Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

Game 3

Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 8:26 AM

Game 3 


RT @Cubs #Cubs lineup @Pirates 4/4: DeJesus CF,Castro SS,Rizzo 1B,Soriano LF, Schierholtz RF, Navarro  C,Valbuena 3B, Lillibridge 2B, Wood P
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 11:53 AM

Re: Game 3 


Gooseheads in the first. It's too cold for baseball still.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:02 PM

RE: Game 3 


1st to score will probably win
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:04 PM

RE: Game 3 



CoachK34 wrote: 1st to score will probably win

I am sure both teams would agree to it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:06 PM

Re: Game 3 


Looking at McDonald's record versus the Cubs, and Wood's career numbers at PNC, it would be disappointing if the Cubs lose this because of the weather.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:16 PM

RE: Game 3 



CoachK34 wrote: 1st to score will probably win

I hope so.  biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:27 PM

RE: Game 3 


I'm wrong a lot
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 12:37 PM

RE: Game 3 


A lot of warning track power to start the season. Weather obviously though is playing a big part.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:23 PM

RE: Game 3 


I'll never understand pulling the starter after 6 with a 1 hit shutout
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:23 PM

Re: Game 3 


E-5.  Ruh-roh, Raggy...ohlord
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:28 PM

Re: Game 3 


Lillibuena sucks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:35 PM

Re: Game 3 



KatieCubFan wrote: Lillibuena sucks.
Watch it, Katie--someone might read that and start arguing that the Cubs should have traded prospects for Michael Young.  rolleyes
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:36 PM

Re: Game 3 




---------------------------------------------
--- KatieCubFan wrote:

Lillibuena sucks.

---------------------------------------------

That's a good one!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:37 PM

RE: Game 3 



CoachK34 wrote: I'll never understand pulling the starter after 6 with a 1 hit shutout

Maybe because it is his 1st start of the year and has not built up his arm strength after pitching only 20 innings in spring training
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:39 PM

Re: Game 3 


This is what the game threads have become?  disbelief
Go away Cubs2007, no one cares what you have to say!!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:40 PM

RE: Game 3 




---------------------------------------------
--- cubs2007 wrote:


CoachK34 wrote: I'll never understand pulling the starter after 6 with a 1 hit shutout

Maybe because it is his 1st start of the year and has not built up his arm strength after pitching only 20 innings in spring training

---------------------------------------------

That's probably right since you said it
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:47 PM

Re: Game 3 



chico23 wrote: This is what the game threads have become?  disbelief

They've always been like this.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:51 PM

RE: Game 3 


I think things are lineing up for a Marmol save op.

Buckle up and close your eyes kids. Fujikawa cannot bail us out now.
You don't save a pitcher for tomorrow. Tomorrow it may rain.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:51 PM

Re: Game 3 



KatieCubFan wrote:
chico23 wrote: This is what the game threads have become?  disbelief

They've always been like this.
Title: Game 3?  Remember when there used to be pitchers listed, lineups, etc.  

There was one poster who used to do the game threads all the time...can't remember.  
Now we're stuck with the virus.  

Anyways, go Cubs and Marmol should not be the closer.
Go away Cubs2007, no one cares what you have to say!!!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 4/4/2013 1:52 PM

RE: Game 3 



CoachK34 wrote:

---------------------------------------------
--- cubs2007 wrote:


CoachK34 wrote: I'll never understand pulling the starter after 6 with a 1 hit shutout

Maybe because it is his 1st start of the year and has not built up his arm strength after pitching only 20 innings in spring training

---------------------------------------------

That's probably right since you said it
Then again, maybe Sveum didn't want to push his luck and have Wood face McCutchen for a 3rd time (even though Travis had struck him out twice earlier.)  Btw, in Wood's last four ST starts he threw 18, 36, 40 and 74 pitches, so starting an inning with 85 pitches wouldn't exactly have been out of the question.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >