Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7

Avatar

Posted: 5/5/2013 6:20 PM

2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Lance Lynn (5-0, 2.75) vs. Travis Wood (2-2, 2.50). 7:05 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest and KMOX.

Cards lineup: Carpenter 4, Beltran 9, Holliday 7, Craig 3, Molina 2, Freese 5, Jay 8, Kozma 6, Lynn 1.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 5/7/2013 7:15 PM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 7:20 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Series preview article posted.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 8:45 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Tonight's game is also on WGN.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 9:03 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 



Jmodene1 wrote: Tonight's game is also on WGN.
Ah, remember the "good old days" when the only times one could see the Cardinals on cable was when they played the teams with "superstations", the Braves, Mets and Cubs? Now, they are pretty much irrelevant.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 5/7/2013 9:08 AM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 9:36 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Yep - and the weird thing nowadays is that TBS dropped the Braves a few years ago, and WGN only broadcasts a handful of Cubs games since the Tribune Company sold the team.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 12:34 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


When Harry and Steve left, WGN pretty much ceased to exist as far as I was concerned. When I was a little shaver I knew no greater excitement than rooting for the cubs to lose on WGN at the tail end of Jack Brickhouse and Lou Boudreau 's reign. How did that tune go? "Hey hey holy mackerel, no doubt about it ..the cubs are on their way...they're going to hit today, they're to".....heck, too many brain cells have been lost to good ol' JD as I can't remember the words. But what baseball fan from that region and era can forget the big "HEY HEY" flashing across the screen every time a cubbie went yard?

I'm glad the cubbies finally won a home game last night vs Texas, after being swept in Wrigley by arguably the worst 2013 road team, the Reds. After thumping the Rangers 9-2, winning should be out of their system yet once again.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 12:41 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


I always had a hard time watching Cub games on WGN when Harry was there as I grew up as a "little shaver" listening to him as our announcer. And Harry wasn't just an "announcer". He was a zealous fan rooting for the ball club and cheering them on, or chastising them, during the broadcast.

So when he was doing that for the Cubs it seemed like the baseball world turned upside down. Plus the way those Cub fans and the national cable feed made him an American idol was really too much. I used to always think "you should have heard Harry when he was really good".

Anyway, one time during a post game show of the Cub/Cardinal game on WGN Harry had Jack in the booth and they talked about their respective teams. When Harry introduced Jack, Jack called Harry his "mentor" - it was pretty cool to see them back together, brief though it was.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:17 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 




---------------------------------------------
--- bicyclemike wrote:


Anyway, one time during a post game show of the Cub/Cardinal game on WGN

---------------------------------------------

(Cough cough!)...That's Cardinal/cub game, BicycleMike, not "cub/Cardinal" game. The cubs should never be listed first.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 1:54 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 



pugsleyaddams wrote: (Cough cough!)...That's Cardinal/cub game, BicycleMike, not "cub/Cardinal" game. The cubs should never be listed first.
Unless it is a list of teams unable to win a championship.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 2:40 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Or a list of teams you love to hate.  Personally, I don't hate the Cubs, I just ignore them as beneath my dignity.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 3:44 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 



Jmodene1 wrote: Or a list of teams you love to hate.  Personally, I don't hate the Cubs, I just ignore them as beneath my dignity.

LOL, okay.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 3:55 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 



DMENS wrote:
pugsleyaddams wrote: (Cough cough!)...That's Cardinal/cub game, BicycleMike, not "cub/Cardinal" game. The cubs should never be listed first.
Unless it is a list of teams unable to win a championship.

I agree.  The Astros, Mariners etc. will win one.  You just have to give them time.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 4:35 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


MCarp leading off, no Adams.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 5:05 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


I know it makes sense to go with your best 25, but if my team is in the midst of a nice winning streak, I make no personnel moves whatsoever until the streak ceases...except those necessitated due to injury of course. Heck, I wouldn't even change the batboy...unless the little rascallion was totally useless...even then if he's been blessed with a shred or two of spunk maybe he stays anyway? If the Duckaroo is game for some tag-team PBP tonight, he won't have to twist my arm.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:04 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


your choice, lynn or the batters?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:24 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 



pugsleyaddams wrote: When Harry and Steve left, WGN pretty much ceased to exist as far as I was concerned. When I was a little shaver I knew no greater excitement than rooting for the cubs to lose on WGN at the tail end of Jack Brickhouse and Lou Boudreau 's reign. How did that tune go? "Hey hey holy mackerel, no doubt about it ..the cubs are on their way...they're going to hit today, they're to".....heck, too many brain cells have been lost to good ol' JD as I can't remember the words. But what baseball fan from that region and era can forget the big "HEY HEY" flashing across the screen every time a cubbie went yard?

I'm glad the cubbies finally won a home game last night vs Texas, after being swept in Wrigley by arguably the worst 2013 road team, the Reds. After thumping the Rangers 9-2, winning should be out of their system yet once again.
Pugs: Good job on the Cubbie song.  I remember it well.  My favorite thing was to listen to the Cubs lose when Ronnie Santo was on radio. Listening to him whine was a thrill.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:48 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


cards start a quick 2 game series vs the cubbies.  2nd game is an afternoon battle tomorrow , then it's back home to st. Louis for a 10 game homestand.  cards enter tonight's action in 1st place in the nl central 3 games ahead of the pirates and reds.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:53 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 




---------------------------------------------
--- duckymedwick7 wrote:

your choice, lynn or the batters?

---------------------------------------------

I want what you want, Duck...so we'll both take the Cards. OK, I think you want the Cards, so I'll bite the bullet and call the bottom half innings. As long as we are together, Duck. Is there a better PBP tag-team on the planet?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:59 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


not that I know of, pugs.  and we work cheap...lol.  we've got enough service time to be free agents, but are still making less than league minimum...lol.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2013 6:59 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 32 thread: Cards at Cubs: Tue 5/7 


Any idea what the full line ups are for tonights game?

GO CARDS!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >