Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow!

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:48 PM

Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


Just heard on the Score. cool
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:50 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


Cubs source confirms Javier Baez to join team in Colorado on Tuesday .

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:53 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



SportsGoblin wrote: Just heard on the Score. 
Bruce Levine @ MLBBruceLevine

Cubs source confirms Javier Baez to join team in Colorado on Tuesday .

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 12:57 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


But what about the AAA playoffs!?!?!?!?!?!  cool
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 1:02 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



DoubleDown11 wrote: But what about the AAA playoffs!?!?!?!?!?!  cool

and building chemistry in AAA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:02 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


Wow.  The fun begins.  I just hope you racists don't start criticizing him if he again struggles a bit in adapting to a new level. biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:08 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


excited Seriously, there were points in this process where it felt the ultra-conservative approach was going to kill me.  i don't know if it's a good move or not, but I'm damn sure excited to see it happen.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:10 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



zighawk73 wrote: Seriously, there were points in this process where it felt the ultra-conservative approach was going to kill me.  i don't know if it's a good move or not, but I'm damn sure excited to see it happen.
It helps make the team watchable in August for the first time in 6 years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:14 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


This is huge! Congrats to Javy. Can't wait to see how he fares and hopefully Bryant and Soler in a month's time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:20 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



doughboy981 wrote: This is huge! Congrats to Javy. Can't wait to see how he fares and hopefully Soler in a month's time.
I hate to do this, but I still think Bryant waits.  Soler is the easiest to move up if he keeps performing.  Javy coming up only surprises me cause it felt like this whole thing was going to take forever (it's not over yet).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:21 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


I'm almost as interested in how the defense looks as I am in the offense now. I have very little doubt Baez is going to hit. To me the offense is just a question of whether he's an all-star or a superstar. Defensively though we're going to get 2 full months of Baez at 2nd and Alcantara in center field. I don't think either of them plays there long term, but I'm excited to see how it plays out.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:23 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


I'll drink to that!
Cheers!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:27 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


Have one for me, Katie. This news brightened my whole day.


---------------------------------------------
--- KatieCubFan wrote:

I'll drink to that!
Cheers!

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:28 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



DoubleDown11 wrote: I'm almost as interested in how the defense looks as I am in the offense now. I have very little doubt Baez is going to hit. To me the offense is just a question of whether he's an all-star or a superstar. Defensively though we're going to get 2 full months of Baez at 2nd and Alcantara in center field. I don't think either of them plays there long term, but I'm excited to see how it plays out.

I sort of understand your point about Alcantara, though it is way to early to assume that both he and Almora are going to cut it at the major league level, so we just need to let it work itself out. 

Regarding Baez, however, I DID kind of think that there was a reasonable chance that Second is his long-term position.  Even assuming that Russell and Bryant both turn out to be effective major leaguers, it's just as likely that Castro moves to 3B or OF or is traded, and/or that Bryant moves to OF, as it is that Baez moves to 3B.  Not that this is the most important point, but Javy himself has suggested that he would be most comfortable at Second if he had to move off SS. 

Also, I agree with you that seeing how it plays out will be fun.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:30 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



HomerInGloamin wrote:
zighawk73 wrote: Seriously, there were points in this process where it felt the ultra-conservative approach was going to kill me.  i don't know if it's a good move or not, but I'm damn sure excited to see it happen.
It helps make the team watchable in August for the first time in 6 years.
wow I said 12 HR in August would likely force their hand but I guess his first 2 HR game this year was enough lol

Also not being disrespectful to Homer...but he got his wish...and now he is happy....everyone remember that...he isnt 100 percent negative like others say

Congrats to Baez...Theo said he wants to stagger prospects coming up...so now Soler will be next ...and Bryant will likely follow in May...staggered good enough for me...Russel is he keeps on his torrid pace may be here by the trade deadline....

Bringing up Baez now means...they expect more that just a bat off the bench...now we may see a Castro trade in the offseason if Baez is solid for 2 months...otherwise they wait or deal him...hope its the familiar

speaking of Baez being promoted...could that mean Russel is heading to Iowa???...might make sense
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:38 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



wrigleykid wrote:
HomerInGloamin wrote:
zighawk73 wrote: Seriously, there were points in this process where it felt the ultra-conservative approach was going to kill me.  i don't know if it's a good move or not, but I'm damn sure excited to see it happen.
It helps make the team watchable in August for the first time in 6 years.
wow I said 12 HR in August would likely force their hand but I guess his first 2 HR game this year was enough lol

Also not being disrespectful to Homer...but he got his wish...and now he is happy....everyone remember that...he isnt 100 percent negative like others say

Congrats to Baez...Theo said he wants to stagger prospects coming up...so now Soler will be next ...and Bryant will likely follow in May...staggered good enough for me...Russel is he keeps on his torrid pace may be here by the trade deadline....

Bringing up Baez now means...they expect more that just a bat off the bench...now we may see a Castro trade in the offseason if Baez is solid for 2 months...otherwise they wait or deal him...hope its the familiar

speaking of Baez being promoted...could that mean Russel is heading to Iowa???...might make sense
There are some tweets floating around that say not likely:

Sahadev Sharma ‏@sahadevsharma 8m
Hearing it's unlikely that Addison Russell moves up to AAA this season. Probably wraps up year at AA then plays in an offseason league.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:47 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


oh BTW...Happy Bday to MEEEEeeeeee

Thanks for the awesome gift Theo and Jedexcited
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 2:52 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 


Also with Mendy taking a full time job at CF, Coghlan likely in LF...Ruggiano in right...it make perfect sense to DF Schierholtz and send down Lake to work out his issue at AAA
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:29 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 





---------------------------------------------
--- wrigleykid wrote:

Also with Mendy taking a full time job at CF, Coghlan likely in LF...Ruggiano in right...it make perfect sense to DF Schierholtz and send down Lake to work out his issue at AAA

---------------------------------------------

I've heard Lake will not go down since he only has 1 option left. That way they can send him down next year if they want. Don't know if it'll play out that way, but just what I heard.
And I agree, that should be the OF now
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/4/2014 3:59 PM

Re: Baez Joins Cubs Tomorrow! 



DoubleDown11 wrote: But what about the AAA playoffs!?!?!?!?!?!  cool

I honestly rather see them all finish down there and play out the AAA playoffs Don't get me wrong, I am excited that Baez is up and like I been saying since this all started, there is no one answer to how prospects are brought up. From my vantage point, it seems like there is more positive to him finishing the year down there. Baez had a tough learning curve in AAA and while he finally on track, a pounding at the big league club could (didn't say would) really offset his progress over the past few months. And like I said before, there is something to team chemistry as well and it seemed like the four of them were really clicking. I would liked to seen that continue.

But I also am oblivious to what is actually happening other then highlights, stats sheets and scouting reports. The Cubs brass aren't though and I can guarantee this decision was not done lightly. So hopefully Baez comes up and has some success, it will be exciting for sure. And Ricky it seems gets the message now and I am sure he will be playing everyday at 2nd pretty much with AA moving back to center.

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >