Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox

Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better!

Posted: 7/21/2014 7:03 PM

Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


It has been very disappointing that so few want to talk Twins baseball anymore. The team isn't very good...and it hasn't been good for quite awhile...but we must soldier on.
Twins playing the politically incorrect 'Indians' with a chance to move up in the standings.

Yawn.....redface

Last edited 7/21/2014 9:38 PM by insagt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/21/2014 7:08 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board is Waning 


There is no need to start a thread like this. 

Either enjoy sharing your views and find enjoyment with the few that are on here or don't.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/21/2014 9:25 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board is Waning 


It's always tough to be a fan this time of year when the team continues to find the future core of a successful team.  The years when the Pucketts, Gaettis, Hrbeks were filling out the lineup trying to find the right parts to fill out the roster to create competitive teams for quite a few years looked pretty close to this year.  Clearly, the record looks similar to the last two but I think overall there has been good progress finding some better solutions for many of the positions with future stars waiting in the wings at AA and AAA.  I think we're making progress.  Some bright spots have been discovered this year.  Escobar as a regular everyday player seems fine while Santana has shown some great offensive potential showing no jitters up here in the Bigs.  Polanco also showed some offensive potential while Plouffe has been solid enough.  Suzuki has been a pleasant surprise and I would think he's going to be a fixture for a few years simply because of his real talent handling pitchers.  Dozier still is showing improvement and the power seems to be a very real part of his game.  Morales was a nice acquisition while guys like Parmalee and Colabello are still working on shrinking the holes in their hitting zones.  Gibson is slowly improving, Hughes has been solid.  Nevertheless, the rotation is  better and should continue to improve as starters start to move from AAA to the big club.  Pino has been a nice surprise.  His excellent command might make him a solid back end of the rotation starter.  Whatever is going on in AAA with pitching coaches, it's working and perhaps Anderson's job might be in jeopardy.  The Team is better even if the numbers don't support that notion.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/21/2014 9:37 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board is Waning 



brian450 wrote: There is no need to start a thread like this. 

Either enjoy sharing your views and find enjoyment with the few that are on here or don't.
Yes there is! Its a little wake-up call...a nudge. Every now and then it just gets frustrating so I vent. (perhaps more frustrating since my team down on the farm has hit the wall. Watching them go thru the motions night after night, after playing so well for two months is beyond aggravating. If you don't like my contributions, whatever they are, I'll go away like the others.frown


(I softened the title of the thread......)

Last edited 7/21/2014 9:39 PM by insagt1

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/21/2014 10:00 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board is Waning 



brian450 wrote: There is no need to start a thread like this. 

Either enjoy sharing your views and find enjoyment with the few that are on here or don't.
Brian has SPOKEN!blah2blah2blah2blah2blah2blah2blah2blah2blah2
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/21/2014 10:15 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


There's more to life then visiting a message board and talking about a team not interested in winning. For instance, I have a loving girlfriend, her 2 daughters, my two kids, a good job, and other things going on that far out rank the clowns at Target Field. Maybe if the boys start winning moreso then losing, and the front office and ownership pull their head out of their asses and make smart business decisions, I might start caring more.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/21/2014 11:23 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


Eh, just my opinion we should keep it to baseball talk here, most specifically on the Twins. 

I don't see how comments with regards to apathy here are beneficial to anyone (unless you feel better about it, then it'd be one in total). 

As Viper has mentioned, folks sometimes have lives "in the real world" and things take precedence over chiming in here (says he who has been here over 11 years and has a billion posts here tongue).  Every now and then, people get busy with those things... I trust peeps will post when they can.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 5:24 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


I'm sorry guys. I just really enjoy the opportunity to talk baseball with folks who cheer for my favorite teams. Back in the 'day' nothing like this existed. So occasionally when I scroll down and only see my name on all the posts, I want to hear from everyone. This thread was meant only to point out that we have become a very small 'community' and I don't want to lose it. I was a bit taken aback by the sort of nasty response.
I know we all have lives. Just that all the losing lately got me nuts and this is one way of dealing with it.

Plus our oldest daughter is getting married Sunday which makes this a rather intense time for the family, to put it mildly. And its going to be an outdoor wedding...can't control the weather. A lot is riding on having a decent day.

Anyway, just wanted to clear the air about this. I believe we should all be able to say whats on our mind and in our heart without being called out. Since I apparently fired the first shot, I apologize. I don't want to alienate what few posters we still have around here.
I hope this settles the matter....back to baseball (and our lousy teams....THAT definitely needs to change!)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 7:10 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 



insagt1 wrote: I'm sorry guys. I just really enjoy the opportunity to talk baseball with folks who cheer for my favorite teams. Back in the 'day' nothing like this existed. So occasionally when I scroll down and only see my name on all the posts, I want to hear from everyone. This thread was meant only to point out that we have become a very small 'community' and I don't want to lose it. I was a bit taken aback by the sort of nasty response.
I know we all have lives. Just that all the losing lately got me nuts and this is one way of dealing with it.

Plus our oldest daughter is getting married Sunday which makes this a rather intense time for the family, to put it mildly. And its going to be an outdoor wedding...can't control the weather. A lot is riding on having a decent day.

Anyway, just wanted to clear the air about this. I believe we should all be able to say whats on our mind and in our heart without being called out. Since I apparently fired the first shot, I apologize. I don't want to alienate what few posters we still have around here.
I hope this settles the matter....back to baseball (and our lousy teams....THAT definitely needs to change!)
In an effort to further 'clear the air' and so yourself or other folks don't have a misunderstanding:  You (insagt) know I both respect you opinion with regards to matters of baseball and have a deep appreciation for your contribution on this website.  Further, you know of personal matters I have chosen to share with you privately, that would also give you an understanding of who I am.

In 11 years, you would know by now you are one of the guys here I'd sit down with as a friend and knock back a few beers together.  Not only do we obviously share a passion for our Twins and baseball as a whole, but you're a guy who has a fair bit of wisdom, maturity and would be fun outside this artificial and limiting arena. 

That said, we've had this discussion before.  IMO, it's about 'adding value' (which is something you more than anyone else does here) to this site and keeping it to baseball.  Openly complaining about activity here and  'Cheap Jerseys' or similar, does not qualify, nor does High's "contribution" in this thread.  It's simply not positive.

That said, I apologize if you thought I was unduly nasty.  I didn't mean to offend you and 'm pretty sure you'd have taken it differently in a 'real world' setting and we'd probably end up having a laugh over it. 
Congrats on your daughter getting married, brotha!  I wish you and the family a happy day.  GOOD LUCK, sir!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 10:02 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


amen brother....you are totally correct. We probably would profit greatly someday by doing as you say. So now on the show!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 11:01 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


Sorry man I wasn't trying to start anything...just making a statement in my own way. Sometimes I get carried away and it seems like when I'm venting, I'm ripping someone's head off. lol That wasn't my intent.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:34 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


Good points made by everyone.  I certainly understand insagt's frustration with the team(s).  As viper and brian pointed out though, we all have lives outside of this board and can't always post or comment during or after every game.

As for content,  I agree that we mainly come here to read about the Twins, but as a small community with posters who share other interests, I don't see the harm in occasionally discussing "non-Twins" related things.  For example, if insagt and I want to discuss the Expos or baseball in Montreal, or if a few of us want to talk about hockey every once in a while,  I really don't see the harm in that.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:39 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


Yes, it is very difficult to proactively seek out the Twins message board when it feels like this is just a rerun of last year or the year before. Losing does not a good environment make. I really love the Twins and talking baseball but at times it feels like nothing is happening to make the team better. We keep spending money and/or time on older player (i.e. bringing up Pino over one of our younger guys). As an organization, I feel, we are far too conservative in places we should not be and over aggressive in areas we should be taking a more cautious approach. 


I completely understand insagt's frustration and I will do my best to post on here more often, when the Twins are winning and when they are losing.

