Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

No more TD celebrations

Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 4:50 PM

No more TD celebrations 


and no more trash talking.  15 yard penalty.  Is this a good thing or is it the continued pussification of the NFL?

I tend to agree that the TD celebrations are overboard.  I hope this goes for everything on the field.  That would mean we don't have to watch Allen's Sack dance all year.


Discussbiggrin

 

Last edited 8/1/2014 5:28 PM by ghostd00d

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:22 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


I like following the class act of Walter Payton, who would either hand the ball off to an official or one of his linemen after scoring a TD.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:29 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


I agree that Walter had class but i don't mind a little celebration as long as it does not get out of hand. Dunking the ball over the goal post, pumping your fist, beating your chest or high fiving or chest bumping team mates all seem ok to me.
  If it some prolonged celebration that slows down the pace of the game, such as the player jumping into the stands and celebrating with fans, then it is going to far. Or if it is something that goes beyond celebrating and becomes poor sportsmanship, also going too far.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:34 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


Yep.  Anything that lasts as long or longer than the Lambeau Leap should be penalized for poor sportsmanship!  I wholeheartedly agree!  cool

Last edited 8/1/2014 5:46 PM by chicagoHOOSIER

Reply | Quote
  • 638507
  • Starter
  • 760 posts this site

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:41 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



GOAT34forever wrote: I like following the class act of Walter Payton, who would either hand the ball off to an official or one of his linemen after scoring a TD.
And try to tickle the player who tackled him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 5:52 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



chicagoHOOSIER wrote: Yep.  Anything that lasts as long or longer than the Lambeau Leap should be penalized for poor sportsmanship!  I wholeheartedly agree!  cool

I wonder if the Lambeau leap has been included.

 

Reply | Quote
  • gcoop33
  • Hall of Famer
  • 11054 posts this site

Posted: 8/1/2014 6:19 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


The whole thing sounds stupid....that being said if the leap isn't included in that then it's bull sht.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 6:43 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



gcoop33 wrote: The whole thing sounds stupid....that being said if the leap isn't included in that then it's bull sht.

Someone on the Lions board said the Lambaeu leap was grandfathered in.

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 7:07 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


I think it's total bullshit. What the hell is wrong with a quick little celebration of a touchdown?

I don't personally care for it from my players if we are badly losing, but either way to make it a penalty is a bunch of crap.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 8:30 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


If the Lameblow Leap is in they should all be in.

At this point I think Gooddell is just changing sh!t to change sh!t. So he can say..."look at all the sh!t I changed" when he retires.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 8:43 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



TheBowlPole wrote: If the Lameblow Leap is in they should all be in.

At this point I think Gooddell is just changing sh!t to change sh!t. So he can say..."look at all the sh!t I changed" when he retires.
This.

HudsonIllini wrote: Yeah remember when we had a TEAM to cheer for?! Without the people in A section (major donors) this program doesn't pay the bills. I sold or gave mine out so mine were not empty. Got good $ from a UM fan for today's game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 8:57 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
    -   -   -   -   -   -   -   Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:10 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


This isn't really the case. Again, it's still if they find it excessive, not much really has changed from last year in this regard. Minus the dunking part. Which I find  a bit over the top. Maybe discouraging "hanging" part of it.  However, outside of that no real big changes.  Trash talking, they are going to watch for racial and other humanitarian type of slurs.  Trash talking still allowed.  You don't need to make an ethnic or question someone's sexuality to be able to trash talk.  If you talk smack referring to someone as a punk.. your going to be ok.. let's put it that way.

 This really isn't very accurate.  I am not a fan of RG at all, so not liking that you are making me appear to defend him lol.

 

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 9:24 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



njc41980 wrote: What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
The NFL will likely applaud it.

HudsonIllini wrote: Yeah remember when we had a TEAM to cheer for?! Without the people in A section (major donors) this program doesn't pay the bills. I sold or gave mine out so mine were not empty. Got good $ from a UM fan for today's game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/1/2014 10:25 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



Illinijockstrap wrote:
njc41980 wrote: What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
The NFL will likely applaud it.

So we are talking about another totally "subjective" penalty.  So if the refs in GB think 9 GB packers jumping in the stands after  a TD is ok.......then other refs flagging a Raider for chest bumping a teamate after a TD in Denver.  Yeah...this is going to be a real success.

 

Last edited 8/1/2014 10:27 PM by ghostd00d

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 10:55 AM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


You nailed it, more subjective B.S.!!!    I would love to see a Bear leap into the stands at GB just to piss off their fans and the league (with the Bears way ahead). 
ghostd00d wrote:
Illinijockstrap wrote:
njc41980 wrote: What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
The NFL will likely applaud it.

So we are talking about another totally "subjective" penalty.  So if the refs in GB think 9 GB packers jumping in the stands after  a TD is ok.......then other refs flagging a Raider for chest bumping a teamate after a TD in Denver.  Yeah...this is going to be a real success.

Last edited 8/2/2014 10:58 AM by marlon48

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:06 AM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



marlon48 wrote: You nailed it, more subjective B.S.!!!    I would love to see a Bear leap into the stands at GB just to piss off their fans and the league (with the Bears way ahead). 
ghostd00d wrote:
Illinijockstrap wrote:
njc41980 wrote: What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
The NFL will likely applaud it.

So we are talking about another totally "subjective" penalty.  So if the refs in GB think 9 GB packers jumping in the stands after  a TD is ok.......then other refs flagging a Raider for chest bumping a teamate after a TD in Denver.  Yeah...this is going to be a real success.


I have seen players from other teams try it, but they usually get pushed back down pretty quickly. I think one time I recall another team looking for fans from their team in the lambeau field endzone and doing the leap with them. That was pretty cool.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:13 AM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


You're right, Pack fans will throw you back out, and you can find pockets of opponents fans in the corners.   
TexasBearsFan wrote:
marlon48 wrote: You nailed it, more subjective B.S.!!!    I would love to see a Bear leap into the stands at GB just to piss off their fans and the league (with the Bears way ahead). 
ghostd00d wrote:
Illinijockstrap wrote:
njc41980 wrote: What about the "championship belt" gig from that arrogant prick?
The NFL will likely applaud it.

So we are talking about another totally "subjective" penalty.  So if the refs in GB think 9 GB packers jumping in the stands after  a TD is ok.......then other refs flagging a Raider for chest bumping a teamate after a TD in Denver.  Yeah...this is going to be a real success.


I have seen players from other teams try it, but they usually get pushed back down pretty quickly. I think one time I recall another team looking for fans from their team in the lambeau field endzone and doing the leap with them. That was pretty cool.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/2/2014 11:38 AM

Re: No more TD celebrations 


If some team got smart, they would practice lining up quick after every uncontested TD and pull off a 2-point conversion before the defense had time to set.

They could then celebrate a victory at the end of the game.

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/2/2014 12:31 PM

Re: No more TD celebrations 



No such thing as an uncontested touchdown, every one of them is reviewed. So that wouldn't work.

---------------------------------------------
--- GOAT34forever wrote:

If some team got smart, they would practice lining up quick after every uncontested TD and pull off a 2-point conversion before the defense had time to set.

They could then celebrate a victory at the end of the game.



---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >