Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Cubs vs Padres

Avatar

Posted: 7/21/2014 2:17 PM

Cubs vs Padres 


Padres-Cubs matchups: Tuesday: Stults vs. Hendricks; Wednesday: Kennedy vs. Wada: Thursday: Ross vs. Jackson.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 7:20 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


It would be great if Boni starts active duty the way he started the season.  Leadoff double.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:16 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Hendricks pitching well so far, albeit against the Headley-less Padres haha.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:18 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



KatieCubFan wrote: Hendricks pitching well so far, albeit against the Headley-less Padres haha.
Could be great for his confidence to beat up on the Pads and get his first win.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



zighawk73 wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Hendricks pitching well so far, albeit against the Headley-less Padres haha.
Could be great for his confidence to beat up on the Pads and get his first win.
Yeah...I guess they are still a major-league club, but that Pads lineup is one plate o' hot garbage. Now watch them put up a 4-spot as I jinx Hendricks...bangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbanghead
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:50 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



Grandpaboy1967 wrote:
zighawk73 wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Hendricks pitching well so far, albeit against the Headley-less Padres haha.
Could be great for his confidence to beat up on the Pads and get his first win.
Yeah...I guess they are still a major-league club, but that Pads lineup is one plate o' hot garbage. Now watch them put up a 4-spot as I jinx Hendricks...bangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbanghead
            You haven't jinxed him yet.   Yes it's a crappy Padres lineup but you have to be pleased with 6 solid innings, no runs and only 67 pitches.   Wonder if Ejax is watching? Maybe he'd learn something...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 8:57 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Hendricks getting a lot of ground balls with the wind blowing out.  Good to see.  And from what I'm hearing he has a nasty change.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:05 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



KatieCubFan wrote: Hendricks getting a lot of ground balls with the wind blowing out.  Good to see.  And from what I'm hearing he has a nasty change.
His stuff is real. Yes, it is the Head(ley)-less Padres, but I do believe his stuff is going to play in the big leagues.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:06 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Mendy hits one to Waveland!

Correction:  Sheffield

Last edited 7/22/2014 9:54 PM by KatieCubFan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:07 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


A quick example of how Alcantara is not Barney. Fricking crushed it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:08 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Alcantara has left the building!  biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:09 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


RIZZO...I could get used to this.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:10 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Earlier I was thinking that Castro has been quiet with the bat lately, but at least he's mixing in some walks.  Just as I thought that the radio guys said that he told a reporter he was unhappy after the first Arizona game because he thought he was getting himself out, so he decided to take walks if pitchers don't give him what he wants.  Exactly.  But he does have a double in this game after running the count full.

Rizzo goes back-to-back for his second home run of the game.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:17 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Back to Back Jacks...

Rizzo now 2 ahead of Stanton for NL lead...

And Rizzo is 3rd on the power list behind Baez and Bryant ...we could break some interesting records in the next few years

And lets not forget Hendricks...3 induced double plays...we might be looking at a guy who will consistently save the bullpen and probably will have some complete games in the near future....might not even have to throw 100 pitches

Castillo ....showing signs of life on offense...thank god...now work on that framing
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:32 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



wrigleykid wrote: Back to Back Jacks...

Rizzo now 2 ahead of Stanton for NL lead...

And Rizzo is 3rd on the power list behind Baez and Bryant ...we could break some interesting records in the next few years


Soler?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:37 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



absolutebadger wrote:
wrigleykid wrote: Back to Back Jacks...

Rizzo now 2 ahead of Stanton for NL lead...

And Rizzo is 3rd on the power list behind Baez and Bryant ...we could break some interesting records in the next few years


Soler?
seen enough Bryant and Baez's power on display...Soler definitely has pop but not sure yet if he has more than Rizzo...if so then even bettertongue
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:45 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Great win.

Hendricks:  1-0, 2.77
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/22/2014 9:45 PM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 



wrigleykid wrote:
absolutebadger wrote:
wrigleykid wrote: Back to Back Jacks...

Rizzo now 2 ahead of Stanton for NL lead...

And Rizzo is 3rd on the power list behind Baez and Bryant ...we could break some interesting records in the next few years


Soler?
seen enough Bryant and Baez's power on display...Soler definitely has pop but not sure yet if he has more than Rizzo...if so then even bettertongue
            Well tonight Baez and Bryant were shut out at the plate (Beeler pitched a shutout and they won 1-0) but Soler is 2 for 4 with a triple so far tonight and is up to .415.  Small sample size but his numbers are actually better than Bryant's at AA so far.     
            Nice win tonight!!    The two rookies showed their stuff and then there's RIZZZZOOOOOOOO!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 3:07 AM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


Soler is 9 months older than Baez and 2 months younger than Bryantemcool13.gifcoolcoolcoolcool
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/23/2014 10:37 AM

Re: Cubs vs Padres 


I feel like Nate Schierholtz isn't getting nearly enough flak for the piece of sh!t season he's put together. .202/.248/.310 with 5 homers in over 300 plate appearances. Even when he was a marginal part time player for the Giants all those years, he was never close to this bad.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >