Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >

Cubs vs Braves

Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 11:38 AM

Cubs vs Braves 


Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 11:40 AM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



HomerInGloamin wrote: Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Alcantara at leadoff?  I'm getting all shivery.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 11:57 AM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



zighawk73 wrote:
HomerInGloamin wrote: Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Alcantara at leadoff?  I'm getting all shivery.
.400 OBP in the leadoff spot this year.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 1:21 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


my perfect cubs lineup.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 1:27 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



zighawk73 wrote:
HomerInGloamin wrote: Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Alcantara at leadoff?  I'm getting all shivery.
Makes sense. Decent OBP in the minors. Very good base stealer. That guy didn't exist on the team once the Bonifacio hot streak ended.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 1:34 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



SportsGoblin wrote:
zighawk73 wrote:
HomerInGloamin wrote: Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Alcantara at leadoff?  I'm getting all shivery.
Makes sense. Decent OBP in the minors. Very good base stealer. That guy didn't exist on the team once the Bonifacio hot streak ended.
Just to be clear (cause it seems like you guys think I meant nervous or something) I'm excited to see him lead off since it's where I think he eventually bats and that makes this move seemingly symbolic of the beginning of the youth movement (not counting Rizzo, Castro was already there).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 1:51 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



zighawk73 wrote:
SportsGoblin wrote:
zighawk73 wrote:
HomerInGloamin wrote: Today’s # Cubs lineup vs # Braves: Alcantara 2B, Ruggiano RF, Rizzo 1B, Castro SS, Castillo C, Lake CF, Coghlan LF, Olt 3B, Arrieta P
Alcantara at leadoff?  I'm getting all shivery.
Makes sense. Decent OBP in the minors. Very good base stealer. That guy didn't exist on the team once the Bonifacio hot streak ended.
Just to be clear (cause it seems like you guys think I meant nervous or something) I'm excited to see him lead off since it's where I think he eventually bats and that makes this move seemingly symbolic of the beginning of the youth movement (not counting Rizzo, Castro was already there).
No, I thought you meant excited. I was just agreeing with you.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 2:46 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


hope Alcantara gets a nice ovation.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:16 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


Arrieta is sick
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:35 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


With Uggla and BJ on the bench the Braves have a combined 26 million combining to hit .200.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:45 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


should we trade arrieta?

I think he is fools gold and is pitching over his head.  get a fortune while he is hot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:49 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



promar200 wrote: should we trade arrieta?

I think he is fools gold and is pitching over his head.  get a fortune while he is hot.
No way. He is cheap and cost controlled for three more years.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:49 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



promar200 wrote: should we trade arrieta?

I think he is fools gold and is pitching over his head.  get a fortune while he is hot.
No...we traded enough star pitching lol...

what are we gonna do with Coghlan?....I aint giving him up for a bag of balls...clubs have to be interested with the performance  of him lately getting full time play
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:50 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


Olt took a walk. eek
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:52 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


great bunt by Arrieta...can he teach the rest of this team?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:52 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


Coghlan and Ruggiano can be really nice depth guys on a good team. I wouldn't mind hanging on to them.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:57 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



zighawk73 wrote: Olt took a walk. eek
Olt takes walks. He has a 9.1% walk rate. His problem is sometimes being too selective and sitting on a ball right down the middle. Maybe you are thinking Lake, with his 3.8% walk rate?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 4:01 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 



SportsGoblin wrote:
zighawk73 wrote: Olt took a walk. eek
Olt takes walks. He has a 9.1% walk rate. His problem is sometimes being too selective and sitting on a ball right down the middle. Maybe you are thinking Lake, with his 3.8% walk rate?
Yep. He has done well against LH pitching
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 4:03 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


I am becoming a believer in coghlan.


this lineup may not be the best but they are the most exciting to watch.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 4:34 PM

Re: Cubs vs Braves 


think thats Alcantara first walk...just something I noticed...he taps the inside and outside of the plate with his bat like Bryce Harper
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 7  Next >