Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread

Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 7:12 PM

8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Las Vegas(Won 8-7) 

Reynolds     4/4   2B   BB     
(Combined 2014 stats:  AB 443  BA .352  OBP  .417  OPS .882  6HR  18 2B   7 3B  15 SB

Plawecki       1/3   3BB   K    (21/52 last 16 games-- .403) 

Syndergaard  6IP   8H   5ER   1BB   8K 

Binghamton(Won12-3)

Nimmo     1/4   3B   RBI   BB   2K
Herrera    3/3   2 2B   4RBI   BB     BA .346
Boyd        1/2   HR   3RBI   3BB

Rivera      2/3   RBI

Pill      5IP   4H   2ER   1BB   7K

StLucie(Game1 Lost 1-0) 

Cecchini    0/3   K 
Mazzilli      0/2   BB   K 
McNeil      1/2 
King         3/3 
Evans       0/3   2K 

Cessa   7IP   3H   1ER   1BB   5K 

StLucie(Game2) (Lost 4-2) 

Cecchini   2/2   2 2B   BB 
Mazzilli      0/3 
McNeil      0/4 
King          0/2   BB   K 
Evans       1/2   RBI   BB   K 

Tapia    6.2IP   5H   2ER   1BB   6K 

Savannah(Lost 6-5) 

Smith      0/5 
Oberst    1/3   2B   RBI   BB 
Stuart     2/5   RBI 

Gsellman  3.2IP   9H   5ER   2BB   2K 

Brooklyn

Conforto    2/4  2B   BB   K 
Urena       3/5   RBI   K 

Last edited 8/23/2014 7:04 AM by danfran

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:56 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Herrera 2/2 with 2 doubles+ a walk, 4 RBIs. Might be time to move him to AAA.

Last edited 8/22/2014 9:57 PM by danfran

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:09 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


I see the GCL Mets vs. GCL Nationals game was suspended due to "emergency?"  Does anyone know what was the emergency?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:12 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Hilario was knocked unconscious, had seizures, and had to be airlifted to a hospital.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:37 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Noah gets lit up for 5 in the first. all earned.

Hilario is OK.
Later
"You spend a good part of your life gripping the baseball, and in the end it turns out it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:38 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 



JimMcGraff wrote: Hilario was knocked unconscious, had seizures, and had to be airlifted to a hospital.
Oh!  Glad that he is okay now.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/22/2014 10:56 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Snydergrass is getting lit up again.  Doesn't look like he'll see the bigs this year.


Question: Which two baseball teams are an Italian's favorite?

Answer:  The A's and O's
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/22/2014 11:40 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 





---------------------------------------------
--- DrGuru wrote:

Snydergrass is getting lit up again.  Doesn't look like he'll see the bigs this year.

---------------------------------------------

No way.

Meanwhile ...Herrera and Reynolds with multiple hits again tonight.

Both would be leading their leagues in hitting.....if they had enuf atbats.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:00 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 



sweeper5 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DrGuru wrote:

Snydergrass is getting lit up again.  Doesn't look like he'll see the bigs this year.

---------------------------------------------

No way.

Meanwhile ...Herrera and Reynolds with multiple hits again tonight.

Both would be leading their leagues in hitting.....if they had enuf atbats.
I think Reynolds will be called up in Sept.  I think the earliest we'd see Herrera is after the Super 2 deadline next year.


Question: Which two baseball teams are an Italian's favorite?

Answer:  The A's and O's
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 2:20 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Syndergaard finished strong.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 2:22 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 



DrGuru wrote:
sweeper5 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DrGuru wrote:

Snydergrass is getting lit up again.  Doesn't look like he'll see the bigs this year.

---------------------------------------------

No way.

Meanwhile ...Herrera and Reynolds with multiple hits again tonight.

Both would be leading their leagues in hitting.....if they had enuf atbats.
I think Reynolds will be called up in Sept.  I think the earliest we'd see Herrera is after the Super 2 deadline next year.

Reynolds may be getting consistent at bats in the bigs this September the way Flores is going.

The dreaded sig of doom has chosen future hall of famer Jason Heyward as its target.

May the baseball gods have mercy on your soul!

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:52 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 



headscalper wrote:
DrGuru wrote:
sweeper5 wrote:


---------------------------------------------
--- DrGuru wrote:

Snydergrass is getting lit up again.  Doesn't look like he'll see the bigs this year.

---------------------------------------------

No way.

Meanwhile ...Herrera and Reynolds with multiple hits again tonight.

Both would be leading their leagues in hitting.....if they had enuf atbats.
I think Reynolds will be called up in Sept.  I think the earliest we'd see Herrera is after the Super 2 deadline next year.

Reynolds may be getting consistent at bats in the bigs this September the way Flores is going.
Yeah. He's blowing his chance not only to play here but to showcase himself.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 10:26 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Herrera looks like a potential all star. Have to give SA big time credit on that move.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"No more questions for you bro!.....TROLL" - Russell Westbrook

"I don't want to be categorized." - Colin Kaepernick
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 10:30 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


The fact that Conforto is still in the NY Penn league is embarrassing.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:03 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Conforto's numbers are good, but they aren't mind blowing.   Of course, there is no point in him being in that league other then to placate Dummy.


Michael Conforto Stats Summary

TEAM LG LEVEL G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
Minors 2014NYPA(Short)32118233750702141502130.314.407.424.8311.43
Minors Career-Minors32118233750702141502130.314.407.424.8311.43

Last edited 8/23/2014 11:04 AM by oct271986

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:20 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Conforto's numbers are pretty solid for a first year pro in that park.  Of course, he'll probably end up in Savannah next, another unfriendly hitting environment.

How do the NYP playoffs work (e.g. are there wild cards?).  The Cyclones are six games out now.  If they don't make the playoffs, I think Conforto could be bumped up to join Savannah for the SAL playoffs.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 11:52 AM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 


Boyd is having a monster second half. And Reynolds may need to get a look at SS in the majors before the year is over as well, as it seems Flores's D just won't cut it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:31 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 





---------------------------------------------
--- oct271986 wrote:

Conforto's numbers are good, but they aren't mind blowing.   Of course, there is no point in him being in that league other then to placate Dummy.


Michael Conforto Stats Summary

TEAM LG LEVEL G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
Minors 2014NYPA(Short)32118233750702141502130.314.407.424.8311.43
Minors Career-Minors32118233750702141502130.314.407.424.8311.43


---------------------------------------------

I remember Ike struggling big-time in Brooklyn. A bit harder for lefties there with that wind blowing in off the ocean.

Of course...we need a much better hitter than Ike.

Don't see how this helps Conforto's development. He is there ....to entertain the owners.

Conforto ..should be at least in high A.....ready to begin in AA next spring.

He supposedly was the best hitter coming out of college. Foolish to stick him in short season A ball.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:33 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 





---------------------------------------------
--- andwoo wrote:

Boyd is having a monster second half. And Reynolds may need to get a look at SS in the majors before the year is over as well, as it seems Flores's D just won't cut it.

---------------------------------------------

Boyd, along with Campbell and maybe Flores, are RHH who could be good platoon mates with Duda. I guess Flores and Campbell could potentially be more valuable in that role because they can play other positions a bit.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/23/2014 12:43 PM

Re: 8/22/14 MiL Ranting of Lunatics Thread 





---------------------------------------------
--- PriestHolmes31 wrote:

Syndergaard finished strong.

---------------------------------------------

Yes he did.

Wally left him in....right up to the end of his pitch count....even though he was struggling. He had the bases loaded no one out...in his last inning of the night. Wally came out.....left him in the game. Certainly ...those last pitches...would fall under "high stress"

He got out of it....with just 1 run scored. Finished on a positive note.

Some argue....take him out....because he is putting so much strain on his arm....trying to get out of jams......late in his start. Especially....in a long inning...with fatigue setting in. I think Doc had that opinion.

Tough call. Wally certainly is old school. "Toughen him up." I would think there is guidance from above. Wally is not going to have free reign ....handling a pitching prospect like Thor. Sandy must be ok with it.

Last edited 8/23/2014 12:55 PM by sweeper5

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >