Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >

Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine

Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:31 PM

Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


RF Aoki
2B Infante
C Perez
1B Butler
LF Gordon
DH Willingham
3B Moustakas
CF Cain
SS Escobar

P Guthrie

 

Facing  Lester and the A's.  Keep the streak alive!



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:36 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


I thought Colon may get to play at 3rd today but whatever. Lets go!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:40 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


After seeing him for the 3rd time in about 3 weeks, maybe the Royals get to Lester.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:47 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Would sure like to see Colon get a start here or there in place of Infante or Moose. He's just wasting away on the bench. What's the point of bringing him up to spell Moose, Escobar or Infante if you're not going to use him to spell Moose, Escobar or Infante?

Actually, looking at the splits, tonight would've been a good night to get Infante a rest...he's 2-12 lifetime against Lester. Surprisingly, Willingham is only 2-17 lifetime. Who's our best hitter against Lester of the guys with more that 10 career ABs....Ibanez with a slash of .333/.333/.667/1.000 in 15ABs. Kind of surprising.

Last edited 8/12/2014 2:47 PM by acsrazorback

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:57 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


I am sure Colon is likely going down to make room for Willingham
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 2:58 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


This will be the best win of the 9 if we can get it. Lester vs. Guthrie certainly does not favor us. We need the offense to tack on some runs and we need Guthrie to be in top form. Winnable game and man it would feel good to at least get the split wrapped up.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:17 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


I wish Ned would move infainte down in the order. he was hitting better when he was hitting 5th-7th.

I know stat people say it shouldnt matter and maybe it shouldnt, but some guys do better at certain parts of the order

Last edited 8/12/2014 3:20 PM by ryansublett

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:25 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Ahhh Lester, we've got you now.

Would love JGuts to pitch like he did the last 6 innings in Arizona.

Last edited 8/12/2014 3:26 PM by Bretterhagen

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:28 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


DH Willingham bananallama.gif


What's an infainte?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:28 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.

Oakland has the clear advantage at SP and I'm not sure if Yost will use Davis/Holland if the opportunity were to come up, given that they've both been used the last two nights. I know there's a precedence with using both for 3 days in a row, but that's also the last time Holland blew a save.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:30 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



Burky7 wrote: Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.

Oakland has the clear advantage at SP and I'm not sure if Yost will use Davis/Holland if the opportunity were to come up, given that they've both been used the last two nights. I know there's a precedence with using both for 3 days in a row, but that's also the last time Holland blew a save.

If you have the chance to seal a game you use them tonight.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:31 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



Burky7 wrote: Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.
-153 = 60% chance of winning, so I guess we need that 40% miracle to come thru.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:33 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



mpf8888 wrote:
Burky7 wrote: Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.
-153 = 60% chance of winning, so I guess we need that 40% miracle to come thru.
Math is such a dick.




It ain't the one thing...



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:33 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



DMFan wrote: I thought Colon may get to play at 3rd today but whatever. Lets go!!
me too, but I just looked.  Mouse vs Lester:

3/10 3 rbi
.417 obp
.717 ops

small sample size, but not the 0-15 with 10 k's I was expecting.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:35 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



mpf8888 wrote: DH Willingham


What's an infainte?
2/17 vs Lester all time mad

can anyone the Royals have hit this guy?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:41 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


I like that order. Ned- good job.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:50 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Jeremy Guthrie vs Sonny Gray a couple days ago says hello....


---------------------------------------------
--- Burky7 wrote:

Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.

Oakland has the clear advantage at SP and I'm not sure if Yost will use Davis/Holland if the opportunity were to come up, given that they've both been used the last two nights. I know there's a precedence with using both for 3 days in a row, but that's also the last time Holland blew a save.

---------------------------------------------

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 3:56 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Oh, I remember and was grateful for the performance, but that was more of an exception than the rule.

Vegas has a lot of nice hotels from guys with "feelings" like I have thinking they had a sure thing though..
kerg01 wrote: Jeremy Guthrie vs Sonny Gray a couple days ago says hello....


---------------------------------------------
--- Burky7 wrote:

Hate to be "THAT GUY", but I just can't see how we win tonight?? Vegas has the moneyline at Oakland as -153.

Oakland has the clear advantage at SP and I'm not sure if Yost will use Davis/Holland if the opportunity were to come up, given that they've both been used the last two nights. I know there's a precedence with using both for 3 days in a row, but that's also the last time Holland blew a save.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/12/2014 4:04 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 


Have we ever scored a run on Lester?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/12/2014 4:06 PM

Re: Gameday 8/12 vs A's: Nine would be fine 



RoyalAss69 wrote: Have we ever scored a run on Lester?
We scored 3 last week
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 9  Next >