Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 14  Next >

Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland

Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:25 PM

Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Figured this deserved a new thread.

Michael bourn agrees to # indians deal



Thank goodness this is over.

Last edited 2/11/2013 8:26 PM by NYMethuselah

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:30 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Bourn gets $48M for 4 yrs plus vesting option that could make it $60M for 5. # tribe


Source: Bourn with # Indians: Four years, $48M with $12M vesting option for fifth year if he reaches 550 plate appearances.


-----
Not a bad deal for Cleveland.  They lose the competitive balance (?) pick, so they still keep their third rounder (second went for Swisher). 


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:32 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


4 years guaranteed is a lot. 5 th year vesting option, no thanks.
“Every day is a new opportunity.  You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again.” - Bob Feller
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:32 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand CUT!

Bourn gets his 4-year deal, with a 5th year option.  *turns page*

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:39 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


More evidence that the "one dumb owner" rule is infallible.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:42 PM

RE: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


oh thank god.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:42 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Bourn probably would have accepted 4-year offer from Mets, I'm told, except it would have taken 2-3 weeks to resolve draft pick issue.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets talked to MLB today and were told it would take 2-3 weeks for the draft issue to play out.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

In the end, Mets weren't going to part with No. 11 overall pick for Bourn. But the negotiations with Boras were "down to the small details."

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

A major league source said Mets were "definitely" Bourn's first choice if the draft pick issue could be worked out in days not weeks.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets had Bourn in agreement on years and $$, but negotiations were down to small details such as a hotel suite on the road.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:47 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


What in the blue blazes of hell would take 2-3 weeks to decide upon, RE: the pick?

That's my question --- but at this point, who even cares? noidea

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:49 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



NYMethuselah wrote:

Bourn probably would have accepted 4-year offer from Mets, I'm told, except it would have taken 2-3 weeks to resolve draft pick issue.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets talked to MLB today and were told it would take 2-3 weeks for the draft issue to play out.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

In the end, Mets weren't going to part with No. 11 overall pick for Bourn. But the negotiations with Boras were "down to the small details."

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

A major league source said Mets were "definitely" Bourn's first choice if the draft pick issue could be worked out in days not weeks.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets had Bourn in agreement on years and $$, but negotiations were down to small details such as a hotel suite on the road.

Incredible. Never thought the Mets would offer a 4 year contract to him.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:50 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Ridiculous. Stupid. MLB is useless.

---------------------------------------------
--- Walnutz15 wrote:

What in the blue blazes of hell would take 2-3 weeks to decide upon, RE: the pick?

That's my question --- but at this point, who even cares? noidea

---------------------------------------------
“Every day is a new opportunity.  You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again.” - Bob Feller
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:51 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



Walnutz15 wrote: What in the blue blazes of hell would take 2-3 weeks to decide upon, RE: the pick?

That's my question --- but at this point, who even cares? noidea

Was told several times arbitration on # Mets Bourn draft argument could be expedited, so if were so close to deal, why not go for arb?

-----------------

Yeah, really odd.  But agreed, who cares?  I wasn't too keen on him, so I'm happy it's been resolved.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:52 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



nyjets2047 wrote:
NYMethuselah wrote:

Bourn probably would have accepted 4-year offer from Mets, I'm told, except it would have taken 2-3 weeks to resolve draft pick issue.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets talked to MLB today and were told it would take 2-3 weeks for the draft issue to play out.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

In the end, Mets weren't going to part with No. 11 overall pick for Bourn. But the negotiations with Boras were "down to the small details."

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

A major league source said Mets were "definitely" Bourn's first choice if the draft pick issue could be worked out in days not weeks.

Mike Puma @ NYPost_Mets

Mets had Bourn in agreement on years and $$, but negotiations were down to small details such as a hotel suite on the road.

Incredible. Never thought the Mets would offer a 4 year contract to him.
Mets been hit by, Mets been struck by -- the $mooth Criminal (Bora$).

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:58 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


4/48 is way too much for Bourn.  Glad we didn't go the distance.

I figured he'd get upwards of $50M.  That deal could look ugly in year four and potentially year five.

What I'm interested to see now is if the Mets shift gears and seek to fill their OF need with a trade.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 8:58 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



DocK16 wrote: 4/48 is way too much for Bourn.  Glad we didn't go the distance.

I figured he'd get upwards of $50M.  That deal could look ugly in year four and potentially year five.

What I'm interested to see now is if the Mets shift gears and seek to fill their OF need with a trade.

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:00 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


forget bourn

coco crisp or chris young (both have 2 yrs left on deal)
grant green or  jemile weeks

for

murphy
duda

A's gret a much needed slugging DH type in duda and beane gets his holy grail 2b in murphy

Mets solidify CF for 2 yrs and get a solid 2b mlb ready prospect

mayo on grant green
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/#list =oak

Initially drafted as an advanced college bat at shortstop, Green made the move to center field in 2011, partially because of a belief that his tools wouldn’t allow him to stay at short and partially because his bat can get to Oakland faster in the outfield. It’s a bat that has the chance to be a good one. Green hits the ball hard to all fields, and he’s shown glimpses of power that can become more consistent with a better approach and plate discipline. He finished the 2011 season well, carried it over to the Arizona Fall League and then turned in a solid 2012 season at Triple-A Sacramento. He’s still learning how to be an outfielder, but it was becoming more natural for him the more time he spent out there.


BTW, looking back at the 2012 draft mets were one pick away from addison russell, they took gavin cecchini a pick later. imagine if mets got russell to add to d'arnaud, sanchez, and wheeler...hot damn!!

keith law took a poll and said russell would go #1 overall if there was a 2012 redraft

Last edited 2/11/2013 9:07 PM by arly2380

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:01 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Well if they're going to get a "big time OF'er" now they'll have to hope Duda makes some strides, Marlon Byrd gets back to his old form or PED's, or make a inseason trade 30 years to when Keith came here.

Speaking of which who could be a "Keith" candidate
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:01 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



arly2380 wrote: forget bourn

coco crisp or chris young (both have 2 yrs left on deal)
grant green or  jemile weeks

for

murphy
duda

A's gret a much needed slugging DH type in duda and beane gets his holy grail 2b in murphy

Mets solidify CF for 2 yrs and get a solid 2b mlb ready prospect

Sign me up.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:02 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 



Eqc2003 wrote: Well if they're going to get a "big time OF'er" now they'll have to hope Duda makes some strides, Marlon Byrd gets back to his old form or PED's, or make a inseason trade 30 years to when Keith came here.

Speaking of which who could be a "Keith" candidate

This is the second time I've seen Marlon Byrd's name mentioned as if he's the projected starter in CF or anywhere in the OF.  He isn't.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:03 PM

Re: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


Sigh of relief...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 2/11/2013 9:04 PM

RE: Heyman: Michael Bourn signs with Cleveland 


I did not want Bourn.. so glad he is elsewhere. Dekker IMO is every bit as good as Bourn defensively. I would give him an opportunity to stick in CF and slot Kirk over to RF. That in turn pushes Baxter to the bench where he belongs + you then use Cowgill as the 4th OF to spell these guys at times. That is the best route to go here. Forget about crap like Coco Crisp, he is not going to help you going forward IMO


Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 14  Next >