Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013

Posted: 06/11/2013 1:35 AM

Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Well, I see that Mattingly still has faith in League as closer, much more that I do with Donnie as manager. Both need to go, as both have strongly contributed to this season slowly going by the wayside. I don't understand what management is doing. Nero is fiddling while Rome is burning. Ugh!

M.M.
Reply | Quote
  • PWReese
  • Dodger Guru
  • 3310 posts this site

Posted: 06/11/2013 8:40 AM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


League lost his closer job last year for Seattle when he was completely ineffective, just like he is now.  No surprise there.  With guys like Soriano available in the offseason Colletti, as per usual, wanted to lock up the one guy who had a strong 6 weeks when the rest of the industry knew this guy wasn't worth a crap.  So bidding against no one else, he wraps up one of the worst closers in the big leagues for a whopping 3 year, $22.5 million deal. Oh well, Colletti is not going anywhere so we just have to live with it.

Kevin Gregg should be a Dodger.  He could help this bullpen immensely.  Total and complete failure on the part of the front office.

The Dodgers need to throw a boatload of money at the Cuban starting pitcher Gonzalez when he auditions on June 20.  If we can sign him on the June 21st he can get three "get in game shape" starts and be in the major league rotation by mid July.  This guy is 26 years old and major league ready and better that anyone else the Dodgers can currently come up with to fill the 4/5 starter role.

Joc Pederson needs to be on this team to play centerfield and lead off. 

I hate that the Dodgers are paying Crawford, Kemp and Ethier as much money as they are and for as many years as they are.  I know Kemp was a superstar when they signed him and that he got injured running into a wall.  I understand that he will probably never be the same.  But to have to deal with Crawford and Ethier and their contracts is bad, bad management.  The Dodgers would have to eat at least half of the remaining committment to either guy in order to trade them.

James Loney is still out hitting, out slugging and out defending Adrian Gonzalez.  It just shows you how one organization can take raw materials and meld them into useful pieces while another seems to have no clue how to do that.  Loney always had some talent.  Great organizaton:  Tampa Bay Rays  Organization with money and a bunch of idiots running it:  Los Angeles Dodgers.

Puigmania will save the Dodgers attendance and merchandise revenues but he will not solve the injury problems and bullpen problems. 

I hope the Dodgers are able to lock up Kershaw on a long term deal but it is looking less and less likely to me as the season progresses.

Watching this team play baseball is taking its toll on every fan who continues to suffer through it.  I think after last night we might need to take a break.  You can almost sense an Arizona sweep in the making.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 10:20 AM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 



PWReese wrote: League lost his closer job last year for Seattle when he was completely ineffective, just like he is now.  No surprise there.  With guys like Soriano available in the offseason Colletti, as per usual, wanted to lock up the one guy who had a strong 6 weeks when the rest of the industry knew this guy wasn't worth a crap.  So bidding against no one else, he wraps up one of the worst closers in the big leagues for a whopping 3 year, $22.5 million deal. Oh well, Colletti is not going anywhere so we just have to live with it.

Kevin Gregg should be a Dodger.  He could help this bullpen immensely.  Total and complete failure on the part of the front office.

The Dodgers need to throw a boatload of money at the Cuban starting pitcher Gonzalez when he auditions on June 20.  If we can sign him on the June 21st he can get three "get in game shape" starts and be in the major league rotation by mid July.  This guy is 26 years old and major league ready and better that anyone else the Dodgers can currently come up with to fill the 4/5 starter role.

Joc Pederson needs to be on this team to play centerfield and lead off. 

I hate that the Dodgers are paying Crawford, Kemp and Ethier as much money as they are and for as many years as they are.  I know Kemp was a superstar when they signed him and that he got injured running into a wall.  I understand that he will probably never be the same.  But to have to deal with Crawford and Ethier and their contracts is bad, bad management.  The Dodgers would have to eat at least half of the remaining committment to either guy in order to trade them.

James Loney is still out hitting, out slugging and out defending Adrian Gonzalez.  It just shows you how one organization can take raw materials and meld them into useful pieces while another seems to have no clue how to do that.  Loney always had some talent.  Great organizaton:  Tampa Bay Rays  Organization with money and a bunch of idiots running it:  Los Angeles Dodgers.

Puigmania will save the Dodgers attendance and merchandise revenues but he will not solve the injury problems and bullpen problems. 

I hope the Dodgers are able to lock up Kershaw on a long term deal but it is looking less and less likely to me as the season progresses.

Watching this team play baseball is taking its toll on every fan who continues to suffer through it.  I think after last night we might need to take a break.  You can almost sense an Arizona sweep in the making.
First you have trade Ethier!.... until that happens you can't do other moves.There is no reason why we can't move Ethier and get SS and RP or SP in return. They are teams out there that will give us help..
Colletti has been unable to find right help because so conservative.
This whole SS issue his yr and playing Cruz is a joke..many teams BU SS would be better than what we can do.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 11:07 AM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 



I feel like the Dodgers are hoping that Andre Ethier picks up his production before trading him.... But I think he needs to go elsewhere, something going on there between Ethier and Mattingly, more so than we know.

This team needs to be shaken up, the character of this team is too immature. Every time we win a game, we go off on this celebration that's just childish. Winning should be expected, and they need to act like they have done it before. Celebrate like that when the Dodgers win the first World Series since 1988
---------------------------------------------
--- colobrowns wrote:


PWReese wrote: League lost his closer job last year for Seattle when he was completely ineffective, just like he is now.  No surprise there.  With guys like Soriano available in the offseason Colletti, as per usual, wanted to lock up the one guy who had a strong 6 weeks when the rest of the industry knew this guy wasn't worth a crap.  So bidding against no one else, he wraps up one of the worst closers in the big leagues for a whopping 3 year, $22.5 million deal. Oh well, Colletti is not going anywhere so we just have to live with it.

Kevin Gregg should be a Dodger.  He could help this bullpen immensely.  Total and complete failure on the part of the front office.

The Dodgers need to throw a boatload of money at the Cuban starting pitcher Gonzalez when he auditions on June 20.  If we can sign him on the June 21st he can get three "get in game shape" starts and be in the major league rotation by mid July.  This guy is 26 years old and major league ready and better that anyone else the Dodgers can currently come up with to fill the 4/5 starter role.

Joc Pederson needs to be on this team to play centerfield and lead off. 

I hate that the Dodgers are paying Crawford, Kemp and Ethier as much money as they are and for as many years as they are.  I know Kemp was a superstar when they signed him and that he got injured running into a wall.  I understand that he will probably never be the same.  But to have to deal with Crawford and Ethier and their contracts is bad, bad management.  The Dodgers would have to eat at least half of the remaining committment to either guy in order to trade them.

James Loney is still out hitting, out slugging and out defending Adrian Gonzalez.  It just shows you how one organization can take raw materials and meld them into useful pieces while another seems to have no clue how to do that.  Loney always had some talent.  Great organizaton:  Tampa Bay Rays  Organization with money and a bunch of idiots running it:  Los Angeles Dodgers.

Puigmania will save the Dodgers attendance and merchandise revenues but he will not solve the injury problems and bullpen problems. 

I hope the Dodgers are able to lock up Kershaw on a long term deal but it is looking less and less likely to me as the season progresses.

Watching this team play baseball is taking its toll on every fan who continues to suffer through it.  I think after last night we might need to take a break.  You can almost sense an Arizona sweep in the making.
First you have trade Ethier!.... until that happens you can't do other moves.There is no reason why we can't move Ethier and get SS and RP or SP in return. They are teams out there that will give us help..
Colletti has been unable to find right help because so conservative.
This whole SS issue his yr and playing Cruz is a joke..many teams BU SS would be better than what we can do.

---------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 12:16 PM

RE: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


PW, please try not to crush our hopes and dreams with the
Colletti is not going anywhere. We need to hold out that his contract CAN be eaten like so many of the players contracts he signed could and should be. On all other points spot on!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 1:26 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Speedy forget Mattingly, something is going on between the Left and Right side of Ethier's brain.... You can't even say he is not on the right page, he hasn't opened the book. Kemp needs a few months of working out and getting ready, he has to come back healthy. Crawford honestly I think we have gotten more from than was expected. The way this season has gone, I am not sure which is better.... getting relief pitching or having an ambulance in the bullpen.

