Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Post New Topic
  Page of 11  Next >

OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring?

  • jago56
  • Starter
  • 859 posts this site

Posted: 6/22/2014 6:34 PM

OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Seems like we are all supposed to be excited by the World Cup.  Sorry, but it reminds me of the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.  The truth is we all know that it isn't very exciting.
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 6:40 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 



jago56 wrote: Seems like we are all supposed to be excited by the World Cup.  Sorry, but it reminds me of the story of the Emperor's New Clothes.  The truth is we all know that it isn't very exciting.

Yes it is.  Rather watch paint dry.

 

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:04 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


I guess 5 billion people are wrong.  Maybe because the sport was invented elsewhere, or maybe because the US men's team is not really that good....who knows.

But if you are not excited watching World Cup soccer matches you are in the vast minority.  There is probably nothing more exciting in all of sports as the World Cup when you have a great match going.  I don't watch and MLS, who wants to watch fourth string players play a sport.  But the World Cup?  Maybe you don't find that exciting, but I sure do....and I guess so does the rest of the world population.

Every four years....nothing wrong with watching a sport every four years for about a month, then totally forgetting about it until it rolls around the next time.
  • jago56
  • Starter
  • 859 posts this site

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:12 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Of course all are free to have their own opinions.  What I find interesting, you may find dull as heck.  But the fact that 5 billion (?) people like it means absolutely nothing to me.  I reserve the right to hold my own opinion and don't feel duty bound to like soccer just because others do.

Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:15 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


And some people (me) think that NBA basketball is painfully boring. Some people appreciate watching a sport where it's difficult to score. All that said, there might be something wrong with anyone who couldn't find excitement in that last game. That was a thrilling sporting event.
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:17 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 



davesned29 wrote: And some people (me) think that NBA basketball is painfully boring. Some people appreciate watching a sport where it's difficult to score. All that said, there might be something wrong with anyone who couldn't find excitement in that last game. That was a thrilling sporting event.
Still rather watch paint dry.  Could care less what 5 billion and ABF think

 

Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:21 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


5 Billion (a ridiculous number by-the-way) watch soccer because the majority of those countries have no other sport to watch.

"At the end of the day, it's just a game."

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:37 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Yeah, you can say it, but lots of folks enjoy it including my folks in Jamaica...
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:41 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Good point. soccer is a global sport.

Personally, I don't care for it. USA could be favored and I still really don't care. I'm not one of those types who watch and cheer just because it's USA. I like USA Hockey, wrestling, basketball and some of the winter sports. I do find it boring and it's not because of the scoring. There's scoring opportunities which are exciting but it's everything in gl between and it's the guys laying on the floor for 3 minutes just to catch their breath. Only time I plan on watching it is if it's a bunch if Brazilian chicks in thongs or....well that's it. Not saying it's a bad sport. Just not for me.


---------------------------------------------
--- 405134 wrote:

5 Billion (a ridiculous number by-the-way) watch soccer because the majority of those countries have no other sport to watch.

---------------------------------------------

"Steady progress in the goal of winning championships."- Phil Emery

Posted: 6/22/2014 7:56 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Uh...that is pretty ignorant.  There are lots of countries who have a multitude of sports to watch or listen to.  Just because YOU don't like it does not mean the rest of the world does not....and yes, 5 billion is about right.

Come on....let me hear you shout it.  You know you neanderthals do it....U-S-A!!  U-S-A!!  There, I spelled it for you so it might be easier for some of you....

---figures you would like wrestling......lol.
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 8:09 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


I am cool that other people aren't into soccer.

I, however, played a lot of soccer  growing up so I am really into the World Cup.  The game earlier was really exciting.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 8:25 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


I always figured that if God had intended for me to play soccer, he wouldn't have given me arms.
    -   -   -   -   -   -   -   Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 8:47 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 




There are approx. 7 billion people on the entire planet. And 5 billion of them are watching soccer? And you are calling others ignorant? LMAO

The last cup drew 24 million American viewers. 7 percent of the American population. So I guess that only leaves 4 billion 976 million more for the rest of the planet to pick up the difference.

Please, keep going. This is good stuff.
---------------------------------------------
--- AngryBearsFan wrote:

Uh...that is pretty ignorant.  There are lots of countries who have a multitude of sports to watch or listen to.  Just because YOU don't like it does not mean the rest of the world does not....and yes, 5 billion is about right.

Come on....let me hear you shout it.  You know you neanderthals do it....U-S-A!!  U-S-A!!  There, I spelled it for you so it might be easier for some of you....

---figures you would like wrestling......lol.

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 6/22/2014 9:35 PM by FloridaBearsFan

Posted: 6/22/2014 8:59 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Most popular restaurant worldwide by a large margin?


Mc Donald's


Must be the best food in the world, right?  At least good?  Oh, it tastes worse than chewing feculant horseshit and is somehow less healthy too?

#USA.USA

#Feculent

Posted: 6/22/2014 9:05 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


Most popular celebrity worldwide?

Oprah Winfrey.

#IsThisThreadStillOpen?

Posted: 6/22/2014 9:20 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


I played a ton when I was young. Relatively speaking I was actually pretty damn good. But watching it? Even back when I was playing it I hated watching it. Just not my thing. I can appreciate that there are some excellent players out there but...I just don't give a damn. However... I think I'd watch the world cup rather watch paint dry. At least the players move
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 9:48 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


I don't remember seeing anyone say that the rest of the world doesn't like soccer.

"You would like wrestling". What's that supposed to mean? I wrestled in high school. I enjoyed it. I enjoy watching it. You probably don't know anything about it, besides that you wouldn't have been cut out for it.


---------------------------------------------
--- AngryBearsFan wrote:

Uh...that is pretty ignorant.  There are lots of countries who have a multitude of sports to watch or listen to.  Just because YOU don't like it does not mean the rest of the world does not....and yes, 5 billion is about right.

Come on....let me hear you shout it.  You know you neanderthals do it....U-S-A!!  U-S-A!!  There, I spelled it for you so it might be easier for some of you....

---figures you would like wrestling......lol.

---------------------------------------------

"Steady progress in the goal of winning championships."- Phil Emery
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 10:07 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 



The World Cup is as awful as the Olympics. Every four years is too often. Make it 6 billion and I'd still rather poke my eyes out.

It's a lame argument to say lots of people like it. Lots of counties don't have the nfl or any other pro sports.

Most of the world hates America too.

If God wanted us to play soccer he wouldn't have given us arms.

---------------------------------------------
--- AngryBearsFan wrote:

I guess 5 billion people are wrong.  Maybe because the sport was invented elsewhere, or maybe because the US men's team is not really that good....who knows.

But if you are not excited watching World Cup soccer matches you are in the vast minority.  There is probably nothing more exciting in all of sports as the World Cup when you have a great match going.  I don't watch and MLS, who wants to watch fourth string players play a sport.  But the World Cup?  Maybe you don't find that exciting, but I sure do....and I guess so does the rest of the world population.

Every four years....nothing wrong with watching a sport every four years for about a month, then totally forgetting about it until it rolls around the next time.

---------------------------------------------
"Serenity Now"
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 10:11 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 



I thought wrestling was done?

Oh and Brazilian girls in thongs could do anything and I'd watch.

I don't care if others like soccer, good for them.

I just hate the people that say it's the best because it's a global sport and blah blah blah.

I don't know the numbers but I'd guess your average American knows nothing about soccer. I couldn't name a single player in the World Cup and I'm fine with that.

Olympic curling is more fun if you ask me and I'm not kidding.

---------------------------------------------
--- Anytime23 wrote:

Good point. soccer is a global sport.

Personally, I don't care for it. USA could be favored and I still really don't care. I'm not one of those types who watch and cheer just because it's USA. I like USA Hockey, wrestling, basketball and some of the winter sports. I do find it boring and it's not because of the scoring. There's scoring opportunities which are exciting but it's everything in gl between and it's the guys laying on the floor for 3 minutes just to catch their breath. Only time I plan on watching it is if it's a bunch if Brazilian chicks in thongs or....well that's it. Not saying it's a bad sport. Just not for me.


---------------------------------------------
--- 405134 wrote:

5 Billion (a ridiculous number by-the-way) watch soccer because the majority of those countries have no other sport to watch.

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
"Serenity Now"
Avatar

Posted: 6/22/2014 10:14 PM

Re: OT: Is it OK to say Soccer is Deadly Boring? 


What other sports is Portugal known for? I haven seen it on ESPN or anywhere lately. Who's the biggest name in Portugal sports?

What's wrong with Olympic wrestling? At least they don't fall down and cry if someone steps on their shoes!


---------------------------------------------
--- AngryBearsFan wrote:

Uh...that is pretty ignorant.  There are lots of countries who have a multitude of sports to watch or listen to.  Just because YOU don't like it does not mean the rest of the world does not....and yes, 5 billion is about right.

Come on....let me hear you shout it.  You know you neanderthals do it....U-S-A!!  U-S-A!!  There, I spelled it for you so it might be easier for some of you....

---figures you would like wrestling......lol.

---------------------------------------------
"Serenity Now"
Post New Topic
  Page of 11  Next >