Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Dodgers at Gnats....

Posted: 09/24/2013 8:52 AM

Dodgers at Gnats.... 


great 3 game set.
Ryu pitches like last time he will be set as #3 SP behind Kershaw and Greinke.
Nolasco needs to pitch well to get big offer from dodgers after last 2 blowouts...

HRam ...if he had played 162 games this yr..
 He would have won batting title and hit 40 hrs and 110+ rbis...not bad..
like Hram of allstar days.
Like to see puig get a day off to rest hi9m, he looks tired/worn down a bit..Let Ethier play against Cain and Puig against bumgarner

Last edited 09/24/2013 8:55 AM by colobrowns

Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/24/2013 2:47 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


I know many on this board will say that this series is meaningless, but it is not so with me. I think we need to make a statement, not only to SF, but also to the rest of the postseason qualifiers  that we are back and we are for real; the tremendous run we had was not just a fluke. The last several weeks, we played like the pre June 22 team and literally limped into the playoffs. I know we were banged up and tired, but so is everyone else. The regulars have had their swim and some rest, so now they need to tune up for the post season.

Additionally, we need to stop letting these gints get the best of us, as they pretty much have throughout our histories. We couldn't beat them a few weeks ago when we were trying to clinch and they were in last place. Some on the board reminded us that they are world champions with excellent pitching; and so it didn't surprise them that we would lose three of four. Well, my answer to that is, "Somebody sure as heck had been beating the crap out of them to put them in last place." Their pitchers, with mediocre or losing records, and with less than exceptional stats, beat our best, and we are told how great their pitching staff is. "Well, somebody sure as heck has been beating those great pitchers; why not it be us, for a change?"

Let's face it, the Dodgers appear to cower to the Giants all the time; we need to step it up, and stop believing their bios. We can still win the season series by cleaning their clocks and sweeping this series. C'mon guys, they may have "good" pitching, but ours is better. They may have "good" hitters, but ours are better. That is why we  won the west and they languished for a long time  in last place. Let's put them back there to stay. Go Bums!

Last edited 09/24/2013 2:47 PM by MDMore

Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/24/2013 5:26 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



MDMore wrote: I know many on this board will say that this series is meaningless, but it is not so with me. I think we need to make a statement, not only to SF, but also to the rest of the postseason qualifiers  that we are back and we are for real; the tremendous run we had was not just a fluke. The last several weeks, we played like the pre June 22 team and literally limped into the playoffs. I know we were banged up and tired, but so is everyone else. The regulars have had their swim and some rest, so now they need to tune up for the post season.

Additionally, we need to stop letting these gints get the best of us, as they pretty much have throughout our histories. We couldn't beat them a few weeks ago when we were trying to clinch and they were in last place. Some on the board reminded us that they are world champions with excellent pitching; and so it didn't surprise them that we would lose three of four. Well, my answer to that is, "Somebody sure as heck had been beating the crap out of them to put them in last place." Their pitchers, with mediocre or losing records, and with less than exceptional stats, beat our best, and we are told how great their pitching staff is. "Well, somebody sure as heck has been beating those great pitchers; why not it be us, for a change?"

Let's face it, the Dodgers appear to cower to the Giants all the time; we need to step it up, and stop believing their bios. We can still win the season series by cleaning their clocks and sweeping this series. C'mon guys, they may have "good" pitching, but ours is better. They may have "good" hitters, but ours are better. That is why we  won the west and they languished for a long time  in last place. Let's put them back there to stay. Go Bums!
We need to beat gnats 2-1 or sweep....to get an edge in home field somewhere in playoffs. Then sweep rockies.
That gives us momentum needed for playoffs.
Ryu needs to pitch well tonight and we need to be aggressive with Cain.
Love to see Wilson close one game against his old team!
I am surprised no Ethier tonight maybe Ph?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/24/2013 6:17 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Dodgers are a competitive team, and they play to win. That's how they should finish the season, no matter who they play. Either way, it's no statement to anyone else, and poppycock that they have any fear of the Giants. Some series go the Dodgers way, some the Giants. With nothing else on the line lately, S.F. probably focuses a little harder against L.A. They certainly have the weapons to win any game. The teams are not that far apart when healthy, and despite their record, if you threw the Giants into the playoffs, I wouldn't count them out. Anyone who pays attention can see that all the playoff teams are struggling to win against teams with poorer records. Every game, every series, is potentially a tough one.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/24/2013 8:29 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



MDMore wrote: I know many on this board will say that this series is meaningless,
This series is meaningless.  For reals.

Just the facts.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/24/2013 8:29 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


1 little Puigy went downtown....
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/24/2013 9:19 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Dam ex Dodger, then Kemp....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 5:29 AM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Ryu established himself as #3 starter again after this start...for playoffs. Regardless of what Nolasco does.
Ryu is 7th in era at 2.97 for NL..Dodger have 3 pitcher in top 11..kershaw #1,Greinke #4!biggrin
No other pitcher in NL of other playoffs teams has one pitcher who has a lower ERA than our 3 guys!

Last edited 09/25/2013 6:58 AM by colobrowns

Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 7:11 AM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


You got what you wanted with Ryu. He had a great game and even managed to pick up the win to boot; with Wilson coming on strong against his old team. Anyone who thinks playing the Giants is just another game or just another series denies there is any such thing as a rivalry, and therefore has not been around or not paid  attention over the years. We need to get our hitting stroke back, and Nolasco is also another important piece to the puzzle. However, we seem to win even when he has a bad outing; but we need him to show he has his groove back. Yes, two out of three would be ok, but a sweep, with neither Kershaw nor Greinke going, would be sweet. Let's do it and finish up the road season with a bang, and help those gints finish last.

"There is only one place in my game, and that's first place." ...Vince Lombardi

M.M.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 10:33 AM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


A rivalry between the Dodgers and Giants? Really? Who'd a thunk? :)

These days, all the NL West teams seem to think they have a rivalry with the Dodgers. It's natural. Note the big brawls with Arizona and San Diego this year. The rivalry with the Giants is obviously bigger and more historic, but probably means more to fans than to players who aren't even from California. It's big in reality when the game has larger stakes. The teams play 19 times against each other this year. The race is over, and we know who's in and out. Still want to win, but these 3 Dodger-Giant "rivalry" games are the tiny ones of the lot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 11:39 AM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


hey the gnats are world champs last year!

Anytime we beat them is great and especially good after we do it in their place!
Love that Wilson is becoming our 8th inning guy and Jansen  as CL..2 great RPers.
Withrow,paco  and belli can be 7th guys..

Glad we are seeing Zito (vs Bumgarner)as SP tonight against Nolasco. Zito last appearance, time to send him off properly with a 9-2 rout tonight. HRam, Puig and Kemp (BA of .419) should do well against Zito. Even Agon is batting .303 against Zito.
Nolasco needs a decent  showing to be on playoff team..gotta go 6ip and less than 3 runs.

BTW..Uribe fielding % is .982 highest eveeek, he can set franchise record. Beltre has record at .978..who dah thunk?
Reply | Quote
  • haji81872
  • Los Angeles Dodger
  • 1273 posts this site

Posted: 09/25/2013 11:45 AM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


I think he is a damn good third baseman.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 12:46 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



colobrowns wrote: hey the gnats are world champs last year!

Anytime we beat them is great and especially good after we do it in their place!
Love that Wilson is becoming our 8th inning guy and Jansen  as CL..2 great RPers.
Withrow,paco  and belli can be 7th guys..

Glad we are seeing Zito (vs Bumgarner)as SP tonight against Nolasco. Zito last appearance, time to send him off properly with a 9-2 rout tonight. HRam, Puig and Kemp (BA of .419) should do well against Zito. Even Agon is batting .303 against Zito.
Nolasco needs a decent  showing to be on playoff team..gotta go 6ip and less than 3 runs.

BTW..Uribe fielding % is .982 highest eveeek, he can set franchise record. Beltre has record at .978..who dah thunk?
You've got that right. It would take at least another 100 years for any other NL west team to rival the Dodgers - Giants matchup. These two teams left NY together just to keep that rivalry going. Sorry but, "Hey, how about that Diamond Back - Dodgers rivalry, or Padre - Dodgers rivalry, or Rockies - Dodgers rivalry?" just doesn't cut it. It's like trying to say Toronto - Yankees is just as big as Red Sox - Yankees; laughable. Dodgers - Giants has been called the biggest rivalry in professional sports history; and don't worry, the players know it.

Go Bums! Some of  us want you to sweep these gints right into last place where they belong. This could be our year; as I said weeks ago, we could be the team of destiny. Let's go; be the Big Blue Wrecking Crew the rest of the way and we can once again ask, "Who's A Bum?"

M.M.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 12:47 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Not sure how many chances would qualify for the record. Don't forget, Beltre was an everyday player and Uribe has been part time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 2:47 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



colobrowns wrote: 
Glad we are seeing Zito (vs Bumgarner)as SP tonight against Nolasco. Zito last appearance, time to send him off properly with a 9-2 rout tonight. 
For the Dodgers, Bumgarner would probably be a better tune-up for playoff pitching, but the Giants shut him down. Scutaro has ended his season to have surgery on an injured finger he's been playing with since June. That's how vital this "rivalry" series is for the Giants. Zito's been awful almost all year, but he'll want to go out on a high note. At least he's not going to phone this one in.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 3:32 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



MDMore wrote:
You've got that right. It would take at least another 100 years for any other NL west team to rival the Dodgers - Giants matchup. These two teams left NY together just to keep that rivalry going. Sorry but, "Hey, how about that Diamond Back - Dodgers rivalry, or Padre - Dodgers rivalry, or Rockies - Dodgers rivalry?" just doesn't cut it. It's like trying to say Toronto - Yankees is just as big as Red Sox - Yankees; laughable. Dodgers - Giants has been called the biggest rivalry in professional sports history; and don't worry, the players know it.
I grew up with the Dodger-Giant rivalry. They were about the only games televised in L.A., and I lived and died every game. My brother was a Giants fan, and it was always a competition. I hated Marichal, and the Roseboro incident was an iconic moment I didn't just read about years later. I was a kid. It's been awhile since I could get that emotional about someone else's game. At some point, one becomes an adult. At some point, we can better distinguish the relative importance of things. I hear even Marichal and Roseboro became friends.

The rivalry still exists, but it doesn't have quite that intensity. Oh sure, S.F. wants to "Beat L.A.!" Many of those fans weren't even in diapers when the rivalry was truly hot. I can see it with the managers and players today. Of course, they know about the rivalry. For most, it's not in their blood like the old days.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 7:33 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Jeez, mattingly could have had a better lineup... No uribe but hairston?
Maybe young will do something?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 09/25/2013 7:53 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


Nolasco really doesn't want to pitch in the post season. What happened to this guy? He was solid for several starts and now is pitching batting practice.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 7:58 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 



caseyatbt wrote: Nolasco really doesn't want to pitch in the post season. What happened to this guy? He was solid for several starts and now is pitching batting practice.

I was hoping that he would get back in the groove; but apparently his head is still firmly implanted in his butt, giving up a three run triple to a .240s hitter. But lest we forget, this is those really difficult to beat (except for the rest of the league) Giants.

We usually do manage to win when Nolasco pitches, so it is not over yet. We may need to get him another seven runs, though.  Go Bums!

M.M.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 09/25/2013 8:02 PM

Re: Dodgers at Gnats.... 


In case he continues to pitch a perfect game, what great sabermetrics am I missing in Zito's  4-11, 5.91 ERA that I should be able to predict one? biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >