Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Manzel

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:45 PM

Manzel 


said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/19/2014 7:47 PM

Re: Manzel 



bearbut wrote:

said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.

 

Reply | Quote
  • misky
  • All-Pro
  • 3091 posts this site

Posted: 8/20/2014 1:55 AM

Re: Manzel 


this kid had bust written all over him! leave it to the browns to be the team to draft him !  eek1
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2014 9:21 AM

Re: Manzel 


Looks like Hoyer will be the starter.

The job was ripe for the taking, but Manzell just couldn't get out of his own way. Hopefully for his sake he learns a lesson and some humility.
    -   -   -   -   -   -   -   Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33 AM

Re: Manzel 


He sounds like a candyass to me. If he hangs out with Bieber and all....
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 12:27 PM

Re: Manzel 


part of it is the media hype's fault
most of it is him believing in the media hype

he may or may not be the next best thing...right now, he couldn't even beat out our 3rd string QB
heck Fales has thrown for more yards in a game than him

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2014 4:17 PM

Re: Manzel 



tafkayeah wrote:

part of it is the media hype's fault
most of it is him believing in the media hype

he may or may not be the next best thing...right now, he couldn't even beat out our 3rd string QB
heck Fales has thrown for more yards in a game than him

Manziel is the poster child for bad behavior being enabled by money and media.  Likely there is nobody getting through to him and helping get his head screwed on straight.  The Browns coach is doing what he can but it's tough when the most talented QB on your roster is a head case and the starter isn't good enough to be a backup on most teams.  I'd have made Manziel publicly apologize and then suspended him for a game after that totally classless middle finger stunt.  The Bears organization would never tolerate his behavior so I'm glad he isn't here.

He has the talent to win that QB job, he just doesn't want it bad enough.  A golden opportunity is being wasted on a total clown.  He'd rather party with strippers and Justin Bieber in Vegas now that he's rich.  Hopefully he grows up and puts in the work needed to succeed but so far I'm not impressed.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9179/muntz.jpg

Last edited 8/20/2014 4:21 PM by Muntz

Reply | Quote
  • Army80
  • Special Teamer
  • 220 posts this site

Posted: 8/20/2014 4:32 PM

Re: Manzel 


The Cleveland Brown Staff hijacked their own season by falling into outside pressure to cater to Manzel-mania. The more prudent course would have been to name Hoyer the starter from the beginning, thereby reducing the noise level of Manzel-mania. Give Hoyer all the 1st team reps, which he desperately needed and if Manzel outplayed him from the backup spot, so be it. Take a page from the SB champs who named Flynn the starter, but allowed Wilson to win the locker-room and the confidence of the coaches by his PLAY. Now, its easy to name Wilson the starter because his play on the field made it abundantly clear he was the better player. No drama, no media circus, no clown-car training camp that keeps your entire team from developing much needed chemistry. This is the Cleveland Browns, self hijacking their season. Typical!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/20/2014 4:35 PM

Re: Manzel 



concealed78 wrote: He sounds like a candyass to me. If he hangs out with Bieber and all....
+1.  Total candyass.  Perfect word to describe him.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9179/muntz.jpg

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/20/2014 5:05 PM

Re: Manzel 



njc41980 wrote: Looks like Hoyer will be the starter.

The job was ripe for the taking, but Manzell just couldn't get out of his own way. Hopefully for his sake he learns a lesson and some humility.

The scary thing is that Manzel outplayed Hoyer in the two preseason games. It's just that neither one of them were any good and Johnny Football doesn't have the trust of the coaches nor locker room. His performance on MNF was quite scary too. Seeing a 1st round pick bounce in throws I expect a solid high school QB to compete was kind of funny though. biggrin

"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 8:41 AM

Re: Manzel 



ghostd00d wrote:
bearbut wrote:

said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.
He gave them the finger. People act like he had some kind of emotional breakdown. Difference between Johnny and many others is that he simply doesnt give a **** about being the nice guy, politically correct QB. Score a TD, throw up the bird, the money signs, whatever he wants to do. Good for him. Whats really the difference between all of the **** talk QBs do to opposing offenses than Johnny flipping the bird? Verbal **** yous arent as easy to capture on TV. Thats really it. 

