Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 19  Next >

ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece

Avatar

Posted: 10/2/2011 10:13 PM

ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


NT


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/2/2011 10:58 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Posada has been great so far. Wish there was some way to get Montero some at bats.

Last edited 10/2/2011 11:02 PM by uncy12

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/2/2011 11:05 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


CC Sabathia - New York Yankees - #52
  • 7.1 WAR - 2nd in MLB
  • 2.88 FIP - 6th in MLB
  • 3.02 xFIP - 5th in MLB
  • 3.77 K/BB - 13th in MLB
  • .64 HR/9 - 15th in MLB
  • .318 BABIP - 7th highest in MLB
  • 4 starts on short rest in career: 26.1 IP, 3-1 record, 1.01 ERA, 26:6 K:BB

Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers - #35
  • 7.0 WAR - 3rd in MLB
  • 2.99 FIP - 11th in MLB
  • 3.12 xFIP - 8th in MLB
  • 4.39 K/BB - 8th in MLB
  • .86 HR/9 - 42th in MLB
  • .236 BABIP - 2nd lowest in MLB
  • Never has started on short rest in career

Who had a better season in 2011?

He Amy Ha
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/2/2011 11:35 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


woot.gif

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3279/abreu.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/2/2011 11:43 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



uncy12 wrote: Posada has been great so far. Wish there was some way to get Montero some at bats.
if we play Texas or Philly later, there will be some lefties to hit against......Jorge is on a streak now.......

speaking of streaks, did everyone catch the Posada wheels while he was rumbling on his triple  pirate

a decent CF would have held him to a double of course, but then..
Reply | Quote
  • Jeety23
  • Member
  • 68 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 12:10 AM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Critical game here, whichever pitcher is on his game will likely... I do not want to go to AJ with the season in the balance.. want to make Valverde eat his words... that guy really peaves me
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 12:53 AM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



Jeety23 wrote: want to make Valverde eat his words... that guy really peaves me
What did he say?

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3279/abreu.jpg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 2:34 AM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Never mind I saw it:

NEW YORK -- How's this for a guarantee?


After closing out the Detroit Tigers' win over the New York Yankees in Game 2 of the ALDS on Sunday, closer Jose Valverde believes the Tigers are a lock to win the series.


"I think the series will finish in our house," Valverde told ESPN  Deportes' Enrique Rojas and other outlets. "They have a good team, but  the series is not (coming) back to New York."

The Yankees and Tigers are tied at 1-1 in the best-of-five series.  The teams split two games in the Bronx. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday  in Detroit. It will be a duel of aces -- Detroit's Justin Verlander and New York's CC Sabathia.

"We have a big advantage," Valverde said. "We have Verlander ready for tomorrow. In the bullpen, we are ready."

The closer, who finished 49 for 49 in save changes in the regular  season, also guaranteed that he'd be available for Monday's game.


"I can pitch in 11 straight," he said.

espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7052...


http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3279/abreu.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 5:46 AM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


I hope he gets plenty of rest the remainder of the season. Like...his team is behind by a lot the next two games, so he's not needed, and he gets the winter off to rest up more...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:02 AM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Didn't Natali Feliz say the same thing last year in the ALCS? What's with closers and guaranteeing series wins against us?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 9:23 AM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Valverde can say whatever he wants, bue he was sure lucky that he had a 4 run lead to protect yesterday.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 1:16 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


im confident in the yanks to win this one
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 1:36 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 




---------------------------------------------
--- kaybli wrote:

Never mind I saw it:

NEW YORK -- How's this for a guarantee?


After closing out the Detroit Tigers' win over the New York Yankees in Game 2 of the ALDS on Sunday, closer Jose Valverde believes the Tigers are a lock to win the series.


"I think the series will finish in our house," Valverde told ESPN  Deportes' Enrique Rojas and other outlets. "They have a good team, but  the series is not (coming) back to New York."

The Yankees and Tigers are tied at 1-1 in the best-of-five series.  The teams split two games in the Bronx. Game 3 is scheduled for Monday  in Detroit. It will be a duel of aces -- Detroit's Justin Verlander and New York's CC Sabathia.
"We have a big advantage," Valverde said. "We have Verlander ready for tomorrow. In the bullpen, we are ready."

The closer, who finished 49 for 49 in save changes in the regular  season, also guaranteed that he'd be available for Monday's game.


"I can pitch in 11 straight," he said.

espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7052...



---------------------------------------------

He should chat with Eric Chavez, Kenny Lofton and Jimmy Rollins about that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 2:06 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



kaybli wrote:

"I think the series will finish in our house," Valverde told ESPN  Deportes' Enrique Rojas and other outlets. "They have a good team, but  the series is not (coming) back to New York."


So we win it in 4?

I'm ok with that.



“Have faith in the Yankees my son. Think of the great DiMaggio.”

Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 3:17 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



michcusejoe5 wrote: CC Sabathia - New York Yankees - #52
  • 7.1 WAR - 2nd in MLB
  • 2.88 FIP - 6th in MLB
  • 3.02 xFIP - 5th in MLB
  • 3.77 K/BB - 13th in MLB
  • .64 HR/9 - 15th in MLB
  • .318 BABIP - 7th highest in MLB
  • 4 starts on short rest in career: 26.1 IP, 3-1 record, 1.01 ERA, 26:6 K:BB

Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers - #35
  • 7.0 WAR - 3rd in MLB
  • 2.99 FIP - 11th in MLB
  • 3.12 xFIP - 8th in MLB
  • 4.39 K/BB - 8th in MLB
  • .86 HR/9 - 42th in MLB
  • .236 BABIP - 2nd lowest in MLB
  • Never has started on short rest in career

Who had a better season in 2011?

WAR on B-R has Verlander much higher.  Not sure what 4 starts on short rest has to do with the 2011 season.

Verlander had 1 more start, 14 more innings.  For what it's worth.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 3:47 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



AutomatedTeller wrote:
michcusejoe5 wrote: CC Sabathia - New York Yankees - #52
  • 7.1 WAR - 2nd in MLB
  • 2.88 FIP - 6th in MLB
  • 3.02 xFIP - 5th in MLB
  • 3.77 K/BB - 13th in MLB
  • .64 HR/9 - 15th in MLB
  • .318 BABIP - 7th highest in MLB
  • 4 starts on short rest in career: 26.1 IP, 3-1 record, 1.01 ERA, 26:6 K:BB

Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers - #35
  • 7.0 WAR - 3rd in MLB
  • 2.99 FIP - 11th in MLB
  • 3.12 xFIP - 8th in MLB
  • 4.39 K/BB - 8th in MLB
  • .86 HR/9 - 42th in MLB
  • .236 BABIP - 2nd lowest in MLB
  • Never has started on short rest in career

Who had a better season in 2011?

WAR on B-R has Verlander much higher.  Not sure what 4 starts on short rest has to do with the 2011 season.

Verlander had 1 more start, 14 more innings.  For what it's worth.
i think hes tying to say cc is built for this kind of schedule why verlander its the unknown
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 3:55 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Impossible to predict what happens tonight, the Tigers lineup might get shut down just as likely as the Yankees lineup might get shut down. Just have to wait and see. I hope CC has the same command he had in Game 1.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 3:58 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



Jeety23 wrote: Critical game here, whichever pitcher is on his game will likely... I do not want to go to AJ with the season in the balance.. want to make Valverde eat his words... that guy really peaves me

Valverde has now replaced Papelbon as the opposing closer I hate the most.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 4:03 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



anthonyd46 wrote:
AutomatedTeller wrote:
michcusejoe5 wrote: CC Sabathia - New York Yankees - #52
  • 7.1 WAR - 2nd in MLB
  • 2.88 FIP - 6th in MLB
  • 3.02 xFIP - 5th in MLB
  • 3.77 K/BB - 13th in MLB
  • .64 HR/9 - 15th in MLB
  • .318 BABIP - 7th highest in MLB
  • 4 starts on short rest in career: 26.1 IP, 3-1 record, 1.01 ERA, 26:6 K:BB

Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers - #35
  • 7.0 WAR - 3rd in MLB
  • 2.99 FIP - 11th in MLB
  • 3.12 xFIP - 8th in MLB
  • 4.39 K/BB - 8th in MLB
  • .86 HR/9 - 42th in MLB
  • .236 BABIP - 2nd lowest in MLB
  • Never has started on short rest in career

Who had a better season in 2011?

WAR on B-R has Verlander much higher.  Not sure what 4 starts on short rest has to do with the 2011 season.

Verlander had 1 more start, 14 more innings.  For what it's worth.
i think hes tying to say cc is built for this kind of schedule why verlander its the unknown
The short rest part did not have to do with 2011 but I was just trying to highlight that this extreme fear of Verlander that seems to be present is really actually a little ridiculous.

He Amy Ha
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 4:03 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
Hyperbole is the greatest word ever.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 4:13 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


bottom line.............................. CC,A-rod and tex have to step up !!!biggrin

"If you were sitting out past the 457 marker in left center field in the last row, in the bleachers and he started to walk to the plate,you knew who he was, you didn't need mel allen to tell you !!!"  

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 4:14 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Sabathia nor Verlander can seal the series, but they can put one team on the verge of clinching. Whoever wins tonight needs just one more victory to advance, and each team is pitching its very best.

“I think it’s going to be a big game no matter what, whether it’s Game 1 at Yankee Stadium or Game 3 in Detroit,” Verlander said. “Obviously there will probably be a little bit more publicity now for Game 3 because of what occurred and all the news that encompassed it with me and CC facing off again. Either way you look at it, it’s going to be a swing game.”

Said Sabathia: “I know the game plan. We went over it a couple of days ago. I’ll just try to go out and execute.”

yankees.lhblogs.com/


Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 4:58 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



bailsbud wrote: Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
thumbsup.gif

Of course, there is ONE exception to the closer rule...Mo says very little...and many DO care quite a bit what he thinks and does...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 5:20 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



inger wrote:
bailsbud wrote: Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
thumbsup.gif

Of course, there is ONE exception to the closer rule...Mo says very little...and many DO care quite a bit what he thinks and does...
I hope that before this series is said and done, we get to see Valverde in a big spot. Then he can be accountable for his words.

"NYY is a Ferrari. In many cases, people who say money is the only reason for success would be an insect smashing against the windshield."
-Brian Cashman

Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 5:59 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



michcusejoe5 wrote: CC Sabathia - New York Yankees - #52
  • 7.1 WAR - 2nd in MLB
  • 2.88 FIP - 6th in MLB
  • 3.02 xFIP - 5th in MLB
  • 3.77 K/BB - 13th in MLB
  • .64 HR/9 - 15th in MLB
  • .318 BABIP - 7th highest in MLB
  • 4 starts on short rest in career: 26.1 IP, 3-1 record, 1.01 ERA, 26:6 K:BB

Justin Verlander - Detroit Tigers - #35
  • 7.0 WAR - 3rd in MLB
  • 2.99 FIP - 11th in MLB
  • 3.12 xFIP - 8th in MLB
  • 4.39 K/BB - 8th in MLB
  • .86 HR/9 - 42th in MLB
  • .236 BABIP - 2nd lowest in MLB
  • Never has started on short rest in career

Who had a better season in 2011?
CC has stated before that he doesn't mind pitching on short rest, I think we may have an edge on Verlander today
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 6:03 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



phattony81 wrote:
inger wrote:
bailsbud wrote: Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
thumbsup.gif

Of course, there is ONE exception to the closer rule...Mo says very little...and many DO care quite a bit what he thinks and does...
I hope that before this series is said and done, we get to see Valverde in a big spot. Then he can be accountable for his words.
I don't, I want him to eat his words watching from the bullpen as Mo finishes things off.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 6:19 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


Remember that CC heroically took the ball for Milwaukee on three days rest down the stretch run in 2008? He pitched on Sept 16th that year on his regular five days rest, then worked on the 20th, 24th, and 28th...Notably, on the 24th, he pitched 7 innings, fanning 11 and allowing only 1 run on 4 hits, and then capped of the season by hurling a complete game, allowing 1 run and 4 hits in that game. The point being that CC has indeed been willing and able to take the hill on short rest in big games in the past, and has come up big...

