Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14

Avatar

Posted: 6/11/2013 8:41 PM

2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Jake Westbrook (2-1, 1.67) vs. Jose Fernandez (3-3, 3.17). 6:10 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest and KMOX.

Cards lineup: Carpenter, Beltran, Holliday, Craig, Molina, Freese, Jay, Kozma, Westbrook.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 6/14/2013 2:22 PM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:56 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


This is the MLB.TV free game of the day.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 8:18 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


I hear this Fernandez kid is pretty good.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/14/2013 8:48 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



crdswmn wrote: I hear this Fernandez kid is pretty good.

He is 1-0 with a 1.55 ERA in five starts at home. So he has in fact been pretty good this year.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 9:09 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


He is still just 20 years old and is the youngest Marlins starting pitcher in team history. Jumped all the way from the Florida State League to MLB.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 9:16 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



Domeboys wrote: This is the MLB.TV free game of the day.

Ive had mlb.tv for a few months now and still dont understand the blackout regs. If I am in stl can I watch on mlb.tv if its the free game of the day? Im only asking because I recently moved and the cable guy doesnt come until tomm so I need to decide if I have to hit a bar to watch this one. If I can watch on my tablet it would be great...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 9:34 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



grayssportsalmanac wrote:
Domeboys wrote: This is the MLB.TV free game of the day.

Ive had mlb.tv for a few months now and still dont understand the blackout regs. If I am in stl can I watch on mlb.tv if its the free game of the day? Im only asking because I recently moved and the cable guy doesnt come until tomm so I need to decide if I have to hit a bar to watch this one. If I can watch on my tablet it would be great...
No. Free Game of the Day means it is available to everyone regardless of subscription to MLB TV.  But blackouts still apply.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 2:22 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Lineup added to first post.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 2:56 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Has the corresponding roster move for Westbrook been announced?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 3:20 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



desmetlax12 wrote: Has the corresponding roster move for Westbrook been announced?
Yes, Wacha has been optioned out.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/14/2013 3:25 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Is that tropical system done in the Florida area?  No chance of rain tonight, right?

Did Westbrook make any rehab starts?  Will he be rusty?

Rat
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 3:29 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Welcome back Westie! excited

GO CARDS!
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2525 posts this site

Posted: 6/14/2013 3:30 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



RatsBuddy wrote: Is that tropical system done in the Florida area?  No chance of rain tonight, right?

Did Westbrook make any rehab starts?  Will he be rusty?

Rat

They have a retractable roof. Also Westbrook did make rehab starts.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/14/2013 4:22 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



Domeboys wrote:
desmetlax12 wrote: Has the corresponding roster move for Westbrook been announced?
Yes, Wacha has been optioned out.
I attended the Cardinal's Ballpark Founders Appreciate Night last night at Busch Stadium.  A typical Cardinal event.....first-class!  As a part of the event, you could tour the Cardinal clubhouse and dugout. When walking thru the clubhouse, I noticed that Wacha's cube/locker was 95% empty. Just two pair of game pants and a pair of black slip-on dress shoes.....I joked to my son that evidently Wacha was the guy going down when Westbrook returned.  All of the other player lockers were filled with game uniforms, practice jerseys, etc.  The number of spikes in each locker was amazing....Descalso had at least 8 pairs/styles of cleats.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/14/2013 5:48 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



crdswmn wrote: I hear this Fernandez kid is pretty good.

Very good at that. Many think of top rookie starters they say Fernandez with more refinement could be better than Harvey and Miller.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:09 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 



skszyszowski wrote:
Domeboys wrote:
desmetlax12 wrote: Has the corresponding roster move for Westbrook been announced?
Yes, Wacha has been optioned out.
I attended the Cardinal's Ballpark Founders Appreciate Night last night at Busch Stadium.  A typical Cardinal event.....first-class!  As a part of the event, you could tour the Cardinal clubhouse and dugout. When walking thru the clubhouse, I noticed that Wacha's cube/locker was 95% empty. Just two pair of game pants and a pair of black slip-on dress shoes.....I joked to my son that evidently Wacha was the guy going down when Westbrook returned.  All of the other player lockers were filled with game uniforms, practice jerseys, etc.  The number of spikes in each locker was amazing....Descalso had at least 8 pairs/styles of cleats.
Did you notice if Lyons' cube was also bare?  They may have packed up both of their stuff to be ready to ship one or the other.
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2525 posts this site

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:30 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Losing to the Marlins?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:33 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


Yup!

 

Then again we shouldn't get our hopes up too much. He was blowing away Single A hitters 5 days ago.

 Suggested U. of Illinois mascots

Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2525 posts this site

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:33 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


get the bullpen going...
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2525 posts this site

Posted: 6/14/2013 7:34 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 67 thread: Cards at Marlins: Fri 6/14 


good play Yadi
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >