Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Home run derby

Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 3:37 PM

Home run derby 


Does anyone watch the home run derby or All Star game ?

Home Run Derby participants
American League
RFJose Bautista, TOR (Captain)
3BJosh Donaldson, OAK
2BBrian Dozier, MIN
CFAdam Jones, BAL
LFYoenis Cespedes, OAK*
National League
SSTroy Tulowitzki, COL (Captain)
3BTodd Frazier, CIN
1BJustin Morneau, COL
RFYasiel Puig, LAD
RFGiancarlo Stanton, MIA
*Defending champ

I will go with Stanton winning tonight
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/14/2014 3:46 PM

Re: Home run derby 


they changed the rules of the dersby...I may watch...also Stanton is having a horrible July from what I heard on baseball tonight
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/14/2014 7:35 PM

Re: Home run derby 


Rain delay. Bummer.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 7:52 PM

Re: Home run derby 


Cespedes or Puig.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/14/2014 10:11 PM

Re: Home run derby 


Stanton Chokes !!!

LOL...Fraizer hit 1 HR and Stanton choked....I like this HR derby....unexpected surprises
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/14/2014 10:26 PM

Re: Home run derby 


Not quite the same without PEDs
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/15/2014 12:59 AM

Re: Home run derby 


Told ya.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 9:24 AM

Re: Home run derby 



luke137 wrote: Told ya.
yes u chose the winner...but ur other boy didnt hit a single HRtongue

Last edited 7/15/2014 9:38 AM by wrigleykid

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 3:47 PM

Re: Home run derby 


Counting all the injury replacements, there will be 81 players in uniform tonight. Both teams have 4 catchers. They've completely devalued making the team. In 1998, the first year of 30 teams, there were 63 all-stars.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 6:11 PM

Re: Home run derby 





---------------------------------------------
--- DoubleDown11 wrote:

Counting all the injury replacements, there will be 81 players in uniform tonight. Both teams have 4 catchers. They've completely devalued making the team. In 1998, the first year of 30 teams, there were 63 all-stars.

---------------------------------------------

And yet the winner still gets home field. Just another failed experiment by Uncle Bud just like pretty much everything else he has tried. One of the first order of business for the next commish (among a list the size of the yellow pages) is get rid of the game deciding home field and just make it fun again. Like several have said make it little league rules. That be a blast. And have it all fan voting. The game is for fans to watch their favorites, not who had the best first half all the time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 6:54 PM

Re: Home run derby 



PorkChopExpress12 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DoubleDown11 wrote:

Counting all the injury replacements, there will be 81 players in uniform tonight. Both teams have 4 catchers. They've completely devalued making the team. In 1998, the first year of 30 teams, there were 63 all-stars.

---------------------------------------------

And yet the winner still gets home field. Just another failed experiment by Uncle Bud just like pretty much everything else he has tried. One of the first order of business for the next commish (among a list the size of the yellow pages) is get rid of the game deciding home field and just make it fun again. Like several have said make it little league rules. That be a blast. And have it all fan voting. The game is for fans to watch their favorites, not who had the best first half all the time.
I agree. This exhibition should have no bearing on the home field for the World Series. It has to be more than a coin flip or alternate years to determine home field.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 7:08 PM

Re: Home run derby 



absolutebadger wrote:
PorkChopExpress12 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DoubleDown11 wrote:

Counting all the injury replacements, there will be 81 players in uniform tonight. Both teams have 4 catchers. They've completely devalued making the team. In 1998, the first year of 30 teams, there were 63 all-stars.

---------------------------------------------

And yet the winner still gets home field. Just another failed experiment by Uncle Bud just like pretty much everything else he has tried. One of the first order of business for the next commish (among a list the size of the yellow pages) is get rid of the game deciding home field and just make it fun again. Like several have said make it little league rules. That be a blast. And have it all fan voting. The game is for fans to watch their favorites, not who had the best first half all the time.
I agree. This exhibition should have no bearing on the home field for the World Series. It has to be more than a coin flip or alternate years to determine home field.
Shouldn't the team with the best winning percentage have home field?...seems easy to me
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/15/2014 10:47 PM

Re: Home run derby 


^^^^

This. Both the NBA and NHL do that way and it works out just fine. And if they so happened to have the same record, then just use their interleague record as a tie breaker.
Reply | Quote