Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >

Dayton Moore Press Conference

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:29 PM

Dayton Moore Press Conference 


Dayton sounded like a completely defeated man.  Basically he is saying that with the way our offense is performing one bat was not going to make a difference.  He said our guys need to step up.  

If he feels like our offense isn't good enough to make the playoffs why isn't he selling off guys to bring in guys that could help us next year and beyond?  

I'm more confident than ever that there is no plan.  His plan has failed and he doesn't know what to do.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:34 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


He knows he is not cut out to be a GM at this level. What a complete turd Dayton is, I absolutely HATE him as a man.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:35 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


I didn't hear it...but if that's the case, and one bat isn't going to help, then not doing anything isn't going to help either....so why not look to 2015 and flip Shields to a contender? If you're not doing anything to get better because it won't help....then you need to do something to get better next year and beyond.

But instead...let's just see what happens, then lose an asset like Shields and get nothing for him. Great.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:40 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


Dayton usually sounds pretty confident when he talks to the media.  He was mumbling and stumbling through that presser.  As others have eluded to I don't think Glass would allow us to be sellers and risk losing out on ticket, concessions, and other sales for the rest of the season.  I also think he didn't allow Dayton to have any additional payroll.  

Dayton's vision has not panned out, he has failed, and seeing what other teams have done to improve ahead of him he knows he is screwed.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:40 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


I didn't hear the press conference either, but that is a disturbing statement.  Obviously, we need our offense to play up to its potential to have even a chance at the playoffs.  But, I don't buy the argument that one bat doesn't make a difference.  The Royals are only 3.5 games out of the WC.  A good bat (or starting pitcher) certainly could be the difference, especially if the team plays well with the weak schedule in August/September.  If the Royals get hot and come up 1 or 2 games short of the playoffs, I have a feeling that DM will regret not making any moves. 

Nonetheless, I don't see what the Royals' plan is at all anymore.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:47 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


Hes not wrong in that for us to ultimately get to the playoffs the guys that we have need to do what the stat sheets say they are capable of. If they dont then a Rios, Byrd, etc isnt going to help. With that said though. you cant sit and do nothing. If were not going to buy or are not going to be given the money to buy then we need to sell. Im sure there were probably buisness reasons we didnt sell, but doing nothing is almost always wrong and is here...

At the end of the day. If everyone in our lineup was just doing their career averages were 3-5 games better than we are today easily. so hes not really wrong when he says the guys need to step up
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:55 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


More specifically, "the guys" are Aoki, Hosmer, Butler, and Moustakas.

They are the problems.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:59 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


Clinkscale was in Zero F**ks Given mode today...wow.  Some pretty pointed questions at DMGM.  Basically calling him out on their stance that there really weren't any bats available, when there was - Cespedas.  I didn't see his face, but I feel like there was some seething stares in the room.

Not sure if Shields+ would have got it done, but it sounded like the Royals never even considered it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:59 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


"Basically he is saying that with the way our offense is performing one bat was not going to make a difference."


maybe not. but one GM could...a new one.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 4:59 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



dls357 wrote: More specifically, "the guys" are Aoki, Hosmer, Butler, and Moustakas.

They are the problems.
Moose has actually been solid since his recall .800 OPS the last month. .770 for July entering tonight...

Moose has come closer to carrying the team than being a problem as of late
Reply | Quote
  • blackgabe
  • Kansas City Royal
  • 1804 posts this site

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:03 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



MizzouGrad05 wrote: 

If he feels like our offense isn't good enough to make the playoffs why isn't he selling off guys to bring in guys that could help us next year and beyond?  


EXACTLY.

Dayton is thinks is so MARRIED to his failed "core" that he can't see the forest for the trees.   He is failure.  The team is a failure.   BLOW IT UP.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:04 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


anyone post the link to the archive of the press conference when it is over?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:10 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



M80Mayhem wrote: Clinkscale was in Zero F**ks Given mode today...wow.  Some pretty pointed questions at DMGM.  Basically calling him out on their stance that there really weren't any bats available, when there was - Cespedas.  I didn't see his face, but I feel like there was some seething stares in the room.

Not sure if Shields+ would have got it done, but it sounded like the Royals never even considered it.
Why is everyone cought up on Cesepedes? The A;s traded him for Lester! How exactly were the Royals supposed to get him?? Shields? well at that point why bother? Im all forasking tough questions, but use common sense.

There really were no bats available. What bats got moved?

Rios? no
Byrd-No
Denorfia- yeah but he sucks

who beside cespedes got moved that the Royals should of went after? If the Royals had been willing to take on money they might of been able to get a deal done, ut thats the only way
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:14 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



ryansublett wrote: 

At the end of the day. If everyone in our lineup was just doing their career averages were 3-5 games better than we are today easily. so hes not really wrong when he says the guys need to step up
keeping in mind that this team has the 2nd worst offense in the AL, and is scoring the 5th least runs per game. Far more runs being scored than you'd expect considering how badly this team is hitting.

Also, if you have 2/3rds of them hitting the way they're hitting, and the last 1/3rd is them hitting to their averages, it doesn't change much.

This is the equivalent of noting that your grades in school would be better if you performed to your average in the first 4 months, and that just going to your average in the last 2 months will make up for that so-called underperformance.
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:15 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



ryansublett wrote:
M80Mayhem wrote: Clinkscale was in Zero F**ks Given mode today...wow.  Some pretty pointed questions at DMGM.  Basically calling him out on their stance that there really weren't any bats available, when there was - Cespedas.  I didn't see his face, but I feel like there was some seething stares in the room.

Not sure if Shields+ would have got it done, but it sounded like the Royals never even considered it.
Why is everyone cought up on Cesepedes? The A;s traded him for Lester! How exactly were the Royals supposed to get him?? Shields? well at that point why bother? Im all forasking tough questions, but use common sense.

There really were no bats available. What bats got moved?

Rios? no
Byrd-No
Denorfia- yeah but he sucks

who beside cespedes got moved that the Royals should of went after? If the Royals had been willing to take on money they might of been able to get a deal done, ut thats the only way
Yes, they would have had to take on money, but let's not let go of the bigger picture. They have their highest ever payroll. They have a higher payroll than most other small market teams. The general manager has not proven capable of building a roster that has a realistic chance of making the playoffs. He should be fired posthaste.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:19 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



GregA wrote:
ryansublett wrote:
M80Mayhem wrote: Clinkscale was in Zero F**ks Given mode today...wow.  Some pretty pointed questions at DMGM.  Basically calling him out on their stance that there really weren't any bats available, when there was - Cespedas.  I didn't see his face, but I feel like there was some seething stares in the room.

Not sure if Shields+ would have got it done, but it sounded like the Royals never even considered it.
Why is everyone cought up on Cesepedes? The A;s traded him for Lester! How exactly were the Royals supposed to get him?? Shields? well at that point why bother? Im all forasking tough questions, but use common sense.

There really were no bats available. What bats got moved?

Rios? no
Byrd-No
Denorfia- yeah but he sucks

who beside cespedes got moved that the Royals should of went after? If the Royals had been willing to take on money they might of been able to get a deal done, ut thats the only way
Yes, they would have had to take on money, but let's not let go of the bigger picture. They have their highest ever payroll. They have a higher payroll than most other small market teams. The general manager has not proven capable of building a roster that has a realistic chance of making the playoffs. He should be fired posthaste.
you know what? **** it. I really hope Dayton Moore is fired this offseason, so a new guy can coome in and run in to the same problems. That way we can blame a 3rd guy. I reall hope that happens honestly. This is not a GM problem I promise you. I you force your GM to work in a zero margin error way it wont work, and thats what Glass does

Every team is going to have dead money

Last edited 7/31/2014 5:23 PM by ryansublett

Reply | Quote
  • WeaselTail
  • Omaha Storm Chaser
  • 560 posts this site

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:19 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


Is there a replay anywhere?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:23 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



ryansublett wrote:
GregA wrote:
ryansublett wrote:
M80Mayhem wrote: Clinkscale was in Zero F**ks Given mode today...wow.  Some pretty pointed questions at DMGM.  Basically calling him out on their stance that there really weren't any bats available, when there was - Cespedas.  I didn't see his face, but I feel like there was some seething stares in the room.

Not sure if Shields+ would have got it done, but it sounded like the Royals never even considered it.
Why is everyone cought up on Cesepedes? The A;s traded him for Lester! How exactly were the Royals supposed to get him?? Shields? well at that point why bother? Im all forasking tough questions, but use common sense.

There really were no bats available. What bats got moved?

Rios? no
Byrd-No
Denorfia- yeah but he sucks

who beside cespedes got moved that the Royals should of went after? If the Royals had been willing to take on money they might of been able to get a deal done, ut thats the only way
Yes, they would have had to take on money, but let's not let go of the bigger picture. They have their highest ever payroll. They have a higher payroll than most other small market teams. The general manager has not proven capable of building a roster that has a realistic chance of making the playoffs. He should be fired posthaste.
you know what? **** it. I really hope Dayton Moore is fired this offseason, so a new guy can coome in and run in to the same problems. That way we can blame a 3rd guy. I reall hope that happens honestly. This is not a GM problem I promise you
What more do you want of David Glass? He's already spending the money that you yourself said he needed to spend to prove he was serious. His GM just didn't spend it wisely. This is a GM problem. I promise you.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/31/2014 5:31 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 



MizzouGrad05 wrote: Dayton usually sounds pretty confident when he talks to the media.  He was mumbling and stumbling through that presser.  As others have eluded to I don't think Glass would allow us to be sellers and risk losing out on ticket, concessions, and other sales for the rest of the season.  I also think he didn't allow Dayton to have any additional payroll.  

Dayton's vision has not panned out, he has failed, and seeing what other teams have done to improve ahead of him he knows he is screwed.
LOL No way Glass is saying this. Glass has seen now, that increasing payroll, and being .500 and even in a possible mix for a playoff, doesn't even matter for attendance in this town. He is virtually seeing NO attendance increase in the last two years. I'm sure he knows that. This has nothing to do with Glass. This has everything to do with Dayton trying to keep his job. They should have sold Shields. But then that would make Dayton look bad, at least to him.

Last edited 7/31/2014 5:31 PM by BWillie007

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/31/2014 6:35 PM

Re: Dayton Moore Press Conference 


When Santana left it we drafted Chase Vallot with the pick we got as compensation.  When Shields leaves we will get a similar pick.  Who knows if a 30th or so pick will pan out, but for us to trade Shields we would have to get more than that comp pick would get.  Otherwise we lose two months of him and gain nothing.

We should know by August 15th if we have a prayer.  We play the Giants and A's a lot.  We could easily be 10 games out of the last playoff spot by then.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 6  Next >