Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27

Avatar

Posted: 4/24/2013 5:33 PM

2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Jake Westbrook (1‐1, 1.25) vs. A.J. Burnett (1‐1, 2.79). 3:15 PM CT. FOX Sports Midwest and KMOX.

Cards lineup: Carpenter 5, Beltran 9, Holliday 7, Craig 3, Molina 2, Jay 8, Kozma 6, Descalso 4, Westbrook 1.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter

Last edited 4/27/2013 3:20 PM by Domeboys

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 9:41 AM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...

Last edited 4/27/2013 9:43 AM by grayssportsalmanac

Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/27/2013 11:44 AM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Agreed on the thoughts about Marte. I'm not sure if he is always that way or not, but it seemed like he was trying to get Lynn tossed. I thought maybe he figured if he leaned into a pitch then Lynn, who was on fire, would get ejected. It will be interesting to see if there is any beanball today.

Otherwise, we've got Westbrook on a rainy day against the Pirates... again. It's miserable outside. Wet and cold.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 12:51 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



grayssportsalmanac wrote: I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...
How could Burnett have struck anyone out last night?  He didn't pitch.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 1:24 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



crdswmn wrote:
grayssportsalmanac wrote: I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...
How could Burnett have struck anyone out last night?  He didn't pitch.
I think he meant earlier in the year when A.J 1 hit St.Louis. Is Marte the guy that steam rolled Yadi last year? I think it was someone else but i would not be surprised if some ill will still lingers from that.

GO CARDS!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 1:33 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



cardinalnationhouston wrote:
crdswmn wrote:
grayssportsalmanac wrote: I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...
How could Burnett have struck anyone out last night?  He didn't pitch.
I think he meant earlier in the year when A.J 1 hit St.Louis. Is Marte the guy that steam rolled Yadi last year? I think it was someone else but i would not be surprised if some ill will still lingers from that.
 Josh Harrison ran into Yadi.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 1:39 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



crdswmn wrote:
cardinalnationhouston wrote:
crdswmn wrote:
grayssportsalmanac wrote: I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...
How could Burnett have struck anyone out last night?  He didn't pitch.
I think he meant earlier in the year when A.J 1 hit St.Louis. Is Marte the guy that steam rolled Yadi last year? I think it was someone else but i would not be surprised if some ill will still lingers from that.
 Josh Harrison ran into Yadi.
Thanks i thought it was someone different but could not remember his name. That collision had me on bed rest for a week so i would not be surprised if Cards remember it. Cards like to chatter and Burnett won't put up with it so you could see a little dust up today.

GO CARDS!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 1:52 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



Because i just made that up
---------------------------------------------
--- crdswmn wrote:


grayssportsalmanac wrote: I heard ricky horton mention some tension between burnett and the cards last night. Apparently some of the guys were encouraging their hitter from the dugout and after burnett struck him out he looked at the dugout and gave the "shhhhh" sign.

Pretty harmless but after last night maybe it could turn in to something. It amazes me how much marte leans in to pitches and HOW he leans into them. On a ball inside...most hitters trying to earn a free base will twist around exposing actually more of their side or back...but to the naked eye it simply looks like hes ducking and couldnt get out of the way

Marte on the other hand will simply sit there. Last night he was hit twice by balls up on his hands...then he jumps around acting like he cant believe it hurts so much. Is he that stupid to risk a broken finger or wristfor a hbp? A player of his potential should have more common sense. I cant believe hurdle would condone that...
How could Burnett have struck anyone out last night?  He didn't pitch.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/27/2013 2:59 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Horton started that story but then said that Burnett personally apologized to the Cardinals when he found out that it was someone from the stands yelling at him not the Cardinal dugout.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 3:21 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Lineup added to first post.
Brian Walton
The Cardinal Nation and The Cardinal Nation blog
Follow both Brian and TCN on Twitter
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 4:20 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


mid 4, 1-0 cards.

cards picked up a run in the 1st on a dp groundout by holiday scored mcarp from 3rd.

westie looks very good, 4ip 0r 4h 0bb 5k.

doesn't appear to be any carry over from the events of yesterday, just a couple of teams playing good hard baseball.

cincy lost again to the nats, and with a win today the cards can open up a very nice 2 1/2 game lead on the rest of the division.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 4:35 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


cards load the bases without a hit, jay hbp, kozma walk, descalso walk, but burnett k's westie looking.

nice to see the crowd get into the game when burnett ran the count full, even with the pitcher batting.

1-0 cards end 4.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:18 PM

Re: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Did not take long for Kelly to do his thing. Sorry Jake.frown
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2516 posts this site

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:19 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


The bullpen is at it again
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:24 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



MAP315 wrote: The bullpen is at it again

It don't bode well for us now. Pirates pen is very good. And ours is....well, ours.frown
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2516 posts this site

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:29 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Salas & Scrabble have not pitched in almost a week and MM decides to bring Kelly in who pitched yesterday.

Last edited 4/27/2013 5:30 PM by MAP315

Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2516 posts this site

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:32 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


They implode so quickly...argh
Reply | Quote
  • MAP315
  • St. Louis Cardinal
  • 2516 posts this site

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:33 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


Can't buy a strike
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:44 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 


This is just shitty baseball weather Kelly's HR pitch wasn't bad and Rosenthal just has no feel of the mound or the ball.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/27/2013 5:46 PM

RE: 2013 MLB game 23 thread: Bucs at Cards: Sat 4/27 



MAP315 wrote: Salas & Scrabble have not pitched in almost a week and MM decides to bring Kelly in who pitched yesterday.
I wonder if there is a connection between our reliever pitching one game in a blow out  and very next game in a high leverage situation they get blown up...  We have seen it with Rosenthal and Boggs.. It has happened with Salas and Kelly..
Why didnt Scrabble pitching last night? Or why not throw Scrabble out there vs Alvarez?
His SLG% and OBP is less vs LH then RH pitcher..  Avg is close but very small sample size.
Shameful inning there by the pen...  They have to figure this out.... Reds are out of sorts and every game they can win with Reds struggling is a game later in the season that helps with Central race..

Last edited 4/27/2013 5:49 PM by Teufelshunde4

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >