Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 91  Next >

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2

Posted: 6/1/2012 11:50 AM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Samardzija is one of the few cubs I would show any interest.  In the 8th inning against the Reds, he was still bringing it in at 98.  Dude's an athlete.


cincykid wrote: Maybe, I believe a trade will happen if we remain in the race and our current bench fails to produce.  It's our only option unless we go AA or one just recently moved to AAA.  But that is it as far as real hitting help.  I think there is better than a 60 % chance of a deal. 
YearOfTheHusky wrote: Not a Reds rumor, but food for thought.

Apparently there is the only one untouchable Cub.

"nearly everyone but starter Jeff Samardzija is available."
"Castro can be obtained for two impact prospects,"
"Bryan LaHair could provide pop for a contender"

Quotes coming from USA Today's Bob Nightengale

Would you guys give up a couple of top prospects or more for Castro? What about LaHair? Can he play any left? With Rizzo waiting, you'd think he be moving there anyway.

I doubt Theo would deal inter division, but fun to think about.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/1/2012 11:25 PM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


He's a good one,  like him quite a lot.  Tough cookie, solid player.
Theshadowman wrote: Samardzija is one of the few cubs I would show any interest.  In the 8th inning against the Reds, he was still bringing it in at 98.  Dude's an athlete.


cincykid wrote: Maybe, I believe a trade will happen if we remain in the race and our current bench fails to produce.  It's our only option unless we go AA or one just recently moved to AAA.  But that is it as far as real hitting help.  I think there is better than a 60 % chance of a deal. 
YearOfTheHusky wrote: Not a Reds rumor, but food for thought.

Apparently there is the only one untouchable Cub.

"nearly everyone but starter Jeff Samardzija is available."
"Castro can be obtained for two impact prospects,"
"Bryan LaHair could provide pop for a contender"

Quotes coming from USA Today's Bob Nightengale

Would you guys give up a couple of top prospects or more for Castro? What about LaHair? Can he play any left? With Rizzo waiting, you'd think he be moving there anyway.

I doubt Theo would deal inter division, but fun to think about.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2012 12:08 PM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Excellent Redzone threat too...very hard to cover.
cincykid wrote: He's a good one,  like him quite a lot.  Tough cookie, solid player.
Theshadowman wrote: Samardzija is one of the few cubs I would show any interest.  In the 8th inning against the Reds, he was still bringing it in at 98.  Dude's an athlete.


cincykid wrote: Maybe, I believe a trade will happen if we remain in the race and our current bench fails to produce.  It's our only option unless we go AA or one just recently moved to AAA.  But that is it as far as real hitting help.  I think there is better than a 60 % chance of a deal. 
YearOfTheHusky wrote: Not a Reds rumor, but food for thought.

Apparently there is the only one untouchable Cub.

"nearly everyone but starter Jeff Samardzija is available."
"Castro can be obtained for two impact prospects,"
"Bryan LaHair could provide pop for a contender"

Quotes coming from USA Today's Bob Nightengale

Would you guys give up a couple of top prospects or more for Castro? What about LaHair? Can he play any left? With Rizzo waiting, you'd think he be moving there anyway.

I doubt Theo would deal inter division, but fun to think about.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/2/2012 2:32 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


twitter.com/#!/BlueWahoosBBall

"Roster move: RHP Tim Gustafson promoted to AAA @LouisvilleBats; LHP Tony Cingrani promoted from High-A @BakoBlaze"


I am interested to see how he does. He has been great so far, but he is now at the level he probably should be at based on his age/experience/talent.

Last edited 6/2/2012 2:33 PM by RDriesenUD

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2012 11:13 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 



RDriesenUD wrote: twitter.com/#!/BlueWahoosBBall

"Roster move: RHP Tim Gustafson promoted to AAA @LouisvilleBats; LHP Tony Cingrani promoted from High-A @BakoBlaze"


I am interested to see how he does. He has been great so far, but he is now at the level he probably should be at based on his age/experience/talent.
Nice job for both of them.  Can't wait to see cingrani throw.  It'll be on MiLB tv now that he's a Wahoo.

Last edited 6/2/2012 11:13 PM by cincykid

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/2/2012 11:15 PM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


agreedbiggrin
DocBuc wrote: Excellent Redzone threat too...very hard to cover.
cincykid wrote: He's a good one,  like him quite a lot.  Tough cookie, solid player.
Theshadowman wrote: Samardzija is one of the few cubs I would show any interest.  In the 8th inning against the Reds, he was still bringing it in at 98.  Dude's an athlete.


cincykid wrote: Maybe, I believe a trade will happen if we remain in the race and our current bench fails to produce.  It's our only option unless we go AA or one just recently moved to AAA.  But that is it as far as real hitting help.  I think there is better than a 60 % chance of a deal. 
YearOfTheHusky wrote: Not a Reds rumor, but food for thought.

Apparently there is the only one untouchable Cub.

"nearly everyone but starter Jeff Samardzija is available."
"Castro can be obtained for two impact prospects,"
"Bryan LaHair could provide pop for a contender"

Quotes coming from USA Today's Bob Nightengale

Would you guys give up a couple of top prospects or more for Castro? What about LaHair? Can he play any left? With Rizzo waiting, you'd think he be moving there anyway.

I doubt Theo would deal inter division, but fun to think about.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/5/2012 11:02 AM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Reds release veteran Francis at his request

mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?y...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2012 11:27 AM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Buster Olney is floating us a match with the Friars for C Quentin. I agree I would like him in LF and his bat in the 4 spot; my question is the price. Could we get the Pads to give us a discount after the cost of the Latos' deal? Would you part with a young arm like Cingrani or Lotzgar if we could get an impact bat in return? Could we deal a Heisey or Stubbs without having to give up an impact arm and what else could we get in the deal if we gave a major league piece back in return?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2012 12:19 PM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


I wouldn't give up a great arm for Quentin. I would give up Heisey or a decent prospect or two pretty easily, but no top arms, I think we are going to need them when the team realizes Homer and Leake are crap.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2012 12:56 PM

Re: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


I'd give up Lotzkar for him, but not Cingrani.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2012 2:20 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


I would probably give up either one, but would prefer to trade someone else. We NEED a #4 hitter!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2012 4:11 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2012 5:01 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


We'll see what he can do I guess. Costanzo and Willie didn't do anything.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/6/2012 6:44 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


He is a good defender, has speed, and can play multiple positions.


wolfpack87 wrote: We'll see what he can do I guess. Costanzo and Willie didn't do anything.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/7/2012 1:31 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Not a fan of this transaction. He better have pretty marvelous defense, seeing as he's hitting about .215 in his last 650 ABs. I feel like Gathright deserves a shot. Amazing speed and is currently hitting around .305 in Louisville. Career .263 hitter in the majors, which isn't amazing, but better than these other clowns they've been calling up.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/8/2012 10:46 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Negron's bat will fit right in on Dusty's bench
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/13/2012 12:45 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/13/2012 12:56 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 



UCbengal985 wrote: Not a fan of this transaction. He better have pretty marvelous defense, seeing as he's hitting about .215 in his last 650 ABs. I feel like Gathright deserves a shot. Amazing speed and is currently hitting around .305 in Louisville. Career .263 hitter in the majors, which isn't amazing, but better than these other clowns they've been calling up.
Agreed. With Stubbs out of action, it would've been a great time to see if Gathright could've helped in center and at the top of the order. noidea
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/13/2012 3:06 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


Interesting article from Grantland. People are taking notice. 

Can we trust the Reds

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/13/2012 5:00 PM

RE: 2012 Red's Rumors / Roster Moves ........Going All In #2 


That was an interesting read and I agree with most of what he said.  Thanks.


wolfpack87 wrote:

Interesting article from Grantland. People are taking notice. 

Can we trust the Reds

Last edited 6/13/2012 5:00 PM by RDriesenUD

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 91  Next >