BTW, CONGRATS on your daughters wedding, I hope the weather is beautiful for her wonderful day!!

GO TWINS GO!!!
  

 Meyer and May will be top of the rotation starters by 2015. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 7:27 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 



slydel9 wrote:

Yes, it is very difficult to proactively seek out the Twins message board when it feels like this is just a rerun of last year or the year before. Losing does not a good environment make. I really love the Twins and talking baseball but at times it feels like nothing is happening to make the team better. We keep spending money and/or time on older player (i.e. bringing up Pino over one of our younger guys). As an organization, I feel, we are far too conservative in places we should not be and over aggressive in areas we should be taking a more cautious approach. 


I completely understand insagt's frustration and I will do my best to post on here more often, when the Twins are winning and when they are losing.

BTW, CONGRATS on your daughters wedding, I hope the weather is beautiful for her wonderful day!!

GO TWINS GO!!!
  

I note with great satisfaction tongue that there has been great activity around here the past few days!biggrinbiggrin
Sometimes its good to clear the air and blow out the smog!!!

Thanks for the well wishes guys....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 9:14 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 



insagt1 wrote:  
I note with great satisfaction tongue that there has been great activity around here the past few days!biggrinbiggrin
Sometimes its good to clear the air and blow out the smog!!!

Thanks for the well wishes guys....
It worked with me, that's for sure. That's why I didn't quite understand the instant, knee-jerk negative reaction. 

But, nevertheless, it has sparked me to spill out all my frustrations, thoughts, and suggestions.

Terry Ryan should be calling me any day now with a job opening.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 8:58 PM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 



TwinsFaninVT wrote:

As for content,  I agree that we mainly come here to read about the Twins, but as a small community with posters who share other interests, I don't see the harm in occasionally discussing "non-Twins" related things.  For example, if insagt and I want to discuss the Expos or baseball in Montreal, or if a few of us want to talk about hockey every once in a while,  I really don't see the harm in that.
This is a 'straw man' point as no one said anything against that here.  If I were being pedantic (which I'm not), I'd suggest you guys have this discussion in the 'Around the Majors Discussion' which has been created for such topics.  Hey, we've all been guilty of bringing things up from time to time that are not strictly 'Twins Baseball'.

Here is what I said:   "Eh, just my opinion we should keep it to baseball talk here, most specifically on the Twins." 

Of course, with a small board and no moderator, there comes a great amount of flexibility (and the flip side comes a fair bit of responsibility for folks to be respectful to one another and as I've said, try to  "add value"with your posts to this site - it makes for a better (not bitter) and more interesting board, even if it's small.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/24/2014 7:13 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 



brian450 wrote:
TwinsFaninVT wrote:

As for content,  I agree that we mainly come here to read about the Twins, but as a small community with posters who share other interests, I don't see the harm in occasionally discussing "non-Twins" related things.  For example, if insagt and I want to discuss the Expos or baseball in Montreal, or if a few of us want to talk about hockey every once in a while,  I really don't see the harm in that.
This is a 'straw man' point as no one said anything against that here.  If I were being pedantic (which I'm not), I'd suggest you guys have this discussion in the 'Around the Majors Discussion' which has been created for such topics.  Hey, we've all been guilty of bringing things up from time to time that are not strictly 'Twins Baseball'.

Here is what I said:   "Eh, just my opinion we should keep it to baseball talk here, most specifically on the Twins." 

Of course, with a small board and no moderator, there comes a great amount of flexibility (and the flip side comes a fair bit of responsibility for folks to be respectful to one another and as I've said, try to  "add value"with your posts to this site - it makes for a better (not bitter) and more interesting board, even if it's small.
At this point, I think you are simply trying to create an argument simply or the sake of having an argument.  Frankly, I don't think, engaging in a battle of semantics adds value to the site, so sorry, I'm not going to take the bait.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/25/2014 12:02 AM

Re: Interest in Twins on This Board Should be Better! 


Yeah, let's stick to baseball, shall we?  wink
Reply | Quote