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 6:25 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



inger wrote:

Remember that CC heroically took the ball for Milwaukee on three days rest down the stretch run in 2008? He pitched on Sept 16th that year on his regular five days rest, then worked on the 20th, 24th, and 28th...Notably, on the 24th, he pitched 7 innings, fanning 11 and allowing only 1 run on 4 hits, and then capped of the season by hurling a complete game, allowing 1 run and 4 hits in that game. The point being that CC has indeed been willing and able to take the hill on short rest in big games in the past, and has come up big...

Precisely. Who knows if tonight will feel or play like short rest due to the limited workload by both pitchers on Friday night but I still like our guys chances and as I laid out in a prior post the Tigers should be just as worried (if not more so) about CC as many here seem to be about Verlander.

He Amy Ha
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 7:10 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


this is what postseason baseball is all about, two great pitchers, outstanding hitters on both sides, old-time organizations going at it in a pivotal momentum swinging game 3.

LETS GO YANKEES!

Last edited 10/3/2011 7:15 PM by maizeyanks

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 7:24 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



inger wrote:
bailsbud wrote: Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
thumbsup.gif

Of course, there is ONE exception
Thank goodness I am not the only one who appreciated Steve Largent.
Reply | Quote
  • BigNYC
  • Member
  • 1101 posts this site

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:10 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



inger wrote:

Remember that CC heroically took the ball for Milwaukee on three days rest down the stretch run in 2008? He pitched on Sept 16th that year on his regular five days rest, then worked on the 20th, 24th, and 28th...Notably, on the 24th, he pitched 7 innings, fanning 11 and allowing only 1 run on 4 hits, and then capped of the season by hurling a complete game, allowing 1 run and 4 hits in that game. The point being that CC has indeed been willing and able to take the hill on short rest in big games in the past, and has come up big...

CC is the rare combination of an ACE and a Workhorse.. I think the tigers should be very worried about facing him tonight!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:20 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



BigNYC wrote:

CC is the rare combination of an ACE and a Workhorse..
Acehorse.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:30 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



GreatFatness wrote:
inger wrote:
bailsbud wrote: Closers are like Wide Receivers.   Not as important as they think  and full of opinions that nobody cares about.
thumbsup.gif

Of course, there is ONE exception
Thank goodness I am not the only one who appreciated Steve Largent.
I used to really admire the way Marvin Harrison went about his business with no fanfare. Then I read an article about the way he lived in his original "hood" and was somewhat of a local gangsta', so even though I was a Colt fan, I felt quite uneasy about him after that...It wasn't modesty that kept him quiet...he was/is an odd character, to say the least. Dangerous? Most likely...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:33 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


The sportscaster just chuckled as he said that for game 4 the Yankees are sending AJ on the hill.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:34 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


I'd like to see AJ pitch his ass off and fan about 14 in that game...just to see and hear the reactions...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:35 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



cbpinstripes wrote: The sportscaster just chuckled as he said that for game 4 the Yankees are sending AJ on the hill.
with AJ ,you never know what your gonna get !!! i'm betting on the "good" AJ !!!biggrin

"If you were sitting out past the 457 marker in left center field in the last row, in the bleachers and he started to walk to the plate,you knew who he was, you didn't need mel allen to tell you !!!"  

Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:37 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


please just let us hit a little bit tonite
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:37 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 



inger wrote: I'd like to see AJ pitch his ass off and fan about 14 in that game...just to see and hear the reactions...
I was thinking the same thing.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:38 PM

RE: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


And the boys get right to work!

He Amy Ha
Reply | Quote

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:38 PM

Re: ALDS Game #3 - CC vs. Verlander - Part Duece 


that no hit bid ended quickly!
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 19  Next >