Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >

5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards

Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:35 PM

5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Hello?

I'll start. Mets losing 3-0. Gee not fooling anyone. Well, he actually fooled himself, he started walking off after he got the second out.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:36 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 




---------------------------------------------
--- Swoboda4 wrote:

Hello?

I'll start. Mets losing 3-0. Gee not fooling anyone. Well, he actually fooled himself, he started walking off after he got the second out.

---------------------------------------------

Yeah, and a terrible throw by Ike "but I am practically a gold glover" Davis.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:38 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Anyone thinking we're on the right track is being delusional.

It's heading south. After the Keys, it's only water.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:42 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Bottom 1 and Gee is issuing 2 walks.
1st a lead off walk.

Any surprise they are down 3-0?

Mets pitchers and BB's. Starters and pen.
Utterly disgusting.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:42 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 




---------------------------------------------
--- EddyBarzoon wrote:

Anyone thinking we're on the right track is being delusional.

It's heading south. After the Keys, it's only water.

---------------------------------------------

It got late early.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:44 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 




---------------------------------------------
--- Swoboda4 wrote:



---------------------------------------------
--- EddyBarzoon wrote:

Anyone thinking we're on the right track is being delusional.

It's heading south. After the Keys, it's only water.

---------------------------------------------

It got late early.

---------------------------------------------

It's unreal how bad this looks with an expectation that 2014 is the turn 82-85 wins?
No way. Not with the sludge that is going on.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:47 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


It has really gotten to the painful level of watching
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:48 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


David Wright and Harvey. Maybe Parnell. Maybe Murph.

The rest looks to be blown up. There's no way 2014 is the turn when you only have 4 pieces.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:50 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 



EddyBarzoon wrote: David Wright and Harvey. Maybe Parnell. Maybe Murph.

The rest looks to be blown up. There's no way 2014 is the turn when you only have 4 pieces.
I was hoping for Gee, and I believe Niese's problems are probably short term.  But point taken.
Mets trade away reigning CY Young award winner.
Still have the best pitcher in Baseball.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:51 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Even if Gee finishes strong...who cares.  Theres 3 runs on the board in the first and thats hard to overcme for this offense.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:53 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 




---------------------------------------------
--- EddyBarzoon wrote:

David Wright and Harvey. Maybe Parnell. Maybe Murph.

The rest looks to be blown up. There's no way 2014 is the turn when you only have 4 pieces.

---------------------------------------------

Agreed.

We need to start some kind of powerball pool in here, with a pact that if we win we buy this dog show of an organization.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/14/2013 8:56 PM

RE: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Teams shouldn't waste their starting pitching on us. They should just ship up someone from the minors for spot starts.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:06 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Someone mentioned this around a week ago. Think Wright is having regrets about signing long term here?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:12 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 




---------------------------------------------
--- danfran wrote:

Someone mentioned this around a week ago. Think Wright is having regrets about signing long term here?

---------------------------------------------

I think Wright truly likes playing in NY....
but he's an island unto himself right now.

No support.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:14 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


So Dillon Gee is pretty lousy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:16 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 



danfran wrote: Someone mentioned this around a week ago. Think Wright is having regrets about signing long term here?

He can opt out in a couple of years if he really wants to.  Atlanta probably looks really good to him right now.
Mets trade away reigning CY Young award winner.
Still have the best pitcher in Baseball.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:17 PM

RE: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


Man this team is bad!!!!!!!!!
We have a good chance of witnessing a historically bad season this year.. "For all you kids out there" who missed the early 60's Mets, this was more or less how they played pretty much every game... errors that led to blowouts, pitchers that can't get outs, missed cutoff men, baspath blunder and a daily dose of offensive futility...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:17 PM

RE: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 


I thought we would struggle this year, but I never thought we would be this bad. Especially the starting pitching. I thought Gee, Marcum and Hefner would all be serviceable.

Last edited 5/14/2013 9:21 PM by dcmets

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:18 PM

Re: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 



VAMetsFan wrote:
danfran wrote: Someone mentioned this around a week ago. Think Wright is having regrets about signing long term here?

He can opt out in a couple of years if he really wants to.  Atlanta probably looks really good to him right now.
Well, seems like the Wilpons have to prove to DW as well as the fans that they are going to field a major league franchise, or he will probably opt out. If 2 more years of this dreck follows, would anyone blame him? I assume that by 2015 they will have a really good pitching staff. The offense? Who knows.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 5/14/2013 9:20 PM

RE: 5/14 GDT? Mets vs Cards 



metdelsur wrote: Man this team is bad!!!!!!!!!
We have a good chance of witnessing a historically bad season this year.. "For all you kids out there" who missed the early 60's Mets, this was more or less how they played pretty much every game... errors that led to blowouts, pitchers that can't get outs, missed cutoff men, baspath blunder and a daily dose of offensive futility...
Does this team realistically have a chance at 100 losses? I don't think so, but an injury to any of about 3 guys puts us right there.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 4  Next >