Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 56  Next >

RE: Ex-Reds Thread

Posted: 5/6/2012 5:33 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


That is good to hear.  Good luck to Travis.


THNDRacket wrote: Travis Wood has been recalled and is making his Cubs debut against the Dodgers after a rain delay.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2012 11:03 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Didn't las long though. He was sent back to AAA today.

---------------------------------------------
--- RDriesenUD wrote:

That is good to hear.  Good luck to Travis.


THNDRacket wrote: Travis Wood has been recalled and is making his Cubs debut against the Dodgers after a rain delay.


---------------------------------------------


==========
It's all fun and games until someone is picked off second base.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/7/2012 11:04 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Volquez just gave up a home run to opposing pitcher Drew Pomeranz at Petco.


==========
It's all fun and games until someone is picked off second base.

Last edited 5/7/2012 11:05 PM by THNDRacket

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/8/2012 11:38 AM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Three former # Reds among 4 tied for AL homer lead with 9 -- Dunn, Encarnacion, Hamilton

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2012 10:21 PM

Re: Ex-Reds Thread 


Yonder Alonso has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 games (23-for-60), with eight doubles, one homer and seven RBI to raise his average from .196 to .293. He had six RBI in a four-game span after having only four in the Padres' first 29 games.


sigh

Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/15/2012 10:30 AM

Re: Ex-Reds Thread 


sigh?  I'll take Latos everytime over all the players we traded to get him.

Latos' stats in his last 4 games:

2-0, 2.22 ERA, 24.1 IP, 10 BB, 22 SO


mardigan wrote: Yonder Alonso has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 games (23-for-60), with eight doubles, one homer and seven RBI to raise his average from .196 to .293. He had six RBI in a four-game span after having only four in the Padres' first 29 games.


sigh
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/15/2012 2:42 PM

Re: Ex-Reds Thread 



RDriesenUD wrote: sigh?  I'll take Latos everytime over all the players we traded to get him.

Latos' stats in his last 4 games:

2-0, 2.22 ERA, 24.1 IP, 10 BB, 22 SO


mardigan wrote: Yonder Alonso has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 games (23-for-60), with eight doubles, one homer and seven RBI to raise his average from .196 to .293. He had six RBI in a four-game span after having only four in the Padres' first 29 games.


sigh
Yes...  sigh...  as in, "Sigh, wouldn't it be nice to have another hot, lefthanded bat in the lineup", NOT as in "Sigh, I can't stand Latos and can't believe we traded away Alonso" 

I like Latos and hope he turns out to be the stud we all want him to be and understand that in order to get something good you have to part with something good most of the time too.   shrug. 

Of course, a similar trade for a young stud pitcher went sour not too long ago that has many of us sighing about that particular transaction as well.  EV for JH just sux now...

Only time will tell...

Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/15/2012 2:57 PM

Re: Ex-Reds Thread 


Okay


mardigan wrote:
RDriesenUD wrote: sigh?  I'll take Latos everytime over all the players we traded to get him.

Latos' stats in his last 4 games:

2-0, 2.22 ERA, 24.1 IP, 10 BB, 22 SO


mardigan wrote: Yonder Alonso has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 games (23-for-60), with eight doubles, one homer and seven RBI to raise his average from .196 to .293. He had six RBI in a four-game span after having only four in the Padres' first 29 games.


sigh
Yes...  sigh...  as in, "Sigh, wouldn't it be nice to have another hot, lefthanded bat in the lineup", NOT as in "Sigh, I can't stand Latos and can't believe we traded away Alonso" 

I like Latos and hope he turns out to be the stud we all want him to be and understand that in order to get something good you have to part with something good most of the time too.   shrug. 

Of course, a similar trade for a young stud pitcher went sour not too long ago that has many of us sighing about that particular transaction as well.  EV for JH just sux now...

Only time will tell...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/16/2012 9:31 AM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 



wolfpack87 wrote: Three former # Reds among 4 tied for AL homer lead with 9 -- Dunn, Encarnacion, Hamilton
Dunn had the worst year in the history of baseball last year and EE has been moved to 1st/DH most of the time with Lind being benched.  Hamilton is the only one that makes me sad. 


BTW, did any of you know Dunn has 2 kids with pretty bad autism?  I've been told that had a pretty big hand in last year.  Why do so many athletes have autistic kids?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/16/2012 9:52 AM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


I hadn't heard that.  That is sad and you bring up a good point.  Probably something that should be studied.


wvubassrfl wrote:
wolfpack87 wrote: Three former # Reds among 4 tied for AL homer lead with 9 -- Dunn, Encarnacion, Hamilton
Dunn had the worst year in the history of baseball last year and EE has been moved to 1st/DH most of the time with Lind being benched.  Hamilton is the only one that makes me sad. 


BTW, did any of you know Dunn has 2 kids with pretty bad autism?  I've been told that had a pretty big hand in last year.  Why do so many athletes have autistic kids?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/28/2012 7:34 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


GD it I was wrong. Somebody got to this guy and made him click.

Jon Morosi @ jonmorosi

Edwin Encarnación probably belongs on the All-Star team. Entered today T-2nd in home runs, 3rd in RBI, 4th in total bases in AL. # BlueJays

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/28/2012 7:36 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Not saying you're wrong on this but do you have a link to this (@ Dunn) ?

Is it really a bigger % with athletes kids than the general population ?



wvubassrfl wrote:
wolfpack87 wrote: Three former # Reds among 4 tied for AL homer lead with 9 -- Dunn, Encarnacion, Hamilton
Dunn had the worst year in the history of baseball last year and EE has been moved to 1st/DH most of the time with Lind being benched.  Hamilton is the only one that makes me sad. 


BTW, did any of you know Dunn has 2 kids with pretty bad autism?  I've been told that had a pretty big hand in last year.  Why do so many athletes have autistic kids?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/28/2012 10:29 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 




---------------------------------------------
--- kots4mvp14 wrote:

GD it I was wrong. Somebody got to this guy and made him click.

Jon Morosi @ jonmorosi Edwin Encarnación probably belongs on the All-Star team. Entered today T-2nd in home runs, 3rd in RBI, 4th in total bases in AL. # BlueJays



---------------------------------------------

I always liked Encarnacion, as disappointing as he was. Glad to see someone was able to get through to him. Don't know if his defense is consistent yet though.


==========
It's all fun and games until someone is picked off second base.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/29/2012 12:29 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 



kots4mvp14 wrote: Not saying you're wrong on this but do you have a link to this (@ Dunn) ?

Is it really a bigger % with athletes kids than the general population ?



wvubassrfl wrote:
wolfpack87 wrote: Three former # Reds among 4 tied for AL homer lead with 9 -- Dunn, Encarnacion, Hamilton
Dunn had the worst year in the history of baseball last year and EE has been moved to 1st/DH most of the time with Lind being benched.  Hamilton is the only one that makes me sad. 


BTW, did any of you know Dunn has 2 kids with pretty bad autism?  I've been told that had a pretty big hand in last year.  Why do so many athletes have autistic kids?
I don't know if if it is a bigger % than the general population, or if it just seems like it because they are able to use their platform so we hear about it more.


Check your PM.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/29/2012 11:22 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Phil Dumatrait Retires

By Mike Axisa [May 29, 2012 at 10:17pm CST]

Phil Dumatrait has voluntarily retired and been released by a Twins, reports Tyler Mason of FOXSportsNorth.com (on Twitter). The team has confirmed the move.

Dumatrait, 30, had a 1.15 ERA in 15 2/3 innings for Minnesota's Triple-A affiliate this season. He owns a 6.20 ERA in 151 career big league innings spread across 17 starts and 70 relief appearances for the Reds, Pirates, and Twins.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/1/2012 11:23 AM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Congratulations to Yasmani.


twitter.com/#!/DSBerk

"Yasmani Grandal was told after the game tonight that he's being called up to San Diego. Not sure what the corresponding move is."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2012 5:25 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


One of my favorite Reds of all time will be inducted into the New York Mets' Hall of Fame:

sports.yahoo.com/news/mets-ind...19328--mlb.html


==========
It's all fun and games until someone is picked off second base.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2012 5:40 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Ah man, I was just thinking of the movie "Airplane!"

"I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate...
Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon - Manny Mota!"

cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012...bon-dead-at-65/


==========
It's all fun and games until someone is picked off second base.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/4/2012 8:10 PM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


I hate to say this, this was my first thought too.

RIP good pitcher / great line from an all time movie.


THNDRacket wrote: Ah man, I was just thinking of the movie "Airplane!"

"I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate...
Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon - Manny Mota!"

cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2012...bon-dead-at-65/
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/6/2012 12:27 AM

RE: Ex-Reds Thread 


Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
< Prev.  Page of 56  Next >