Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball

Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:24 PM

Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Jordany Valdespin had a two-week absence from playing for his winter-ball club in the Dominican Republic because of a team-imposed suspension for insubordination, two sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

Valdespin reappeared as a pinch hitter Saturday after being idle since Nov. 14.

The discipline issue was comparable to the maturity problems the Mets have experienced with Valdespin over the years, one source said.

While Valdespin has some champions within the Mets organization because of his tools, it would not be out of the realm of possibility for him to get traded this offseason. The problem: Other teams also are aware of Valdespin's behavioral track record. One possible destination if a trade materializes would be San Diego, where front-office deputy Omar Minaya is a longtime fan of Valdespin.


http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yo..._medium=twitter

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:26 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


He needs someone to show him a little tough love. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. I would prefer him at 2B to Murphy actually. Better Defensive and far more production.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:26 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


Apparently, he's also tweeted himself, wearing a Marlin hat. - I'M THE MAN RIGHT NOW!!!

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:27 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


He needs to grow weird facial hair or a mohawk or something. Weird volatile guy can be interesting to have on the roster.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:30 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


He takes me as someone to get written up for insubordination. lol.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:30 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



RSVandy wrote: He needs to grow weird facial hair or a mohawk or something. Weird volatile guy can be interesting to have on the roster.

Brian Wilson Academy?............or just have him visit Giuseppe Franco (formerly of SNY fame).

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:43 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 2:54 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse. That annoys me more than a immature kid wearing a Marlins cap.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:01 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



xmulderx wrote: Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse.
Really? Trivial to some but terrible loyalty to your employer IMO.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:04 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


Oh, I don't care about any of this......you essentially "know" what kind of personality he is. Everyone's played with one.

They're their own walking punchline.

I just find him amusing, amidst so many other circus-like stories surrounding the Mets these past few years. They could keep him, or get rid of him....all the same to me.

"I'M THE MAN RIGHT NOW!!!!"

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:07 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote: Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse.
Really? Trivial to some but terrible loyalty to your employer IMO.
  yup, a big deal was made of it at the time in seeing him walking out of Shea w/ it.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:11 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



xmulderx wrote:
EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote: Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse.
Really? Trivial to some but terrible loyalty to your employer IMO.
  yup, a big deal was made of it at the time in seeing him walking out of Shea w/ it.
why would he do that? He didn't even play for them. If it was a leftover Marlins or Bluejays duffle...not that it would be any better, but why on earth would you have a Yankee duffle?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:17 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote:
EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote: Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse.
Really? Trivial to some but terrible loyalty to your employer IMO.
  yup, a big deal was made of it at the time in seeing him walking out of Shea w/ it.
why would he do that? He didn't even play for them. If it was a leftover Marlins or Bluejays duffle...not that it would be any better, but why on earth would you have a Yankee duffle?
  Yeah, I couldn't tell you... no idea.


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 3:35 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



xmulderx wrote:
EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote:
EddyBarzoon wrote:
xmulderx wrote: Carlos Delgado by all accounts was a very articulate and bright man. Yet, he had a Yankees dufflebag in the Mets clubhouse.
Really? Trivial to some but terrible loyalty to your employer IMO.
  yup, a big deal was made of it at the time in seeing him walking out of Shea w/ it.
why would he do that? He didn't even play for them. If it was a leftover Marlins or Bluejays duffle...not that it would be any better, but why on earth would you have a Yankee duffle?
  Yeah, I couldn't tell you... no idea.
That's a manager or captain issue. You don't come to work with the opposing teams merchandise. It just reeks of "I'm" being a jerk and that's what "I" am...a jerk.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 5:06 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


Disappointing. At the risk of sounding like the old school scouts at the beginning of Moneyball, I've always been intrigued by him as he has clear physical talent, and just "looks the part". But this apparently is a continuing pattern.

Eagles/Indiana/Mets/Villanova: it's a long story

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/7/2012 5:31 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


To be suspended for 2 weeks, it had to be something major ?

Go Mets...Cyborg
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 5:42 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


whew..whats the deal with tattoos on professional athletes these days? 20 years ago you were lucky to see a tattoo on the arm of a player. Now, not only are just about all of them tattooed, they are covered head to toe...arm sleeves, neck tats, you name it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 6:23 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 



PhilaMet wrote: Disappointing. At the risk of sounding like the old school scouts at the beginning of Moneyball, I've always been intrigued by him as he has clear physical talent, and just "looks the part". But this apparently is a continuing pattern.

Well, he got some playing time last year. Looks like one of those "diminishing returns" kind of players.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 6:27 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 




---------------------------------------------
--- EddyBarzoon wrote:

whew..whats the deal with tattoos on professional athletes these days? 20 years ago you were lucky to see a tattoo on the arm of a player. Now, not only are just about all of them tattooed, they are covered head to toe...arm sleeves, neck tats, you name it.

---------------------------------------------

And most of them are terrible.

Tattoos don't bother me, I love them actually....well good ones at least.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/7/2012 7:23 PM

RE: Sources: Valdespin suspended in winter ball 


I have more of a problem w/ the shape he's in (blk tank-top pic)... than the MIA hat or the reason for him being suspended.

I've always liked his talent/ability... but Spin is not a very smart cat..that's pretty obvious. I think is due to where he's from in D.R (San Pedro de Macoris). They're known to be hot heads and extreme show-off's...

Last edited 12/7/2012 7:25 PM by Gstacks177

Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >