Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Other Team Offseason Thread

Posted: 11/13/2012 9:40 PM

Other Team Offseason Thread 


Figured we could do this, especially with HUGE news today.

Miami has sent Josh Johnson, Jose Reyes, and Mark Buehrle north of the border to Toronto.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 6:25 AM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


baseball in Florida is a complete mess. Neither the Rays or Marlins deserve a franchise.But Miami has basically reduced itself to a AAA franchise. Somehow those clowns down there have managed to win 2 WS--in a city that SO shouldn't have MLB.
And I can't stand Jeffrey Loria.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 7:45 AM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Well they'll have Giancarlo Stanton, an aquarium and whatever high school team is available to be run out there. Why can't they be in our division? On a different note, I doubt Miami signs any big free agents for a long time, promising sunshine in Miami only to send them to "siberia" north of the border. I'm betting Pujols is glad he didn't sign with Miami.
 Meyer and May will be top of the rotation starters by 2015. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 9:16 AM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 


They're screwing Mike Redmond!

I do think that Miami should have a team, even with their attendance problems, just because it's one of the largest cities in the U.S. and obviously a big market. Tampa shouldn't, though. They can't sell out their stadium in the playoffs. Embarassing.

Last edited 11/14/2012 9:17 AM by beast10

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 11:23 AM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


In other news our (soon to be not so) beloved Torii Hunter has agreed to a 2 year contract with the Tigers...
 Meyer and May will be top of the rotation starters by 2015. 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 1:53 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Yep--guys in the twilight of their careers, hoping for one more decent payday rarely sign with losing teams...especially a team like the Twins who have been the AL doormats for 2 straight years. So while it would have been nice to get him back, Twins were probably 33rd on a list of 32 teams he would have gone to.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 2:51 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 



slydel9 wrote: In other news our (soon to be not so) beloved Torii Hunter has agreed to a 2 year contract with the Tigers...
Now, can we please stop cheering for him every time he comes to the plate at Target Field?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 3:33 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


I'm beginning to think that we might have to wait until the winter meetings before we hear about any moves made by the Twins.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 3:43 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


We're too nice of fans to do that. Even if he does play for the Tigers.
 Meyer and May will be top of the rotation starters by 2015. 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/14/2012 3:58 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Typical Twins......other teams making offseason moves, and we're sitting with our thumbs up our ass. What a joke. Guess Terry Ryan still enjoys being in last place for years on end.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 4:54 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 



slydel9 wrote: We're too nice of fans to do that. Even if he does play for the Tigers.
Sometimes, I can't stand that. Torii has been gone for how many years now? 5-6? It's not like he was an all-time great going in the HOF and won world series here and stuff. Sure, he was a fan favorite, sure he had a pretty nice career during his time here, and we loved him back. But he ditched us. I can understand respecting the guy (I know I do) and clapping for him his first time back, but good lord. I was in like 7th or 8th grade the last time he suited up as a Twin. I am now a Sophomore in college. Let's move forward.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/14/2012 6:40 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Maybe, maybe not.  They were terrible with those players anyway,

it will give MR a chance to rebuild that team with a new group of young players. 


beast10 wrote: They're screwing Mike Redmond!

I do think that Miami should have a team, even with their attendance problems, just because it's one of the largest cities in the U.S. and obviously a big market. Tampa shouldn't, though. They can't sell out their stadium in the playoffs. Embarassing.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 11:07 AM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 



solomon69 wrote: Maybe, maybe not.  They were terrible with those players anyway,

it will give MR a chance to rebuild that team with a new group of young players. 


beast10 wrote: They're screwing Mike Redmond!

I do think that Miami should have a team, even with their attendance problems, just because it's one of the largest cities in the U.S. and obviously a big market. Tampa shouldn't, though. They can't sell out their stadium in the playoffs. Embarassing.
I mean, that is true. I just have no idea who is on their roster that will make much of a difference, plus, I'm pretty sure they don't have the strongest base of prospects at this point in time.

How pissed do you think Reyes is? He signed with Miami so he could live there, etc. and now he has to go north of the border...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 5:32 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Posey won MVP today, while the AL hasn't been announced as I type this. It will be Cabrera, but man, did Trout put up a case. If Detroit wouldn't have made the playoffs, I would've said Trout.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/15/2012 7:55 PM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Cabrera wins AL MVP.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/28/2012 5:54 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 


BJ Upton signed a big 5/75 (I think) contract with Atlanta. Crazy to think he can get that kind of money for being a really average player.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 5:01 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 


Can't believe the deal that went down between KC and Tampa. Really think the Royals gave up way too much for Sheilds.

Also, rumors are that the Dodgers may be presenting Greinke 6/140+. Doesn't that sound insane? He's a good pitcher, but definately not at that price. Speaking of price, how are the Dodgers affording all of this? They're out Yankee-ing the Yankees. Weren't they bankrupt?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 5:10 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 



beast10 wrote: Can't believe the deal that went down between KC and Tampa. Really think the Royals gave up way too much for Sheilds.

Also, rumors are that the Dodgers may be presenting Greinke 6/140+. Doesn't that sound insane? He's a good pitcher, but definately not at that price. Speaking of price, how are the Dodgers affording all of this? They're out Yankee-ing the Yankees. Weren't they bankrupt?
Different owner (s) - where have you been?  tongue

But yeah, crazy contract and crazy payroll... scary, really.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/10/2012 10:45 PM

Re: Other Team Offseason Thread 



brian450 wrote:
beast10 wrote: Can't believe the deal that went down between KC and Tampa. Really think the Royals gave up way too much for Sheilds.

Also, rumors are that the Dodgers may be presenting Greinke 6/140+. Doesn't that sound insane? He's a good pitcher, but definately not at that price. Speaking of price, how are the Dodgers affording all of this? They're out Yankee-ing the Yankees. Weren't they bankrupt?
Different owner (s) - where have you been?  tongue

But yeah, crazy contract and crazy payroll... scary, really.
No I realize that Magic bought the team, but still, I can't believe they suddenly have that money. Their projected payroll next year at like 224 million or so is the highest in the history of the game... eek
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 7:10 AM

RE: Other Team Offseason Thread 


frankly--when teams overpay that much for players, they make it ridiculously hard for other teams to compete and they deserve to not be rewarded for this insanity.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >