Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Intra-squad game today?

Posted: 2/20/2013 1:46 PM

Intra-squad game today? 


Does anyone know if the Mets will be playing intrasquad games today and tomorrow.  Their exhibition games begin Saturday (and incidentally their game on Saturday will be on the MLB network).
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:31 PM

Re: Intra-squad game today? 


Bump!

So is there an intrasquad game today?  Usually they have two before they start their exhibition season which begins Saturday.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:33 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


Tomorrow.

The Mets will hold an intrasquad game this Friday at 12:00 p.m in Tradition Field. Tickets are $6 and the proceeds will go to the Mets Foundation. (Metsblog)

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Last edited 2/21/2013 12:34 PM by Walnutz15

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/21/2013 12:58 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Walnutz15 wrote: Tomorrow.

The Mets will hold an intrasquad game this Friday at 12:00 p.m in Tradition Field. Tickets are $6 and the proceeds will go to the Mets Foundation. (Metsblog)
Thanks.  I wonder why they cut it down to only 1 intrasquad game?  Then again, it is an especially long exhibition season this year.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 1:07 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



omnimetfan wrote:
Walnutz15 wrote: Tomorrow.

The Mets will hold an intrasquad game this Friday at 12:00 p.m in Tradition Field. Tickets are $6 and the proceeds will go to the Mets Foundation. (Metsblog)
Thanks.  I wonder why they cut it down to only 1 intrasquad game?  Then again, it is an especially long exhibition season this year.
They're also playing Michigan on Sunday, I believe.

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 3:32 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Walnutz15 wrote:
omnimetfan wrote:
Walnutz15 wrote: Tomorrow.

The Mets will hold an intrasquad game this Friday at 12:00 p.m in Tradition Field. Tickets are $6 and the proceeds will go to the Mets Foundation. (Metsblog)
Thanks.  I wonder why they cut it down to only 1 intrasquad game?  Then again, it is an especially long exhibition season this year.
They're also playing Michigan on Sunday, I believe.

The "guaranteed to not go 0-for Spring Training" game.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/21/2013 5:10 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Walnutz15 wrote: Tomorrow.

The Mets will hold an intrasquad game this Friday at 12:00 p.m in Tradition Field. Tickets are $6 and the proceeds will go to the Mets Foundation. (Metsblog)
I'll be there as I was the last 2 days. My wife got David Wright to autograph a baseball given to me by Bob Davidson 12 years ago, Wright commented, were did you get this ball, we don't use them anymore, I told him your autographing a piece of history lol.

"
It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/22/2013 10:32 AM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


You're not pitching today, M4L?

Here ya go, omni:


Team Mets:

1. Nieuwenhuis/CF
2. Valdespin/2B
3. Cowgill/DH
4. Hicks/1B
5. Bixler/3B
6. Brown/LF
7. Quintanilla/SS
8. Puello/RF
9. Recker/C

P McHugh

Team Gray:

1. Lagares/LF
2. den Dekker/CF
3. Baxter/RF
4. Lutz/3B
5. Flores/2B
6. Satin/1B
7. d'Arnaud/DH
8. Centeno/C
9. Tovar/SS

P Germen

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 10:52 AM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Walnutz15 wrote: You're not pitching today, M4L?

Here ya go, omni:


Team Mets:

1. Nieuwenhuis/CF
2. Valdespin/2B
3. Cowgill/DH
4. Hicks/1B
5. Bixler/3B
6. Brown/LF
7. Quintanilla/SS
8. Puello/RF
9. Recker/C

P McHugh

Team Gray:

1. Lagares/LF
2. den Dekker/CF
3. Baxter/RF
4. Lutz/3B
5. Flores/2B
6. Satin/1B
7. d'Arnaud/DH
8. Centeno/C
9. Tovar/SS

P Germen
Thanks.  Interesting that almost none of the starters (except outfielders) are playing in this game.  Bixler at 3rd base?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 11:13 AM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


Will be interested in hearing how Lutz's D looks.  Hopefully they hit a few to him.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 12:45 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


1-0 after 1. Valdespin stole 3B and scored on throwing error by Centenno.

2.  Jenrry Mejia is in camp.  Arrived in the top of the first.  ARubin tweet.
"Friend Romans & Country Men Lend Me an Ear"  Hannibal Lecture in Florence.  Recipe from the Grand Dictionaire de Cuisine, (1873), Alexandre Dumas.

Last edited 2/22/2013 12:53 PM by Alexandre62

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 1:02 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Alexandre62 wrote: 1-0 after 1. Valdespin stole 3B and scored on throwing error by Centenno.

2.  Jenrry Mejia is in camp.  Arrived in the top of the first.  ARubin tweet.

Thanks for the updates.  Keep em coming.  I know its only a stupid intrasquad game with all the scrubs playing, but its baseball and its the Mets. biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 1:06 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


1-5 top of the third. Lagares scored on RBI single by Lutz. Flores hits 3-run bomb off of Hawkins scoring Baxter, Lutz ahead of him.  Centenno plates Satin with single.  Hawkins done after getting 2 outs.  Also, Centenno's second single of game.
"Friend Romans & Country Men Lend Me an Ear"  Hannibal Lecture in Florence.  Recipe from the Grand Dictionaire de Cuisine, (1873), Alexandre Dumas.

Last edited 2/22/2013 1:10 PM by Alexandre62

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 1:14 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


2-5. Valdespin leads off bottom of third with a bomb against Lyons. 2nd run scored by V.

Rubin interviewing Santana.
"Friend Romans & Country Men Lend Me an Ear"  Hannibal Lecture in Florence.  Recipe from the Grand Dictionaire de Cuisine, (1873), Alexandre Dumas.

Last edited 2/22/2013 1:29 PM by Alexandre62

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 1:44 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


That's al folks. I guess Ruin is bore.
"Friend Romans & Country Men Lend Me an Ear"  Hannibal Lecture in Florence.  Recipe from the Grand Dictionaire de Cuisine, (1873), Alexandre Dumas.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 1:45 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



Alexandre62 wrote: That's al folks. I guess Ruin is bore.

Is the game still going?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/22/2013 2:34 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



omnimetfan wrote:
Alexandre62 wrote: That's al folks. I guess Ruin is bore.

Is the game still going?
No it's over 5 innings 5-2 Mets lol. Flores went deep, dArnout hitless but looked good behind the plate, Nothing really spectacular. Now it's on to Duffy's for the Hot stove program, they might do Loudmouths from there also, don't know yet.

"
It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 3:11 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


I know the hitting is going to be suspect regardless and when you do split squad games each lineup natually just looks weaker but man.....it's just going to be ugly early on.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/22/2013 3:28 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 


I wonder if a strong spring will get Flores back to being a top prospect. I'm still confused as to how a 20 year old who dominated AA can be so underrated.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/22/2013 7:02 PM

RE: Intra-squad game today? 



spiritOF86 wrote: I wonder if a strong spring will get Flores back to being a top prospect. I'm still confused as to how a 20 year old who dominated AA can be so underrated.
No natural position, and he's still a lot of projection at this point.


Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >