope so, Pugs.  I am a victim of the dreaded black out zone again. bangheadeek1bangheadeek1bangheadeek1banghead

Got you covered, Forschster.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:36 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Anybody want to handle the KC at bats? The pay is nothing to sneeze at.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:44 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



pugsleyaddams wrote: Anybody want to handle the KC at bats? The pay is nothing to sneeze at.
Do you want me to?  I am sure that I can make up something.  I could always do PBP for the CWS game that is on ESPN at my house.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:46 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



pugsleyaddams wrote:
forsch31 wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote: Can the show possibly go on without BuckNut??? That may not be possible.
I certainly hope so, Pugs.  I am a victim of the dreaded black out zone again. bangheadeek1bangheadeek1bangheadeek1banghead

Got you covered, Forschster.
Thanks, Pugs.  With you on here, it will be just like sitting in my chair and watching it on the TV.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:48 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


Bottom of 2


Yadi- Pops it in the air down the line in back of 1st.....Hosmer drifts out as Aoki scrambles in and it's the right-fielder Aoki catching the ball just as he kicks up chalk....1 down.

Peralta- Flys one to right where Aoki's first step back is a wrong one and then quickly changes his mind and comes in for the catch.

Taveras- Hits it to left where Gordon had him played perfectly and that will retire the side......the infielders could have read the afternoon paper this inning as all outs were hit well in back of them.....we move along to the 3rd.

 Cards 0   KC 0
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:49 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



forsch31 wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote: Anybody want to handle the KC at bats? The pay is nothing to sneeze at.
Do you want me to?  I am sure that I can make up something.  I could always do PBP for the CWS game that is on ESPN at my house.

I've always appreciated your great imagination, Forschster.....could be fun.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:51 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 



forsch31 wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote:
forsch31 wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote: Can the show possibly go on without BuckNut??? That may not be possible.
I certainly hope so, Pugs.  I am a victim of the dreaded black out zone again. bangheadeek1bangheadeek1bangheadeek1banghead

Got you covered, Forschster.
Thanks, Pugs.  With you on here, it will be just like sitting in my chair and watching it on the TV.
That's our objective........something that only the great ones like Vin and Jack and Harry and BuckNut can accomplish.
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 3924 posts this site

Posted: 6/2/2014 7:53 PM

Re: 2014 MLB game #59: Royals at Cards: Mon 6/2 


nice play by Ellis.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >