Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record....

Posted: 6/30/2014 3:17 PM

OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ24UHbhFM8

The poster said it's legit and gave some evidence as to why but IDK. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a "God Mode" on there. But still fun as **** to watch someone tear through it like that. It was one of the first games I ever beat. Good memories, figure after all the crazy bickering the past week or so we can use a topic that is fun and silly. biggrin

"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/1/2014 3:51 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


I started watching run throughs on Youtube all the Nintendo games I never finished as a kid. The end of SBM 3 was pretty weak. When I was a kid when I went shopping with my mom during the summer I would head to the magazine section & start reading Nintendo Power magazine to look for cheats & tips.

In SBM 1, in World 3-1 near the end at the staircase, where the two Koopa Troopa are, I totally accidentally discovered gaining extra Mario lives stomping repeatedly on the 2nd one. It was the 1st game I ever beat. I still play those games now but as ROMs. Recently discovered you can play all those shooter games like Duck Hunt & Wild Gunman by selecting an option & you can use your mouse as the gun.

Just the other day I downloaded the original Japanese versions of RBI Baseball - Pro Yakyuu Family Stadium & later versions Famistad. But I was totally stoked to find someone made a 2013 version with all 30 MLB teams AND a Super Tecmo Bowl 2013 NFL updated rosters version with all 32 teams!
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/1/2014 4:32 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


Pretty funny to go back and look at how short those games were back then. We used to shell out some nice cash for games that really didn't last long. That is why you had to come up with ways of beating it. Like in Ice Hockey, I once beat every team in a row playing on the hardest level with the time at the max. According to the manual, that is how you beat the game. My Nintendo thumb was hurting that night! biggrin

I remember that was so cool about Sega CD. They had games that were much involved and really had to put some time into in order to beat it. And obviously the graphics and the music got way better. Games started having their own soundtracks. I remember playing "Batman Returns" for it and just loving the music, LOL! But those old Nintendo games were special.

"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/1/2014 6:10 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


I had a plain 'ol Sega Genesis but I never liked the graphics (way too much dot matrix; very distracting) nor did I find anything fun outside of Madden. By then I was investing in computer games which had superior graphics. But I will always like Nintendo. 4-bit isn't enough, 16-bit is too much but 8-bit is just right  tongue I used to either borrow games from friends to try or go to the video store & rent them for 3 days.
 
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 1:12 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


Sega Genesis was very hit or miss. I really love a lot of their sports games like NHL (94' was the best, JR was unstoppable), Madden and NBA Live along with some other games like Mortal Combat but a lot really missed the mark. I thought Sega CD actually had the better games. From Sherlock, Batman Returns, Dragon's Lair (though my brother and I were so disgusted with ourselves since a decade earlier we wasted so many quarters playing that at the arcade, we could just waited for the home version lol), World War (that game took a good chunk of my summer in 1994), etc. But I do agree, Nintendo was the superior system for it's time. And if your fan of it, you have to love this! biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UDoSc-fRpg


"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 1:41 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 


I beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punchout multiple times. Could probably whoop him in real life too :)



 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 6:19 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 





---------------------------------------------
--- jimmyray78 wrote:

I beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punchout multiple times. Could probably whoop him in real life too :)

---------------------------------------------

That game put me on the map in elementary school. First kid in the school to beat it. The junior high kids heard about it and invited over one day after school to see if I could do it again. TKO him in the second and everyone went crazy Lol.
"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:39 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 



Cubfan41 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- jimmyray78 wrote:

I beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punchout multiple times. Could probably whoop him in real life too :)

---------------------------------------------

That game put me on the map in elementary school. First kid in the school to beat it. The junior high kids heard about it and invited over one day after school to see if I could do it again. TKO him in the second and everyone went crazy Lol.
Ok, I confess. I had the game genie and put in the cheat code where I couldn't get knocked down. Once I beat him a few times with the genie and had the timing down, I could beat the game regularly. Man, I miss my Nintendo.



 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/2/2014 8:09 PM

Re: OT: Super Mario Brothers Speed Record.... 



jimmyray78 wrote:
Cubfan41 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- jimmyray78 wrote:

I beat Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punchout multiple times. Could probably whoop him in real life too :)

---------------------------------------------

That game put me on the map in elementary school. First kid in the school to beat it. The junior high kids heard about it and invited over one day after school to see if I could do it again. TKO him in the second and everyone went crazy Lol.
Ok, I confess. I had the game genie and put in the cheat code where I couldn't get knocked down. Once I beat him a few times with the genie and had the timing down, I could beat the game regularly. Man, I miss my Nintendo.
Took a long ass time to get the timing down just right with Tyson. Still wasn't as hard as trying to land the damn plane in Top Gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9RJ_SCRfM

I pretty crashed every time. Only remember actually landing a handful of times. Trying to refuel wasn't a picnic either.

Still was such a great system. Only our generation knows what "Nintendo Thumb" is. And who could ever forget how we would fix it when you turn it on and the screen looked funny. biggrin


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gf9mtXnJfM
"Illusions Micheal, illusions. Tricks are something that a whore does for money.....or cocaine". - Gob Bluth

Last edited 7/2/2014 8:09 PM by Cubfan41

Reply | Quote