Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Bowl Call

Posted: 12/3/2012 3:38 PM

Bowl Call 


Alright, the Falcons are bowling this year!

The question now is who is going? if you aren't, then it's time to ante up and donate some tickets so cadets or local military can go.

The team is staying at the Omni hotel in Ft Worth and will get there on the 24th.

My plans are still in the air but I will donate regardless.

Go Birds!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/3/2012 5:38 PM

Re: Bowl Call 


Although we all wished for a better outcome to the season, our Falcons are going to a bowl game; extra game, practice, and trip to Ft Worth. Still a successful year!

Can't make the game but donated four tickets for our fans. Go Air Force, beat the Owls!!!biggrin

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/3/2012 6:30 PM

Re: Bowl Call 


Simlers will be there and there will be a Thudgate!

Mike
Reply | Quote
  • fzimo
  • AFAFalcon fan
  • 650 posts this site

Posted: 12/4/2012 8:04 AM

Re: Bowl Call 


This morning's Wall Street Journal calls it "The Right Stuff" Bowl.  (Armed Force Bowl: Air Force vs Rice, Dec 29 in Fort Worth, Texas). A collection of America's brightest collegians joins forces with elite astronauts to create something special  - in this case a meaningless bowl game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 8:15 AM

Re: Bowl Call 


Shocking! The response to this Bowl Call replicates those AF home games where so many Falcon "fans" find an excuse to not attend because of one reason or another i.e. the opponent isn't worthy of my presence, the game isn't being played on the right day and time, the weather sucks, my supply of Preperation H ran out and it is too difficult to sit on my ass like I normally do, the sun gets in my eyes etc. etc.

Well just like those home games this bowl game will have the true Falcon Fanatics there doing a better job of being loud and proud than if 20,000 of those fair weather fans showed up. We will be there with the parents, family and friends of the unworthy Falcon football players who shouldn't have had the opportunity to play one last game due to a flawed bowl system.

It will be my pleasure and honor to be there with the loyal few or those who got the opportunity to go because of donated tickets from them. To those Fanatics who wanted to be there, but have circumstances which prevent that from happening I know you'll be glued to the TV until the last tick of the game clock.

GO FALCONS SLASH THE OWLS!

Mike
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 10:46 AM

Re: Bowl Call 


I bow down to the 'real' Falcon fans on this forum...noidea

Wish I could go. Can't. I imagine there are other Falcon Football fans who are in the same boat.

Excited to donate tickets
thuddriverson wrote: Shocking! The response to this Bowl Call replicates those AF home games where so many Falcon "fans" find an excuse to not attend because of one reason or another i.e. the opponent isn't worthy of my presence, the game isn't being played on the right day and time, the weather sucks, my supply of Preperation H ran out and it is too difficult to sit on my ass like I normally do, the sun gets in my eyes etc. etc.

Well just like those home games this bowl game will have the true Falcon Fanatics there doing a better job of being loud and proud than if 20,000 of those fair weather fans showed up. We will be there with the parents, family and friends of the unworthy Falcon football players who shouldn't have had the opportunity to play one last game due to a flawed bowl system.

It will be my pleasure and honor to be there with the loyal few or those who got the opportunity to go because of donated tickets from them. To those Fanatics who wanted to be there, but have circumstances which prevent that from happening I know you'll be glued to the TV until the last tick of the game clock.

GO FALCONS SLASH THE OWLS!

Mike
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 11:15 AM

Re: Bowl Call 


T,

Let's not be overly sensitive as I knew some would be in responding, take look at what I said about those Fanatics who want to be there but have circumstances preventing them from doing so. To date I haven't heard you say the Falcons shouldn't be there because they are unworthy or your upset with the current bowl system that allows them to be there.

Mike
TBang wrote: I bow down to the 'real' Falcon fans on this forum...noidea

Wish I could go. Can't. I imagine there are other Falcon Football fans who are in the same boat.

Excited to donate tickets
thuddriverson wrote: Shocking! The response to this Bowl Call replicates those AF home games where so many Falcon "fans" find an excuse to not attend because of one reason or another i.e. the opponent isn't worthy of my presence, the game isn't being played on the right day and time, the weather sucks, my supply of Preperation H ran out and it is too difficult to sit on my ass like I normally do, the sun gets in my eyes etc. etc.

Well just like those home games this bowl game will have the true Falcon Fanatics there doing a better job of being loud and proud than if 20,000 of those fair weather fans showed up. We will be there with the parents, family and friends of the unworthy Falcon football players who shouldn't have had the opportunity to play one last game due to a flawed bowl system.

It will be my pleasure and honor to be there with the loyal few or those who got the opportunity to go because of donated tickets from them. To those Fanatics who wanted to be there, but have circumstances which prevent that from happening I know you'll be glued to the TV until the last tick of the game clock.

GO FALCONS SLASH THE OWLS!

Mike
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 12:07 PM

Re: Bowl Call 


Am IN for THUDGATE!

Have a crew of 10 coming in and a special appearance from "SKITTLES" :)
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/4/2012 12:19 PM

Re: Bowl Call 


I'm bringing a party of five and hosting some very good friends in addition!  It's going to be fun!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/4/2012 1:04 PM

Re: Bowl Call 


Thud. I knew you'd be overly sensitive to my response. tongue

I knew exactly what you meant, but responded to what you said. Sometimes those are different things, and I was just poking a little fun. :)

Looking forward to many of the bowl games this year!

thuddriverson wrote: T,

Let's not be overly sensitive as I knew some would be in responding, take look at what I said about those Fanatics who want to be there but have circumstances preventing them from doing so. To date I haven't heard you say the Falcons shouldn't be there because they are unworthy or your upset with the current bowl system that allows them to be there.

Mike
TBang wrote: I bow down to the 'real' Falcon fans on this forum...noidea

Wish I could go. Can't. I imagine there are other Falcon Football fans who are in the same boat.

Excited to donate tickets
thuddriverson wrote: Shocking! The response to this Bowl Call replicates those AF home games where so many Falcon "fans" find an excuse to not attend because of one reason or another i.e. the opponent isn't worthy of my presence, the game isn't being played on the right day and time, the weather sucks, my supply of Preperation H ran out and it is too difficult to sit on my ass like I normally do, the sun gets in my eyes etc. etc.

Well just like those home games this bowl game will have the true Falcon Fanatics there doing a better job of being loud and proud than if 20,000 of those fair weather fans showed up. We will be there with the parents, family and friends of the unworthy Falcon football players who shouldn't have had the opportunity to play one last game due to a flawed bowl system.

It will be my pleasure and honor to be there with the loyal few or those who got the opportunity to go because of donated tickets from them. To those Fanatics who wanted to be there, but have circumstances which prevent that from happening I know you'll be glued to the TV until the last tick of the game clock.

GO FALCONS SLASH THE OWLS!

Mike
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >