Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break.

Posted: 7/2/2014 10:56 PM

Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 


We really needed the offense to click tonight and they did in a HUGE way...hope they  saved some of that for later because this run before the allstar break is gonna be tough.

3 againt the red hot Nationals
4 against the Reds but oh wait lets not forget a double header so 5 against the Reds
3 against the Braves to finish it off

honestly if we are 10 under at the break I would consider it an accomplishment...but breaking .500 against these three teams could  really make a statement
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:08 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 


Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 11:56 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



KatieCubFan wrote: Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
37-46
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 12:45 AM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



wrigleykid wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
37-46

Thanks.  So our games below .500 has shrunk to single digits.  Cool.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 8:38 AM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



KatieCubFan wrote:
wrigleykid wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
37-46

Thanks.  So our games below .500 has shrunk to single digits.  Cool.
And our run differential is -4. The Yankees are 41-42 with a -37 differential. The Pirates are 44-40 with the exact same -4 as the Cubs. Granted, we don't own a monopoly on this; the Mets are 11 games under with a differential of -6.

The Cubs drove to the cellar quickly, being 8-17 on April 29th. Since then, they have been a .500 team.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 12:27 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



SportsGoblin wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote:
wrigleykid wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
37-46

Thanks.  So our games below .500 has shrunk to single digits.  Cool.
And our run differential is -4. The Yankees are 41-42 with a -37 differential. The Pirates are 44-40 with the exact same -4 as the Cubs. Granted, we don't own a monopoly on this; the Mets are 11 games under with a differential of -6.

The Cubs drove to the cellar quickly, being 8-17 on April 29th. Since then, they have been a .500 team.
well like I said this weeks gonna be tough...it was also apparently sweeps week lol

the A's were swept by the tigers

the Reds were swept so hopefully we are playing them at the right time...5 games shesssh

Nationals swept someone

Braves swept someone and now have a 7 game winning streak...hope they cool off soon

Cubs swept the Redsox...and their maybe a few more I forgot from last night
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/3/2014 12:48 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



wrigleykid wrote:
SportsGoblin wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote:
wrigleykid wrote:
KatieCubFan wrote: Their entire season has been a gauntlet.  I believe they have played the fewest home games of any team in the majors as well.  By the time that evens out they'll have traded away two of their best pitchers.

What is their current record?  I'm too lazy to look it up.
37-46

Thanks.  So our games below .500 has shrunk to single digits.  Cool.
And our run differential is -4. The Yankees are 41-42 with a -37 differential. The Pirates are 44-40 with the exact same -4 as the Cubs. Granted, we don't own a monopoly on this; the Mets are 11 games under with a differential of -6.

The Cubs drove to the cellar quickly, being 8-17 on April 29th. Since then, they have been a .500 team.
well like I said this weeks gonna be tough...it was also apparently sweeps week lol

the A's were swept by the tigers

the Reds were swept so hopefully we are playing them at the right time...5 games shesssh

Nationals swept someone

Braves swept someone and now have a 7 game winning streak...hope they cool off soon

Cubs swept the Redsox...and their maybe a few more I forgot from last night
Brewers were swept by the Blue Jays.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 1:27 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



wrigleykid wrote: We really needed the offense to click tonight and they did in a HUGE way...hope they  saved some of that for later because this run before the allstar break is gonna be tough.

3 againt the red hot Nationals
4 against the Reds but oh wait lets not forget a double header so 5 against the Reds
3 against the Braves to finish it off

honestly if we are 10 under at the break I would consider it an accomplishment...but breaking .500 against these three teams could  really make a statement
Starting your July 4th weekend drinking early I see! biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/3/2014 3:47 PM

Re: Cubs will run the Gauntlet before the All-Star break. 



PorkChopExpress12 wrote:
wrigleykid wrote: We really needed the offense to click tonight and they did in a HUGE way...hope they  saved some of that for later because this run before the allstar break is gonna be tough.

3 againt the red hot Nationals
4 against the Reds but oh wait lets not forget a double header so 5 against the Reds
3 against the Braves to finish it off

honestly if we are 10 under at the break I would consider it an accomplishment...but breaking .500 against these three teams could  really make a statement
Starting your July 4th weekend drinking early I see! biggrin
yeah, plenty of hard liquor and "Kool-aid"
Reply | Quote