Posted: 1/16/2013 11:34 PM
Jackson County medical examiner Dr. Thomas Young said Porter had a level of cocaine in his system consistent with recreational use. He would not be more specific, and said it was unclear when Porter had taken the drug.
Porter did not die of an overdose, Young said, but of a condition called "excited delirium," which causes excessive body temperature, "behavior that is agitated, bizarre and potentially violent," and stopped Porter's heart.
Young said heat exposure and an enlarged heart, which is common among drug users or those with high cholesterol, contributed to Porter's death.
Posted: 1/24/2013 5:17 PM
Copyright © 2013
and Scout.com. All rights reserved. This website is an unofficial independent source of news and information, and is not affiliated with any school, team, or league.
MSN PrivacyLegalAdvertise on MSNAbout our adsRSS
© 2012 Microsoft|