---------------------------------------------
--- Speedy8 wrote:


I feel like the Dodgers are hoping that Andre Ethier picks up his production before trading him.... But I think he needs to go elsewhere, something going on there between Ethier and Mattingly, more so than we know.

This team needs to be shaken up, the character of this team is too immature. Every time we win a game, we go off on this celebration that's just childish. Winning should be expected, and they need to act like they have done it before. Celebrate like that when the Dodgers win the first World Series since 1988
---------------------------------------------
--- colobrowns wrote:


PWReese wrote: League lost his closer job last year for Seattle when he was completely ineffective, just like he is now.  No surprise there.  With guys like Soriano available in the offseason Colletti, as per usual, wanted to lock up the one guy who had a strong 6 weeks when the rest of the industry knew this guy wasn't worth a crap.  So bidding against no one else, he wraps up one of the worst closers in the big leagues for a whopping 3 year, $22.5 million deal. Oh well, Colletti is not going anywhere so we just have to live with it.

Kevin Gregg should be a Dodger.  He could help this bullpen immensely.  Total and complete failure on the part of the front office.

The Dodgers need to throw a boatload of money at the Cuban starting pitcher Gonzalez when he auditions on June 20.  If we can sign him on the June 21st he can get three "get in game shape" starts and be in the major league rotation by mid July.  This guy is 26 years old and major league ready and better that anyone else the Dodgers can currently come up with to fill the 4/5 starter role.

Joc Pederson needs to be on this team to play centerfield and lead off. 

I hate that the Dodgers are paying Crawford, Kemp and Ethier as much money as they are and for as many years as they are.  I know Kemp was a superstar when they signed him and that he got injured running into a wall.  I understand that he will probably never be the same.  But to have to deal with Crawford and Ethier and their contracts is bad, bad management.  The Dodgers would have to eat at least half of the remaining committment to either guy in order to trade them.

James Loney is still out hitting, out slugging and out defending Adrian Gonzalez.  It just shows you how one organization can take raw materials and meld them into useful pieces while another seems to have no clue how to do that.  Loney always had some talent.  Great organizaton:  Tampa Bay Rays  Organization with money and a bunch of idiots running it:  Los Angeles Dodgers.

Puigmania will save the Dodgers attendance and merchandise revenues but he will not solve the injury problems and bullpen problems. 

I hope the Dodgers are able to lock up Kershaw on a long term deal but it is looking less and less likely to me as the season progresses.

Watching this team play baseball is taking its toll on every fan who continues to suffer through it.  I think after last night we might need to take a break.  You can almost sense an Arizona sweep in the making.
First you have trade Ethier!.... until that happens you can't do other moves.There is no reason why we can't move Ethier and get SS and RP or SP in return. They are teams out there that will give us help..
Colletti has been unable to find right help because so conservative.
This whole SS issue his yr and playing Cruz is a joke..many teams BU SS would be better than what we can do.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 2:40 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Really, THE WALL in Arizona (D-Backs park) is what gave Kemp his physical problem.

I wonder if they padded that area yet?  How about if it were one of their players injured and not playing now !!!

But it seems the Dodger have been bring many of these DL players back way too soon.  Then they just get hurt and go down again.  Hanley is a prime example.  Nothing this year to help this team.

Motto for the season: if anything can go wrong, it will.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 4:27 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 



TexasDodger wrote: Really, THE WALL in Arizona (D-Backs park) is what gave Kemp his physical problem.

I wonder if they padded that area yet?  How about if it were one of their players injured and not playing now !!!

But it seems the Dodger have been bring many of these DL players back way too soon.  Then they just get hurt and go down again.  Hanley is a prime example.  Nothing this year to help this team.

Motto for the season: if anything can go wrong, it will.
sometimes you have those years..? 
But if player is injured...let me stay out til ready...esp Hammies...

2013 Key seems to be..  adapt, time to try out new guys , have them learn MLb in order for them to be better players for next yr.Hope for best and do as good as we can?
Some rookies might not do well at first (even Kemp had to be sent down after hot start) but if they can adapt the next time is telling whether they are MLb players or not.

Last edited 06/11/2013 4:27 PM by colobrowns

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 7:18 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Andrea "Either" plays almost every day.  He does not have an injury that I know of.  Yet he has the courage to take the salary that he is being paid, and does not perform. 

Is he expecting and hoping to be traded where he will be treated better?  Is he being abused by his manager?  I have had just about as much as I can stand of millionaire baseball players and their asinine injuries as Kemp, Ramirez and Crawford.  What is "Eithers" excuse?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 7:53 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


1955 -- just maybe Andre has peaked, and the major leagues have caught up with him.

I remember when he came up.  It was hit after hit, game after game.

He and Loney were hitting great -- and folks then said, one of them just might be a batting champion.  

Loney falters, and gets traded . . . Ethier is about to get traded.  Either him or Crawford, but C cannot get on the field and was really never healed when he came back this season.

Also, Puig looked lame when he pulled up at first base tonight in the 2nd inning.

Personally, I think he was over running all last week (his first week in the majors) even on ground ball outs.  Or, hitting a single, and rounding first in full gear, going way out, and zipping back -- all of that is hard on the legs.  But he was probably just trying to show that he can move and accepts the challenge to move at a seconds notice . . .  it will cost him in the legs.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 8:33 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Puig definitely pulled or strained his hamstring on that play, great.

 

 

 

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 8:52 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 



Speedy8 wrote: Puig definitely pulled or strained his hamstring on that play, great.
I agree if Puig has hammy....I have never seen such bad luck. incredible.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 8:58 PM

RE: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


baseball is a crazy game.. Ross gets plunked Kubel follows with a 2-run HR

Puig gets hit and now Ethier (of all people) follows with a 2-run HR
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 9:03 PM

RE: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Ross did not get plunked!! That phuckin ump is horrible...same idiot from yesterday's game calling 1st.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 9:03 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 



colobrowns wrote:
Speedy8 wrote: Puig definitely pulled or strained his hamstring on that play, great.
I agree if Puig has hammy....I have never seen such bad luck. incredible.
There is no such thing as luck, as far as I am concerned. I like to think as Branch Rickey said that, "Luck is the residue of design." If the whole team is pulling hamstrings, I would have to look at the training program, especially the pregame warmup routine being provided by the training and medical staff. Those people seem to be doing a poor job, with this many injuries. Falsone, et al need to go, imho.

M.M.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 9:08 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


So, we take until the 6th inning to tie the game, and then Greinke goes right out and hits the leadoff batter, a .206 hitter, to start the seventh inning. We will have to see how this pans out, but this guy seems to be a bit of a head case regardless, imo. Your team is getting you back into it. Go out and throw strikes!!!

M.M.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 9:24 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Or it's just bad luck.

---------------------------------------------
--- MDMore wrote:


colobrowns wrote:
Speedy8 wrote: Puig definitely pulled or strained his hamstring on that play, great.
I agree if Puig has hammy....I have never seen such bad luck. incredible.
There is no such thing as luck, as far as I am concerned. I like to think as Branch Rickey said that, "Luck is the residue of design." If the whole team is pulling hamstrings, I would have to look at the training program, especially the pregame warmup routine being provided by the training and medical staff. Those people seem to be doing a poor job, with this many injuries. Falsone, et al need to go, imho.

M.M.

---------------------------------------------
 photo image-4.jpg
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 9:33 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Who would've thunk it. Mark McGwire gives two former "hard nose" ballplayers an ear full and their reaction says a lot about what just took place. That was a punk move by Kennedy and I believe Gibson and Williams knew it; hence, reiterating to McGwire that he did not do....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 06/11/2013 10:11 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


Plate discipline always pays off.

Jansen pitching in the 9th. Interesting, I sure hope he is given the CL role.

Go Bums!

Last edited 06/11/2013 10:22 PM by Dodgfan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 06/11/2013 10:13 PM

Re: Diamondbacks @ Dodgers 6/10-6/12/2013 


you mean Donnie didn't want to just let League work through his issues??

show some perseverance  wink
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >