Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake

Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:33 AM

Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Cain RF
Hosmer 1B
Perez C
Ibanez LF
Valencia DH
Moose 3B
Escobar SS
Dyson CF
Colon 2B

Duffy P



Odd lineup.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:37 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Odd but Gordon could probably use a day off. I think he's played every game this year and he's in a pretty ugly slump.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:39 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


very odd, but at least Butler got benched to get his head straight and think about his approach at the plate.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:42 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


People complain about Butler being in the DH spot, and this is what you get when he's not in the lineup - a guy with a .600 OPS vs rhp over the past 3 years, .056 points lower than Butler's worst season.

Gordon needs the whole day off and can't just DH? Can't imagine taking just 4 or 5 PA would really be much stress on the body.

"The one thing I’ve learned about Ned and Dayton both is they are as obsessed with winning as I am. All three of us have a real problem when we lose. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not just committed to winning, I’m obsessed with winning." -David Glass

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:48 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


I think both guys could use a mental day. Glad to see Colon back in. Duffy is the man.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:52 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Sure would be rough mentality wise to take 4 or 5 PA while sitting on the bench for the rest of the day, making your $10 mil this year wink

Yeah, I'm the a**hole that would make such a comment.

But really, going up against Kluber and having a pathetic offense as it is, you're going to need all the help you can get. Sitting Gordon and then having Valencia over Butler just decreases offensive production that much more. Duffy better BRING it today.

"The one thing I’ve learned about Ned and Dayton both is they are as obsessed with winning as I am. All three of us have a real problem when we lose. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not just committed to winning, I’m obsessed with winning." -David Glass

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2014 11:04 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


None of the royals have hit kluber well at all, so not sure it matters who is in there. I want to see Raul get more abs just to see if there is anything left. If there is platooning him at dh would be an option
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 11:23 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Kluber is damn good, no doubt, but it's still not a good excuse to put an awful lineup out there just because "no one is likely to him him anyways."

It's funny... I remember that imbecile from the KC Star who took over Dutton's spot call Kluber an "average starting pitcher" after he dominated KC in his first start vs them. July comes around, and he's still 5th in the AL for ERA, 4th in SIERA, and 4th in K/9, while having the 2nd worst defense in the AL.

"The one thing I’ve learned about Ned and Dayton both is they are as obsessed with winning as I am. All three of us have a real problem when we lose. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not just committed to winning, I’m obsessed with winning." -David Glass

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2014 11:44 AM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 



DonaldEldridge wrote: Kluber is damn good, no doubt, but it's still not a good excuse to put an awful lineup out there just because "no one is likely to him him anyways."

It's funny... I remember that imbecile from the KC Star who took over Dutton's spot call Kluber an "average starting pitcher" after he dominated KC in his first start vs them. July comes around, and he's still 5th in the AL for ERA, 4th in SIERA, and 4th in K/9, while having the 2nd worst defense in the AL.
I agree on Gordon(although I think he could use a day off) but come on its not like Butler is hitting. Valencia is just as good a bet to have a good day as Butler is right now
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:27 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Watch Detroit win today while this white flag lineup loses to Kluber.

Good lord, the only way Ned could make this lineup worse is resting Perez too.
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:28 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Could be a great pitching duel. I don't get as frustrated with our offense when facing quality pitches
Iike Kluber is throwing. Filthy to Ibanez.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:29 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Well.. 1-0 might just do it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:30 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Going to be a one sided duel, Duffy just gave up a big bomb.
TheRealElGuapo wrote: Could be a great pitching duel. I don't get as frustrated with our offense when facing quality pitches
Iike Kluber is throwing. Filthy to Ibanez.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:33 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


It's just going to be one of those days...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:35 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Don't worry, the stellar 4-5 of Raul Ibanez and Danny Valencia (vs a RH pitcher) will do stuff later. They might even get a hit or two vs Kluber today
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:40 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 



EvilBadMadman wrote: Don't worry, the stellar 4-5 of Raul Ibanez and Danny Valencia (vs a RH pitcher) will do stuff later. They might even get a hit or two vs Kluber today
Please quit..  It's not as if Butler was going to do anything and Valencia hit it well his first at bat.. Bitching just to bitch is pretty boring.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:45 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 





---------------------------------------------
--- Burky7 wrote:


EvilBadMadman wrote: Don't worry, the stellar 4-5 of Raul Ibanez and Danny Valencia (vs a RH pitcher) will do stuff later. They might even get a hit or two vs Kluber today
Please quit..  It's not as if Butler was going to do anything and Valencia hit it well his first at bat.. Bitching just to bitch is pretty boring.

---------------------------------------------

Valencia made an easy out on the first pitch. The out sounding loud doesn't mean anything because if you put BUTLER in center field for that flyball, Butler catches it.

Danny Valencia sucks vs RH pitchers, to put it kindly. He always has and always will. If they're insisting on a non-Butler DH, try starting a guy who doesn't have glaring problems hitting right handed pitching. Start Voldemort Ibanez or Gordon or something. Danny Valencia won't do a damn thing today vs Kluber
"We know now that we can compete. We don't think it, we know it. We've proved it" - Ned Yost
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:58 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 



EvilBadMadman wrote:


-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Valencia made an easy out on the first pitch. The out sounding loud doesn't mean anything because if you put BUTLER in center field for that flyball, Butler catches it.

Danny Valencia sucks vs RH pitchers, to put it kindly. He always has and always will. If they're insisting on a non-Butler DH, try starting a guy who doesn't have glaring problems hitting right handed pitching. Start Voldemort Ibanez or Gordon or something. Danny Valencia won't do a damn thing today vs Kluber

  Maybe not and it's doubtful Butler would have either. Your argument would make a heck of a lot more sense if the player Valencia was replacing didn't have a 656 OPS against Righty's this year.. Maybe a day off will do Butler some good? Butler had 2 or 3 nice weeks in June, but he's back to sucking pretty badly. You have a 25 man roster and when a guy needs a day off, someone has to play...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 12:59 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 


Moose with another play
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2014 1:02 PM

Re: Game 87 - KC @ The mistake by the Lake 



TheRealElGuapo wrote: Moose with another play
Good turn by Colon as well.....

Hoping Colon can be a cheap solid backup infield option for the next few years.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >