Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 13  Next >

Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K

Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:29 PM

Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



Ned switching things up...

2B Infante
1B Hosmer
DH Butler
LF Gordon
C Perez
RF Cain
3B Moustakas
SS Escobar
CF Dyson

P Vargas



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:33 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


Can I be the first negative poster in this thread? OK, this will be a tough one with Wainright on the bump. But, he did get shelled his last outing and I have been praying to the baseball Gods all day that we might vanquish the Red Plague and further depress "the greatest fans in baseball".
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:40 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


May be the best line up we can put out there Aoki struggling.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:45 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



Bretterhagen wrote: Can I be the first negative poster in this thread? OK, this will be a tough one with Wainright on the bump. But, he did get shelled his last outing and I have been praying to the baseball Gods all day that we might vanquish the Red Plague and further depress "the greatest fans in baseball".
I appreciate you keeping it real.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:51 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



Bretterhagen wrote: Can I be the first negative poster in this thread? OK, this will be a tough one with Wainright on the bump. But, he did get shelled his last outing and I have been praying to the baseball Gods all day that we might vanquish the Red Plague and further depress "the greatest fans in baseball".
Well, they have had the 2nd best attendance so far this year, and they did last year as well. 6th in 2011 and 2012. 4th in 2006-2010.  3rd in 2005.

You get the point. They have a REALLY, really good fanbase to rank that highly when they're not even that big of a city relative to some of the other teams.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:53 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


I've heard rumblings that Cardinals fans like to eat poop.  Can anyone confirm?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:54 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


I heard they eat pieces of s**t like us for breakfast.

Keeping it real.

Last edited 6/4/2014 3:55 PM by jerdrew22

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 3:56 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



dandum54 wrote: I've heard rumblings that Cardinals fans like to eat poop.  Can anyone confirm?

Well, if St. Louis was a face, and they were facing the west coast, they would've practically had a sh*t team in their face for the past 25 years. So yeah, I guess that would be possible.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:06 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



dandum54 wrote: I've heard rumblings that Cardinals fans like to eat poop.  Can anyone confirm?
The Duke is a Cardinals fan. He like to talk chit. It's probably regurgitated from all that he ate. As the Mythbusters would say, "This myth is confirmed."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:13 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 





---------------------------------------------
--- DonaldEldridge wrote:


<blockquote dir="ltr" ><strong>Bretterhagen wrote:</strong> Can I be the first negative poster in this thread? OK, this will be a tough one with Wainright on the bump. But, he did get shelled his last outing and I have been praying to the baseball Gods all day that we might vanquish the Red Plague and further depress "the greatest fans in baseball".</blockquote>Well, they have had the 2nd best attendance so far this year, and they did last year as well. 6th in 2011 and 2012. 4th in 2006-2010.  3rd in 2005.

You get the point. They have a REALLY, really good fanbase to rank that highly when they're not even that big of a city relative to some of the other teams.

---------------------------------------------

I understand that, and that might all be true, but to put on your video board at your stadium that they are 'the greatest fans in baseball' is a little over the top. Yes, they turn out in droves, but is it safe to have that many douche bags in one area? I know many of these people, they seriously don't understand how anyone can be a fan of any other team than the Cardinals. They don't get how anyone outside of Kansas or from Independence on east in Missouri can be actual Royal fans and not worship the Redbirds.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:21 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



DonaldEldridge wrote:
dandum54 wrote: I've heard rumblings that Cardinals fans like to eat poop.  Can anyone confirm?

Well, if St. Louis was a face, and they were facing the west coast, they would've practically had a sh*t team in their face for the past 25 years. So yeah, I guess that would be possible.

I don't know what direction they face, but I do know that the Missouri river is a primary source of their water supply, and is also the primary dumping ground for Kansas City's waste water,  so technically, yes, they drink our ****.  The other primary source of their water supply is the Mississippi, which means they also get the runoff of Twins fan's waste.



Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:22 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



Bretterhagen wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DonaldEldridge wrote:


<blockquote dir="ltr" ><strong>Bretterhagen wrote:</strong> Can I be the first negative poster in this thread? OK, this will be a tough one with Wainright on the bump. But, he did get shelled his last outing and I have been praying to the baseball Gods all day that we might vanquish the Red Plague and further depress "the greatest fans in baseball".</blockquote>Well, they have had the 2nd best attendance so far this year, and they did last year as well. 6th in 2011 and 2012. 4th in 2006-2010.  3rd in 2005.

You get the point. They have a REALLY, really good fanbase to rank that highly when they're not even that big of a city relative to some of the other teams.

---------------------------------------------

I understand that, and that might all be true, but to put on your video board at your stadium that they are 'the greatest fans in baseball' is a little over the top. Yes, they turn out in droves, but is it safe to have that many douche bags in one area? I know many of these people, they seriously don't understand how anyone can be a fan of any other team than the Cardinals. They don't get how anyone outside of Kansas or from Independence on east in Missouri can be actual Royal fans and not worship the Redbirds.
I think every player/team thinks they have the "best fans." I didn't realize they had that on their video board though, but I guess it's all opinionated of course. Just like some fanbases think they're the "loudest" in football.

I guess the second part is understandable as well. It probably does intrigue many people on why one would continue to follow a team that hasn't had an ounce of success since 1985, a year in which many fans weren't even born in. It would probably be a lot tougher for me to follow the team if I wasn't just a baseball fan in general.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:30 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


We don't have the best fans. We keep it real.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:35 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


Would rather see Butler batting 5 or 6, but good lineup overall.

It would be fine by me if they stuck with this and just put Aoki at the 9 spot for now. If he proves he can get his OBP back up to .350, he can bat leadoff again. If we have to have a guys with an OBP lower than .320, I'd rather it at least be someone with power possibilities.
#89 - To the Wonder (Malick, 2012)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:35 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



DMFan wrote: May be the best line up we can put out there Aoki struggling.

Except that we keep putting the Fat One in an RBI place when he's more deserving of 7th or 8th in the order.  Ned only sees 2012 Billy when he makes his lineup card.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:40 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


Actually, the closer I look at this team right now, it might be worth considering:

1. Dyson
2. Cain
3. Gordon
4. Perez
5. Hosmer
6. Infante
7. Butler
8. 3b
9. Escobar

Dyson and Cain's OBP are higher than I realized, I guess the question is whether they can sustain it. Plus, Ned would still get his old-fashioned leadoff hitter.
#89 - To the Wonder (Malick, 2012)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:53 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



chrisfilm wrote: Actually, the closer I look at this team right now, it might be worth considering:

1. Dyson
2. Cain
3. Gordon
4. Perez
5. Hosmer
6. Infante
7. Butler
8. 3b
9. Escobar

Dyson and Cain's OBP are higher than I realized, I guess the question is whether they can sustain it. Plus, Ned would still get his old-fashioned leadoff hitter.


One problem.

Dayton doesn't believe in gypsy math like OBP
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 4:57 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 



KennyPowers wrote:
chrisfilm wrote: Actually, the closer I look at this team right now, it might be worth considering:

1. Dyson
2. Cain
3. Gordon
4. Perez
5. Hosmer
6. Infante
7. Butler
8. 3b
9. Escobar

Dyson and Cain's OBP are higher than I realized, I guess the question is whether they can sustain it. Plus, Ned would still get his old-fashioned leadoff hitter.


One problem.

Dayton doesn't believe in gypsy math like OBP
Dayton doesn't make lineups
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 5:04 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


Crap, not good at posting images

www.sanftleben.com/Cardinals/best.jpg

Oh, and they like to tell themselves they are the best fans too, check out this web site. Lots if research had been done:

www.sanftleben.com/Cardinals/baseballheaven.html

And this

mobile.twitter.com/BestFansStLouis

Last edited 6/4/2014 5:23 PM by Bretterhagen

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2014 5:28 PM

Re: Game 59: The best roaches in baseball infest the K 


Look back on Deadspin's treatment of the Cardinals last year in the post-season. It was epic. They received everything they deserve by the constant pounding they took. I only hope they make the post season again to see Deadspin crush them again.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 13  Next >