Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer

Posted: 7/8/2014 7:56 PM

Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


And we are not quite getting it, but his defense is not helping.  Walk, out, then single has first and second and 1 out.  Blooper by Tex into LC, Dickerson makes a diving attempt, the freaking problem is that if he had done the deke move and played it cleanly on the bounce, he was only 90 feet from the 2B bag, he could have possibly thrown out the runner at 2B (at minimum prevent the runner from scoring) but he dove and it kicked off of him into CF allowing Gardner to score.  Then Gomes airmails a strike-em-out throw-em-out DP attempt at 3B allowing Ellsbury to score.bangheadbangheadbanghead
Indians come back with 1 run but could have had more except for some unclutch hitting by Santana and Swisher.
Bauer gives back the run with a single and a walk, a bunt and an RBI groundout.  I know it is early but you are facing a possible Cy Young candidate and you concede a run?  Oh well...what are the odds we lose 3-2?noidea
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 8:00 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


cabrera with a much-needed RBI?

course not. 3-1 after 2. and bauer averaging 21 pitches per inning.

Last edited 7/8/2014 8:01 PM by buddy34

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 8:01 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



buddy34 wrote: cabrera with a much-needed RBI?
Nope...and on a freaking 3-1 pitch too.  What a freaking let down.bangheadbangheadbanghead
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 8:06 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


Poor Bauer, gets victimized by Chisenhall's total lack of depth perception or something, completely misses a bouncer and has it go between his legs after missing the big hop.  ellsbury promptly steals second.
After a Tex K, McCann dinks a jam job single over ACab. bangheadbangheadbanghead
Bauer is actually pitching not bad, just victimized by bad D and BABIP.
Roberts pops out, Bauer seems to be overthrowing his curveball, two straight way in the dirt.  Ichiro up now, i think they realize they can't throw a curve in the zone to him because Ichiro will swinging bunt his way on.  Bauer's PC is high...really high.  Gets IChiro on an inside fastball GO to 1B.  Threw an extra 8-10 pitches because of the error.bangheadbanghead

Last edited 7/8/2014 8:17 PM by Hawaii007

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 8:25 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


1-2-3 for the Indians.  I am out, this is so depressing I don't even want to take advantage of the MLB.tv free trial.banghead
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:00 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


brantley with two-out, two-strike double, 3-2 after 5. this one feels like indians have a chance
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:07 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


very nice recovery by bauer. hope he can squeeze one more shutout inning. need some runs now
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:10 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



buddy34 wrote: very nice recovery by bauer. hope he can squeeze one more shutout inning. need some runs now
I am impressed by Bauer, definitely would have had a much better line if he had some average defense, and now Swisher comes through, what the hell is going on.  Maybe Swisher is becoming Adam Dunn circa 2012?
Please oh please Francona, don't screw this up by sending Bauer out for the 7th.  YOu have one of the best bullpens in the league.  Atchison, Shaw and Allen were not use yesterday.  There you go.

Last edited 7/8/2014 9:11 PM by Hawaii007

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:13 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


chiz single, swisher homer gives tribe lead. swisher back up to .199.

i hope bauer does start seventh. but have someone ready and make the move at first bump
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:15 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


detroit up 11-5 on dodgers and it's only thr 5th
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:17 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



buddy34 wrote: chiz single, swisher homer gives tribe lead. swisher back up to .199.

i hope bauer does start seventh. but have someone ready and make the move at first bump
I am just not comfortable with the idea.  Bauer has been great but can have bouts of wildness where he just can't find the zone.  2 out of the next three hitters are LHH and Bauer is already at 98 pitches and had a heavy stressful first three innings.  Too risky IMO.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:19 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



buddy34 wrote: detroit up 11-5 on dodgers and it's only thr 5th
wHAT A WEIRD game that is, Dodgers had a 5-0 lead and the Detroit challenged some play at 2B early, and that must have given them momentum or something because they have scored 11 unanswered.ohlord
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:21 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


Bauer proves me wrong and impresses with 2 Ks.  Great job Bauer!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:21 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


now THAT was a hell of an inning by bauer. well done young man.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:22 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



Hawaii007 wrote:
buddy34 wrote: very nice recovery by bauer. hope he can squeeze one more shutout inning. need some runs now
I am impressed by Bauer, definitely would have had a much better line if he had some average defense, and now Swisher comes through, what the hell is going on.  Maybe Swisher is becoming Adam Dunn circa 2012?
Please oh please Francona, don't screw this up by sending Bauer out for the 7th.  YOu have one of the best bullpens in the league.  Atchison, Shaw and Allen were not use yesterday.  There you go.
I was thinking earlier today Swisher was this year's Giambi but with more ABs.

Five of his seven have given the Tribe the lead.

Francona this year unless a starter is over his pitch count has been routinely sending him out to start the next inning. 

I probably would not have sent Bauer out for the seventh inning either but I guess Francona knew what he was doing.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:29 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 



JenniferMarie wrote:
Hawaii007 wrote:
buddy34 wrote: very nice recovery by bauer. hope he can squeeze one more shutout inning. need some runs now
I am impressed by Bauer, definitely would have had a much better line if he had some average defense, and now Swisher comes through, what the hell is going on.  Maybe Swisher is becoming Adam Dunn circa 2012?
Please oh please Francona, don't screw this up by sending Bauer out for the 7th.  YOu have one of the best bullpens in the league.  Atchison, Shaw and Allen were not use yesterday.  There you go.
I was thinking earlier today Swisher was this year's Giambi but with more ABs.

Five of his seven have given the Tribe the lead.

Francona this year unless a starter is over his pitch count has been routinely sending him out to start the next inning. 

I probably would not have sent Bauer out for the seventh inning either but I guess Francona knew what he was doing.
You have to admit it has been kind of a rarity recently when he is pushing those bullpen buttons.
I would not mind if Swisher was this year's Giambi if he was playing the same amount of time as Giambi was last year.  But if he can be Dunn...then that won't be too bad.
Brantley just having an MVP type season, a freaking homer to give us that extra insurance run.  Amazing season.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:29 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


brantley with a bomb, 5-3. pen better hold on.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:37 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


Impressive AB by Chisenhall, 12 pitches with a deep fly out to LF against a hard-throwing LHP.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 9:54 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


shaw gets it done in 8th. allen's turn.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/8/2014 10:02 PM

Re: Game 89: Definitely need Jack Bauer 


great game, after the 2nd inning.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >