Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Which one of us is crazy?

Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 2:38 PM

Which one of us is crazy? 


My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 2:46 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 



happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 2:50 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 




---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.

---------------------------------------------
This is not an answer. That is describing a strategy that is naturally inherent in male DNA.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 2:56 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 



happiocupcakeo wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.

---------------------------------------------
This is not an answer. That is describing a strategy that is naturally inherent in male DNA.
Well, you obviously didn't do it, so you're crazy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 4:01 PM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


My wife knows to wait....
_________________________________________________________

She's baaaaack!!!!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 4:48 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 




---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.

---------------------------------------------
This is not an answer. That is describing a strategy that is naturally inherent in male DNA.
Well, you obviously didn't do it, so you're crazy.

---------------------------------------------

I did do it. She caught on to what was happening. If someone had died or something g I would have stopped to listen of course. But is an angry teller really that important that it can't wait 5 minutes?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 5:14 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 



happiocupcakeo wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:


happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.

---------------------------------------------
This is not an answer. That is describing a strategy that is naturally inherent in male DNA.
Well, you obviously didn't do it, so you're crazy.

---------------------------------------------

I did do it. She caught on to what was happening. If someone had died or something g I would have stopped to listen of course. But is an angry teller really that important that it can't wait 5 minutes?
Wow.  Now, all I am getting is that your wife is some sort of genius.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 5:19 PM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


My wife says I dont pay attention to her or something like that
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/5/2013 11:45 PM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


Her. Anybody knows you don't f*ck with somebody while they're playing an unpausable game.
I'm in a tree.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 2:26 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 



ChiTownRoyalsFan wrote:
happiocupcakeo wrote: My wife and I are having a dispute. She came home from store and I was in the middle of a game. She wanted to tell me a story about her trip to Walmart. I was in the middle of an unpauseable game. She tries to talk to me and gets mad because I'm "not even listening". One of us has to be crazy. I think it is her and she thinks it is me. If I am in the middle of something am I obligated to stop it in order to hear about the checker at Walmart and how she was rude?

Who is the crazy one?
Early into her story you should have repeated a detail, asking if that really happened, you know like a "seriously?"

Shows you were engaged early on, and then she can yammer away oblivious to the fact that you are no longer paying attention.
says the single guy...


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/6/2013 5:17 PM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


You are both crazy.

1) Video games are dumb and shouldn't prevent your spouse from talking to you.

2) A story about wal-mart shouldn't interrupt anything

Boom goes the dynamite.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 2:05 AM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


The fact that she went to Wal-Mart earns her some crazy points, but you also earn crazy points for being shocked that she found her story more important than video games....so at this point with the info known to us its not possible to tell who is crazy but you are both on your way to having enough points.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 9:16 AM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


Ignoring a woman's feelings is a Kevorkianesque cry for help.  Being a clueless dude is better than being "distracted" by a video game.  To her, it makes the video game more important than her feelings.

Right or wrong, you are a dead man.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 11:50 AM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


Mine will stand in front of the TV to try and talk to me in the middle of a game. Then I'll put my hands out like, "what the..." and she thinks I'm agreeing with her about her story.

Really no way around the situation.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/7/2013 9:54 PM

RE: Which one of us is crazy? 


Sorry happio, but fighting battles you have no chance of winning = crazy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/8/2013 2:17 AM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 


So was it a video game or a ball game on TV?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/8/2013 9:25 AM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 


It was a video game.  Its called League of Legends.  It is a MOBA.  5 on 5.  So if I stop playing to listen to her story about an angry cashier then I screw my 4 teammates and ruin the credibility of the win for the other 5 players.  It has no pause button. 

Like I said, if she was telling me something important then I would turn it off and screw the other people but since it was a story about wal mart I figured she should be able to hold her wad for 5 minutes so I could finish.  And I literally mean 5 minutes.  The game was almost over. 

She does it on a regular basis.  When I have the chance to play and begin a game is the exact same moment that she thinks I want to hear about the article she just read on facebook or the funny meme she just saw. 

I'm not a monster.  I'm happy to hear the story and the article and the meme, I just would rather her not get all bent out of shape for "not listening to her" when she tries to engage me in conversation when I am already in the middle of something.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/8/2013 9:45 AM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 


If I were her I'd just hit the power button on whatever it is you're playing, that's what I do to my kids all the time.  At first I thought you were talking about being in the middle of a real game, as in a bowl or playoff game and felt some sympathy (we've all been there).  Now that I know you're talking about a video game... sorry happio, you are the crazy one.



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/8/2013 10:45 AM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 



happiocupcakeo wrote: It was a video game.  Its called League of Legends.  It is a MOBA.  5 on 5.  So if I stop playing to listen to her story about an angry cashier then I screw my 4 teammates and ruin the credibility of the win for the other 5 players.  It has no pause button. 

Like I said, if she was telling me something important then I would turn it off and screw the other people but since it was a story about wal mart I figured she should be able to hold her wad for 5 minutes so I could finish.  And I literally mean 5 minutes.  The game was almost over. 

She does it on a regular basis.  When I have the chance to play and begin a game is the exact same moment that she thinks I want to hear about the article she just read on facebook or the funny meme she just saw. 

I'm not a monster.  I'm happy to hear the story and the article and the meme, I just would rather her not get all bent out of shape for "not listening to her" when she tries to engage me in conversation when I am already in the middle of something.
That's correct, you're NOT a monster happio.

I would let it go, buy her flowers and apologize.

It's really this simple:  you can be right, or you can be happy.  Sometimes, you simply cannot be both.  This is one of those times.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 1/8/2013 12:54 PM

Re: Which one of us is crazy? 


I have already made my peace with the lady. Made within a couple hours after it happened. I just know that when it comes to my actions I am extremely biased and I just wanted to put feelers out there to see if,as I suspect, my wife is nuts or if I am blinded by bias and I am the crazy one.


Chup, why is it ok for her to wait to tell a pointless story if a football game is on but not ok if a video game is on?
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >