Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

Gameday 7/13/14

Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:13 AM

Gameday 7/13/14 


RF - Aoki
2b - Infante
1B-Hosmer
DH - Butler
3B-Moose
LF - Ibanez
SS - Escobar
CF - Dyson

C - Hayes

P - Chen

Luckily this amazing lineup will take us into the All-Star break on a high note!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:17 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


I get giving Salvy the day off, but why give Butler and Cain the day off, when they're about to get a few off after today? Makes zero sense.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:28 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


butler is batting cleanup
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:29 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


My bad, somehow i completely overlooked him
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:52 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


Seems like the perfect game to have your best pitchers pitch 1-2 innings, strategizing it so your best pitchers face the 2-3-4 (possibly 5) hitters. I'd start with Wade Davis for 2 innings, then Chen for 1, Ventura for 2, Chen for 1, Herrera for 1, etc. with Holland pitching for 1-2 innings somewhere in there vs Kinsler-Cabrera-Martinez-Hunter

But no manager is going to be unconventional I suppose. noidea

"The one thing I’ve learned about Ned and Dayton both is they are as obsessed with winning as I am. All three of us have a real problem when we lose. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not just committed to winning, I’m obsessed with winning." -David Glass

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 10:54 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


Nice to see we're resting Salvy for the all-star game in a must win game for the Royals where he's batting .464 against Verlander.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:06 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


“I’m going to do everything I can,” Chen said on Saturday. “If they need me to go out and throw 100 pitches, that’s what I’m going to do.”

The idea that Chen might be rusty for his first start since his injury wasn’t well received by manager Ned Yost.

“You make it sound like he hasn’t pitched in nine years,” Yost said before Saturday’s game against division-leading Detroit. “He’ll be fine. He’s ready to go.”


Source: KC Star

Sounds like Chen is going to do everything he can in today's game. That's a good thing.

"The one thing I’ve learned about Ned and Dayton both is they are as obsessed with winning as I am. All three of us have a real problem when we lose. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not just committed to winning, I’m obsessed with winning." -David Glass

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:06 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



RubberBandCat wrote: Nice to see we're resting Salvy for the all-star game in a must win game for the Royals where he's batting .464 against Verlander.
I understand where you're coming from......but, the last game Hayes started was on June 25th......18 days ago.

Before June 25th?.........try May 31st.....

That's right.....this will only be the SECOND game Perez has failed to start, since May 31st........(six weeks).
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:11 AM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


how ned handles salvy is one of the strangest things I have seen.  he's caught how many days in a row?  NOW, we give him a day off?  right before he is going to catch 4 innings in 4 days?  same with cain.  is it so hard to stagger the days these guys have off?
ryancrist86 wrote: I get giving Salvy the day off, but why give Butler and Cain the day off, when they're about to get a few off after today? Makes zero sense.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 12:04 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



jerdrew22 wrote: how ned handles salvy is one of the strangest things I have seen.  he's caught how many days in a row?  NOW, we give him a day off?  right before he is going to catch 4 innings in 4 days?  same with cain.  is it so hard to stagger the days these guys have off?
ryancrist86 wrote: I get giving Salvy the day off, but why give Butler and Cain the day off, when they're about to get a few off after today? Makes zero sense.
That's 1 reason it doesn't matter who the backup catcher is.  Everyone is going to struggle to get a hit getting 3 at bats every 3 weeks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 12:30 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


I wouldn't have given Salvy the day off..makes no sense to give Hayes a start on the day before the all star break. I would have Dyson leading off..with Esky batting second, Infante 6th, Ibanez 7th, Aoki 8th then Hayes..Does Gordo go back to batting 5th when he returns after the break if Hosmer is in the 3d slot, Butler in the 4th slot and Infante back in the 2nd slot or does Ned put Gordon in the 3d slot, Perez in the cleanup and adjust around them?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 12:55 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


I'm normally one to complain about Ned giving guys a day off or not, but come on. It's stupid to sit your best players the day before the All-Star break. They've lost three in a row to the team they are chasing and Yost chooses this game to sit Cain and Perez?

So glad is starting Brett Hayes who I'm pretty sure is on the FBI's missing person list and the corpse of Raul Ibanez.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:08 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


I just want this game to be over already. I'm fed up with this team, can barely stand to watch anymore. Losing 16-4 wasn't even a issue with me. That's no different than losing by 1 run. But the fact that we let that game carry over into an absolutely effortless performance the past 2 nights is about all I can take. Hopefully going a handful of nights without any baseball will reignite my interest in this team.

Right now the most interesting thing about this team is going to be seeing how ownership/management/fans react to this team going back to suckville. Obviously we won't be "sellers" because that would be the equivalent to management admitting the last 8 years were complete failures. On the other hand, we can't really be big time buyers with a .500 record. This is such a classic Royals problem to be stuck in no-man's-land at the All-Star Break. Works perfectly for management to say "we are right in the playoff race and we like the players on our roster" without having to be accountable for anything.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:22 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



I think most Royals fans slept through last season. As frustrating as they are to watch right now, last year they were 6 games under .500 at the break and finished 10 games above. They will get hot again, and they will get cold again. It's the nature of baseball and fighting through 162 games.

Yeah, they certainly suck right now but not unlike last year at the break.



---------------------------------------------
--- JayhawkAI3 wrote:

I just want this game to be over already. I'm fed up with this team, can barely stand to watch anymore. Losing 16-4 wasn't even a issue with me. That's no different than losing by 1 run. But the fact that we let that game carry over into an absolutely effortless performance the past 2 nights is about all I can take. Hopefully going a handful of nights without any baseball will reignite my interest in this team.

Right now the most interesting thing about this team is going to be seeing how ownership/management/fans react to this team going back to suckville. Obviously we won't be "sellers" because that would be the equivalent to management admitting the last 8 years were complete failures. On the other hand, we can't really be big time buyers with a .500 record. This is such a classic Royals problem to be stuck in no-man's-land at the All-Star Break. Works perfectly for management to say "we are right in the playoff race and we like the players on our roster" without having to be accountable for anything.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:25 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


Beyond pissed about this game. Ned is a douche bag of epic proportions. He's an idiot to rule all idiots and no team could win with him running things.
#88 - Minnie and Moskowitz (Cassavetes, 1971)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:26 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


Sample size of 1 season. Scientific

---------------------------------------------
--- BigTen06 wrote:


I think most Royals fans slept through last season. As frustrating as they are to watch right now, last year they were 6 games under .500 at the break and finished 10 games above. They will get hot again, and they will get cold again. It's the nature of baseball and fighting through 162 games.

Yeah, they certainly suck right now but not unlike last year at the break.



---------------------------------------------
--- JayhawkAI3 wrote:

I just want this game to be over already. I'm fed up with this team, can barely stand to watch anymore. Losing 16-4 wasn't even a issue with me. That's no different than losing by 1 run. But the fact that we let that game carry over into an absolutely effortless performance the past 2 nights is about all I can take. Hopefully going a handful of nights without any baseball will reignite my interest in this team.

Right now the most interesting thing about this team is going to be seeing how ownership/management/fans react to this team going back to suckville. Obviously we won't be "sellers" because that would be the equivalent to management admitting the last 8 years were complete failures. On the other hand, we can't really be big time buyers with a .500 record. This is such a classic Royals problem to be stuck in no-man's-land at the All-Star Break. Works perfectly for management to say "we are right in the playoff race and we like the players on our roster" without having to be accountable for anything.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:27 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



DonaldEldridge wrote: Seems like the perfect game to have your best pitchers pitch 1-2 innings, strategizing it so your best pitchers face the 2-3-4 (possibly 5) hitters. I'd start with Wade Davis for 2 innings, then Chen for 1, Ventura for 2, Chen for 1, Herrera for 1, etc. with Holland pitching for 1-2 innings somewhere in there vs Kinsler-Cabrera-Martinez-Hunter

But no manager is going to be unconventional I suppose. noidea

I agree with this. With Chen already obviously going, give him 2 innings, then put him on the shortest of shortest leashes. If he gets into ANY trouble in the 3rd or beyond, bring in Davis to clean up the current inning. Then go with Ventura for 3. Then see where you are.
#88 - Minnie and Moskowitz (Cassavetes, 1971)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:30 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



Compared to jumping off the ledge after a few bad games. Even more scientific.

---------------------------------------------
--- EvilBadMadman wrote:

Sample size of 1 season. Scientific

---------------------------------------------
--- BigTen06 wrote:


I think most Royals fans slept through last season. As frustrating as they are to watch right now, last year they were 6 games under .500 at the break and finished 10 games above. They will get hot again, and they will get cold again. It's the nature of baseball and fighting through 162 games.

Yeah, they certainly suck right now but not unlike last year at the break.



---------------------------------------------
--- JayhawkAI3 wrote:

I just want this game to be over already. I'm fed up with this team, can barely stand to watch anymore. Losing 16-4 wasn't even a issue with me. That's no different than losing by 1 run. But the fact that we let that game carry over into an absolutely effortless performance the past 2 nights is about all I can take. Hopefully going a handful of nights without any baseball will reignite my interest in this team.

Right now the most interesting thing about this team is going to be seeing how ownership/management/fans react to this team going back to suckville. Obviously we won't be "sellers" because that would be the equivalent to management admitting the last 8 years were complete failures. On the other hand, we can't really be big time buyers with a .500 record. This is such a classic Royals problem to be stuck in no-man's-land at the All-Star Break. Works perfectly for management to say "we are right in the playoff race and we like the players on our roster" without having to be accountable for anything.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:31 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 


If anything the team has already gotten hot with the 10 game winning streak. You would expect some type of correction in that in the 2nd half with a similar losing steak to reflect the average talent on the roster
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/13/2014 1:32 PM

Re: Gameday 7/13/14 



Check their record since the winning streak ended. One of the worst records in the AL since then

---------------------------------------------
--- BigTen06 wrote:


Compared to jumping off the ledge after a few bad games. Even more scientific.

---------------------------------------------
--- EvilBadMadman wrote:

Sample size of 1 season. Scientific

---------------------------------------------
--- BigTen06 wrote:


I think most Royals fans slept through last season. As frustrating as they are to watch right now, last year they were 6 games under .500 at the break and finished 10 games above. They will get hot again, and they will get cold again. It's the nature of baseball and fighting through 162 games.

Yeah, they certainly suck right now but not unlike last year at the break.



---------------------------------------------
--- JayhawkAI3 wrote:

I just want this game to be over already. I'm fed up with this team, can barely stand to watch anymore. Losing 16-4 wasn't even a issue with me. That's no different than losing by 1 run. But the fact that we let that game carry over into an absolutely effortless performance the past 2 nights is about all I can take. Hopefully going a handful of nights without any baseball will reignite my interest in this team.

Right now the most interesting thing about this team is going to be seeing how ownership/management/fans react to this team going back to suckville. Obviously we won't be "sellers" because that would be the equivalent to management admitting the last 8 years were complete failures. On the other hand, we can't really be big time buyers with a .500 record. This is such a classic Royals problem to be stuck in no-man's-land at the All-Star Break. Works perfectly for management to say "we are right in the playoff race and we like the players on our roster" without having to be accountable for anything.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >