Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14

Posted: 08/11/2014 4:48 PM

Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Time to talk about this series. I am not sure what to expect, the Braves have been slumping and the  Dodgers are building a lead against the Gnats.

Corriea goes for the Dodgers to give the other starters an extra day.

Last edited 08/11/2014 5:22 PM by happyhooten

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 4:53 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


So far Correia is on his game.  The bats haven't found solid contact.  Even that liner to short sort of died in the air and looped to Rojas.  Let's hope Correia keeps it on the rails.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 5:23 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Correia looks good, now if the bats would get going and runners would quit getting picked off, we may win this game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 5:39 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


I switched to the MLB after the inning just in time to see Manny Machado swing and go down.  That is an ACL injury and Machado is done for the year.  Having torn an ACL myself, I say it with 90 percent certainty.  However, I hope I'm wrong because it's a tough injury to come back from.  The physical aspect takes about 8 months, sometimes sooner, but the mental takes a few months more.  You'll operate at about 80 percent capacity until you truly trust the knee again.  Derrick Rose of the Bulls could have been back after the All-Star  break last year PHYSICALLY.  But mentally, he didn't trust it enough to go full boar so he sat out.  Machado may be back by ST if he has the operation immediately.  Again I really hope I'm wrong.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 5:43 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


The Braves aren't finding the contact.  Soft grounders, hitting back to the mound.  The Braves small balled themselves to a run.  We only need, maybe 2 more innings from Correia.  Now we need to get some runs.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 5:50 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Bases loaded, no outs.  Pleeeeeeese!  No donut.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:12 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



LongTimeBlue wrote: Bases loaded, no outs.  Pleeeeeeese!  No donut.

Nope all three scored. Correia went 6, now if the bullpen can hold on.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:18 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Wow! Aaron Boone sounds a lot like Tim Kurkjian.  Not, necessarily a good thing.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:21 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



LongTimeBlue wrote: Wow! Aaron Boone sounds a lot like Tim Kurkjian.  Not, necessarily a good thing.

I was thinking he sounds like Tony Gywnne
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:32 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



happyhooten wrote:
LongTimeBlue wrote: Wow! Aaron Boone sounds a lot like Tim Kurkjian.  Not, necessarily a good thing.

I was thinking he sounds like Tony Gywnne
Close but Gwynn wasn't as nasally whiney.  IMO.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:34 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



LongTimeBlue wrote:
happyhooten wrote:
LongTimeBlue wrote: Wow! Aaron Boone sounds a lot like Tim Kurkjian.  Not, necessarily a good thing.

I was thinking he sounds like Tony Gywnne
Close but Gwynn wasn't as nasally whiney.  IMO.
Are you attacking me? you cyber bully! Nah, I am just kidding. lol, Dodgers just scored another run.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:47 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Congratulations to Kevin Correia on a very nice 1st Dodger start.biggrin

Just the facts.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:49 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


I don't care how we score the runs. Let the other team worry about whether they are earn or not.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 6:58 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



LongTimeBlue wrote: I don't care how we score the runs. Let the other team worry about whether they are earn or not.
Remember when the Dodgers went on a run almost a year ago when everything was clicking.  Success breed success.  You get pitchers around guys like Kershaw and Greinke and they should tend to raise their game.  Lets hope the Dodgers stay on a good path and avoid any injuries and give time for guys to heal like HanRam!  The Dodgers don't need to sign him to a long big $$$$ deal.  Let someone else do that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:03 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Agree on Hanely. he will not be back, he is to soft and injury prone, don't need anymore Monster contracts that go unfulfilled!!madbanghead
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:09 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



DodgerBlueWarrior wrote:
LongTimeBlue wrote: I don't care how we score the runs. Let the other team worry about whether they are earn or not.
Remember when the Dodgers went on a run almost a year ago when everything was clicking.  Success breed success.  You get pitchers around guys like Kershaw and Greinke and they should tend to raise their game.  Lets hope the Dodgers stay on a good path and avoid any injuries and give time for guys to heal like HanRam!  The Dodgers don't need to sign him to a long big $$$$ deal.  Let someone else do that.
HanRam needs to make a decision.  If he's willing to switch to 3rd and sign for 2 or 3 years, then sign him.  If not.  Then let's go Guerrero. Arruebarena and Seager.  Or use those guys to try and work a trade for Tulo………..       A guy can dream, right!
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:27 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



LongTimeBlue wrote: I switched to the MLB after the inning just in time to see Manny Machado swing and go down.  That is an ACL injury and Machado is done for the year.  Having torn an ACL myself, I say it with 90 percent certainty.  However, I hope I'm wrong because it's a tough injury to come back from.  The physical aspect takes about 8 months, sometimes sooner, but the mental takes a few months more.  You'll operate at about 80 percent capacity until you truly trust the knee again.  Derrick Rose of the Bulls could have been back after the All-Star  break last year PHYSICALLY.  But mentally, he didn't trust it enough to go full boar so he sat out.  Machado may be back by ST if he has the operation immediately.  Again I really hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong too, that would be a shame.  I will say I don't remember anyone tearing an ACL just swinging a bat.

Just the facts.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:28 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Well that was a game no one saw coming. Got to give it to Correia, he really stepped it up. The bats went to work and the bullpen did well. Good Game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:29 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 


Wednesday's night starter for the Dodgers will be Ryu.  By asking the Internet I found that Ryu provides 7.5 % of team production and 1.46 % of the total team salary.  Not available to me until tonight's announcers said, that Ryu has come up with a slider he did not have till this year.  The staff or the pitching coach helped Ryu with that, he is at 4.83 M$ for 2014

Ryu ought to have his salary contract renegotiated.  It is a bit low.  Not likely, too bad.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/11/2014 7:36 PM

Re: Dodgers vs. Braves 8/11-8/14 



jtrichey wrote:
LongTimeBlue wrote: I switched to the MLB after the inning just in time to see Manny Machado swing and go down.  That is an ACL injury and Machado is done for the year.  Having torn an ACL myself, I say it with 90 percent certainty.  However, I hope I'm wrong because it's a tough injury to come back from.  The physical aspect takes about 8 months, sometimes sooner, but the mental takes a few months more.  You'll operate at about 80 percent capacity until you truly trust the knee again.  Derrick Rose of the Bulls could have been back after the All-Star  break last year PHYSICALLY.  But mentally, he didn't trust it enough to go full boar so he sat out.  Machado may be back by ST if he has the operation immediately.  Again I really hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong too, that would be a shame.  I will say I don't remember anyone tearing an ACL just swinging a bat.
I tore my ACL coming around a screen and planting my feet getting ready to go up for a jumper.  It is the strangest injury because you feel trauma but not pain.  As the guys were helping me up I kept saying I down have pain.  You know something is wrong but there is no throbbing or anything.  Two weeks later I was out on the court and went down again coming around another pick.  It wasn't until I had my knee scoped that I knew it was torn.  The Doc showed me the pics and my ACL looked like threaded string cheese.  I'm hoping the best for Machado.
Happiness aint nothing more than having something to look forward to. ( Robert Duval - A Family Thing )
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >