Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >

2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9

Avatar

Posted: 6/5/2013 8:34 AM

2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Lance Lynn (8‐1, 2.76) vs. Bronson Arroyo (6‐5, 3.38). 7:00 PM CT. ESPN and KMOX.

Cards lineup: Carpenter 4, Beltran 9, Holliday 7, Craig 3, Molina 2, Freese 5, Descalso 6, Jay 8, Lynn 1.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 6/9/2013 3:21 PM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2013 3:47 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Is Wacha really going to get this start?

Rat
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2013 8:49 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


I can't believe both Miller and Wacha will be skipped in Cincinnati. I had hopes of seeing them pitch.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 9:21 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



PadsFS wrote: I can't believe both Miller and Wacha will be skipped in Cincinnati. I had hopes of seeing them pitch.
I don't get what you mean. Miller is not being skipped. It was either pitch him or Wainwright tonight. The Cards decision to use Wainwright in the Cincy opener tomorrow looks like the best move to me.

I don't know why the Cards would have Wacha close out the series on Sunday and skip Lynn on regular rest, who is 8-1, 2.76. Especially with the team off on Monday.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 6/6/2013 9:28 AM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 9:36 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Checking the splits, I see Lynn has an 11.25 lifetime ERA at Great American Ballpark, albeit it just 3 games, 4 innings, and 5 earned runs.  He's a little better at Citi Field; his ERA there is 4.26 in 6 1/3 IP.

Or, maybe they figured he just needed some extra rest.. 
Domeboys wrote:
PadsFS wrote: I can't believe both Miller and Wacha will be skipped in Cincinnati. I had hopes of seeing them pitch.
I don't get what you mean. Miller is not being skipped. It was either pitch him or Wainwright tonight. The Cards decision to use Wainwright in the Cincy opener tomorrow looks like the best move to me.

I don't know why the Cards would have Wacha close out the series on Sunday and skip Lynn on regular rest, who is 8-1, 2.76. Especially with the team off on Monday.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 9:39 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



Jmodene1 wrote: Checking the splits, I see Lynn has an 11.25 lifetime ERA at Great American Ballpark, albeit it just 3 games, 4 innings, and 5 earned runs.  He's a little better at Citi Field; his ERA there is 4.26 in 6 1/3 IP.

Or, maybe they figured he just needed some extra rest.. 
Domeboys wrote:
PadsFS wrote: I can't believe both Miller and Wacha will be skipped in Cincinnati. I had hopes of seeing them pitch.
I don't get what you mean. Miller is not being skipped. It was either pitch him or Wainwright tonight. The Cards decision to use Wainwright in the Cincy opener tomorrow looks like the best move to me.

I don't know why the Cards would have Wacha close out the series on Sunday and skip Lynn on regular rest, who is 8-1, 2.76. Especially with the team off on Monday.
Jerry, I think you misunderstood Brian's response.  Lynn isn't being skipped.  He is pitching Sunday in GABP.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 9:50 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Oh - I thought Lynn was being skipped.  I misread that.

Well, hopefully that small sample split won't be applicable.  And the move does give Wacha extra rest before he pitches against the Mets, although I fear the media up there is going to be quite the distraction for him.

OTOH, with Sunday's game being on ESPN, I would have liked to have seen Wacha on TV.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2013 9:55 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


So the rotation is set for Waino, Lyons, and Lynn then? Lyons versus Latos on Saturday is a tough matchup but the other two games are pretty compelling. I'd much rather have Lynn pitch on Sunday night than Wacha just given the high profile environment that will be surrounding it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 10:11 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



Jmodene1 wrote: Oh - I thought Lynn was being skipped.  I misread that.

Well, hopefully that small sample split won't be applicable.  And the move does give Wacha extra rest before he pitches against the Mets, although I fear the media up there is going to be quite the distraction for him.

OTOH, with Sunday's game being on ESPN, I would have liked to have seen Wacha on TV.
I didn't hear that Wacha has been announced for the Mets series. Is he pitching Tuesday?

Instead, they could go with Miller again on regular rest and skip the #5 spot that time through.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 10:13 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



DMENS wrote: So the rotation is set for Waino, Lyons, and Lynn then? Lyons versus Latos on Saturday is a tough matchup but the other two games are pretty compelling. I'd much rather have Lynn pitch on Sunday night than Wacha just given the high profile environment that will be surrounding it.
1. Yes, it is a good opportunity to mention that I only post the starters here in these daily game threads when they have been officially announced by the team.

2. Yes, I bet that was a big part of the decision.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 6/6/2013 10:15 AM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2013 10:41 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 




---------------------------------------------
--- Domeboys wrote:


Jmodene1 wrote: Oh - I thought Lynn was being skipped.  I misread that.

Well, hopefully that small sample split won't be applicable.  And the move does give Wacha extra rest before he pitches against the Mets, although I fear the media up there is going to be quite the distraction for him.

OTOH, with Sunday's game being on ESPN, I would have liked to have seen Wacha on TV.
I didn't hear that Wacha has been announced for the Mets series. Is he pitching Tuesday?

Instead, they could go with Miller again on regular rest and skip the #5 spot that time through.

---------------------------------------------

Good idea.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2013 12:47 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



Domeboys wrote:
PadsFS wrote: I can't believe both Miller and Wacha will be skipped in Cincinnati. I had hopes of seeing them pitch.
I don't get what you mean. Miller is not being skipped. It was either pitch him or Wainwright tonight. The Cards decision to use Wainwright in the Cincy opener tomorrow looks like the best move to me.

I don't know why the Cards would have Wacha close out the series on Sunday and skip Lynn on regular rest, who is 8-1, 2.76. Especially with the team off on Monday.

I worded it wrongly. Should've said *missed*
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/9/2013 8:48 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Sure would be nice to get a win tonight and take another series.  However, we got what I was hoping for on Friday night when we took the first game.  That 9-2 victory guaranteed we'd be at least two games up on Cincinnati and Pittsburgh come Sunday night.

Rat
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:21 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Lineup added above.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:27 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


I figured we might see Descalso in this lineup.  He is hitting .409 against Arroyo.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:36 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 




---------------------------------------------
--- crdswmn wrote:

I figured we might see Descalso in this lineup.  He is hitting .409 against Arroyo.

---------------------------------------------

Rather has koz in there...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:41 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


Am kinda surprised Adams is not penciled in there today. How have Holliday and Craig fared against straight leg Arroyo?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:55 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



ageelaw wrote: Am kinda surprised Adams is not penciled in there today. How have Holliday and Craig fared against straight leg Arroyo?
Adam is 1 for 1, that one being a HR, but that is too small of a sample to be relevant.  Holliday is batting .306 against Arroyo including 4 HR.  Craig is the worst against Arroyo, .091.  With such a small sample size for Adams, Matheny probably just went with the lineup that has been working.

Last edited 6/9/2013 3:58 PM by crdswmn

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:56 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 



grayssportsalmanac wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- crdswmn wrote:

I figured we might see Descalso in this lineup.  He is hitting .409 against Arroyo.

---------------------------------------------

Rather has koz in there...
Descalso is hitting better than Kozma which probably explains it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/9/2013 3:56 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 63 thread: Cards at Reds: Sun 6/9 


This game could get rained out.  It's raining in Cincy and storms are forecast all night.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 8  Next >