IMO big mistake by the Browns giving Hoyer the starting nod. And i was a fan of what Hoyer did in limited time last season. Im one of the people who thinks Johnny Franchise will end up being a good pro as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell.

"Steady progress in the goal of winning championships."- Phil Emery
Reply | Quote
  • edjy71
  • Pro Bowler
  • 1845 posts this site
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:30 AM

Re: Manzel 


Please tell me the Browns are playing the Eagles IN Philly this year, because that would be entertaining as hell!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:59 AM

Re: Manzel 



Anytime23 wrote:
ghostd00d wrote:
bearbut wrote:

said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.
He gave them the finger. People act like he had some kind of emotional breakdown. Difference between Johnny and many others is that he simply doesnt give a **** about being the nice guy, politically correct QB. Score a TD, throw up the bird, the money signs, whatever he wants to do. Good for him. Whats really the difference between all of the **** talk QBs do to opposing offenses than Johnny flipping the bird? Verbal **** yous arent as easy to capture on TV. Thats really it. 

IMO big mistake by the Browns giving Hoyer the starting nod. And i was a fan of what Hoyer did in limited time last season. Im one of the people who thinks Johnny Franchise will end up being a good pro as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell.
Honestly, for a minute there i thought you were talking about Jay. I agree with pretty much everything you say but if he wants an example of how stupid fans and media (and even other NFL players)can make your life difficult if you have the attitude you just described, all he needs to do is look at Jay Cutler. And Jay never went out of his way to be an *** to anybody, he just never hid the fact that he pretty much didn't care. Johnny Football is going out of his way to make sure everybody knows he is a self entitled, self absorbed, self important jackass.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:19 AM

Re: Manzel 


More importantly, Johnny does not have the physical or mental ability to play QB at the NFL level.

Said it before the draft, I'm saying it now, and will continue to say it.

He will not succeed.

And the Browns drafting him with their first pick, is exactly why the Cleveland Browns are, the Cleveland Browns.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 1:49 PM

Re: Manzel 





---------------------------------------------
--- PeanutCB33 wrote:


Anytime23 wrote:
ghostd00d wrote:
bearbut wrote:said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.
He gave them the finger. People act like he had some kind of emotional breakdown. Difference between Johnny and many others is that he simply doesnt give a **** about being the nice guy, politically correct QB. Score a TD, throw up the bird, the money signs, whatever he wants to do. Good for him. Whats really the difference between all of the **** talk QBs do to opposing offenses than Johnny flipping the bird? Verbal **** yous arent as easy to capture on TV. Thats really it. 

IMO big mistake by the Browns giving Hoyer the starting nod. And i was a fan of what Hoyer did in limited time last season. Im one of the people who thinks Johnny Franchise will end up being a good pro as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell.
Honestly, for a minute there i thought you were talking about Jay. I agree with pretty much everything you say but if he wants an example of how stupid fans and media (and even other NFL players)can make your life difficult if you have the attitude you just described, all he needs to do is look at Jay Cutler. And Jay never went out of his way to be an *** to anybody, he just never hid the fact that he pretty much didn't care. Johnny Football is going out of his way to make sure everybody knows he is a self entitled, self absorbed, self important jackass.

---------------------------------------------
Yeah, key difference between the Manziel "I don't care" and Cutler's version is that Jay isn't trying to be Jay Hollywood or whatever buzzy nickname the media can give him.

Manziel WANTS that spotlight and in truth, he's getting it. He's gotta learn really fast though that getting caught flipping off the other team because you're sucking will not win anyone's respect. That is, if he even cares to win it.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 1:55 PM

Re: Manzel 



edjy71 wrote: Please tell me the Browns are playing the Eagles IN Philly this year, because that would be entertaining as hell!
Nope.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 2:02 PM

Re: Manzel 



Anytime23 wrote:
ghostd00d wrote:
bearbut wrote:

said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.
He gave them the finger. People act like he had some kind of emotional breakdown. Difference between Johnny and many others is that he simply doesnt give a **** about being the nice guy, politically correct QB. Score a TD, throw up the bird, the money signs, whatever he wants to do. Good for him. Whats really the difference between all of the **** talk QBs do to opposing offenses than Johnny flipping the bird? Verbal **** yous arent as easy to capture on TV. Thats really it. 

IMO big mistake by the Browns giving Hoyer the starting nod. And i was a fan of what Hoyer did in limited time last season. Im one of the people who thinks Johnny Franchise will end up being a good pro as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell.
Well it cost him $12,000 & he still hasn't played a regular season game. The problem is he's a Bieber that hasn't earned or proved anything yet whom has a bad attitude. He has a target painted on himself & he just made his life a lot harder. I just can't root for people like him. There's nothing old school about him.
 
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:44 PM

Re: Manzel 



concealed78 wrote:
Anytime23 wrote:
ghostd00d wrote:
bearbut wrote:

said the reason he flipped the bird is because he is getting so much crap from the other team....game in and game out....I might be wrong but hasn't he only played in 2 games and not that much in each game. He made it sound like he has been in the NFL for years and finally couldn't take it any more. Man what an Idiot.


And he thinks that was bad?  Now look out.  He just gave 31 teams the recipe for getting under his skin.  He truly is a moron and will fail.
He gave them the finger. People act like he had some kind of emotional breakdown. Difference between Johnny and many others is that he simply doesnt give a **** about being the nice guy, politically correct QB. Score a TD, throw up the bird, the money signs, whatever he wants to do. Good for him. Whats really the difference between all of the **** talk QBs do to opposing offenses than Johnny flipping the bird? Verbal **** yous arent as easy to capture on TV. Thats really it. 

IMO big mistake by the Browns giving Hoyer the starting nod. And i was a fan of what Hoyer did in limited time last season. Im one of the people who thinks Johnny Franchise will end up being a good pro as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell.
Well it cost him $12,000 & he still hasn't played a regular season game. The problem is he's a Bieber that hasn't earned or proved anything yet whom has a bad attitude. He has a target painted on himself & he just made his life a lot harder. I just can't root for people like him. There's nothing old school about him.
Dude is Tim Tebow in reverse.  He has the devil sitting on his shoulder.  But I think Tebow has a better arm.  You see that crap he was throwing at the recievers feet?

I can't wait for him to take off running and a true NFL Linebacker welcome him properly into the NFL.  The guy is a loser.

Just look up the word "punk" in the Webster's dictionary.  They have a picture of Johnny Fricking Football

 

Last edited 8/22/2014 7:53 PM by ghostd00d

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:11 AM

Re: Manzel 



FloridaBearsFan wrote: More importantly, Johnny does not have the physical or mental ability to play QB at the NFL level.

Said it before the draft, I'm saying it now, and will continue to say it.

He will not succeed.

And the Browns drafting him with their first pick, is exactly why the Cleveland Browns are, the Cleveland Browns.
I'm with you FBF. I'll be shocked if this guy succeeds in the NFL. With his athleticism he might be able to overcome the size limitations but that 10 cent head of his says bust to me.

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." - Mike Ditka
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:20 AM

Re: Manzel 


I'm going to offer a contrarian opinion about this particular incident.  While Manziel is definitely a dickweed, this kind of thing happens all the time in sports.  Guys trash talk each other, make gestures, etc.  It just so happens he got caught on camera due to the increased media attention on him during the game.  Anybody who's sat near a football bench, hockey bench, or baseball dugout knows the conversations that really go on are quite different from what's being displayed on the very filtered and censored TV broadcast.  Guys on the bench taunt guys on the field and vice versa.

The only reason this is a big deal is because of increased media scrutiny and his prior reputation.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. -Albert Einstein

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >