Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
Inbox
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres ("Sources")

Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:16 PM

Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres ("Sources") 


Barring a last-minute trade that did not appear likely or other reversal, the Mets plan to non-tender three players by the Friday night deadline -- right-handers Mike Pelfrey and Manny Acosta and center fielder Andres Torres, according to major league sources.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yo..._medium=twitter

"Use your head.....that's that lump 3 feet above your arse." - Jimmy Dugan

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:26 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


i hope that is the last we see of them...


Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:46 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


I wouldnt mind re-signing Pelfrey for $1-2M + a bunch of incentives. He claims he will be ready to go opening day. Who else is really going to take a chance on him?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:48 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



dcmets wrote: I wouldnt mind re-signing Pelfrey for $1-2M + a bunch of incentives. He claims he will be ready to go opening day. Who else is really going to take a chance on him?
If Pelfrey doesn't rediscover his 2-seamer, he can go.  I will not miss him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:48 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


Won't miss all 3.

No more hand licking.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:50 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



minkusdominkus wrote:
dcmets wrote: I wouldnt mind re-signing Pelfrey for $1-2M + a bunch of incentives. He claims he will be ready to go opening day. Who else is really going to take a chance on him?
If Pelfrey doesn't rediscover his 2-seamer, he can go.  I will not miss him.
Yeah, some times players become completely different pitchers after this type of surgery.  You never know.  Id take a flyer on him.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 3:51 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


sometimes you just have to turn the page and say goodbye... seen enough.. move along


Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:20 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


I've been an Acosta booster for years... and even I have given up on him. Move on...

When we acquired Torres I said "I knew we needed a 4th OFer but I didn't think we'd trade our starting CF for him". Move on...

As for Pelf I would bring him back on a minor league deal but I think he'll get a better offer elsewhere. I guess that's a vote to move on from him as well...
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:27 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


I'd take Torres and Pelfrey at the MLB minimums. Maybe $1 million at most.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:30 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


Wouldnt mind Pelf for 1M.

No way do I want Torres back. Acosta . . . "ehh".
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:31 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



dcmets wrote:
minkusdominkus wrote:
dcmets wrote: I wouldnt mind re-signing Pelfrey for $1-2M + a bunch of incentives. He claims he will be ready to go opening day. Who else is really going to take a chance on him?
If Pelfrey doesn't rediscover his 2-seamer, he can go.  I will not miss him.
Yeah, some times players become completely different pitchers after this type of surgery.  You never know.  Id take a flyer on him.



Agreed.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:33 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


If we're going to trade Dickey, I'd be interested in bringing back Pelf to hopefully eat some innings and reestablish his value. But if Dickey is back and Ger is a go, there is no room for Pelf. I'm sure another team would give him a better chance to make a rotation at that point.


17 & 14 = Best Duo In NY Sports
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:34 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



acesfull86 wrote: If we're going to trade Dickey, I'd be interested in bringing back Pelf to hopefully eat some innings and reestablish his value. But if Dickey is back and Ger is a go, there is no room for Pelf. I'm sure another team would give him a better chance to make a rotation at that point.
For some reason I see him in an Indians jersey next season . . . noidea
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:40 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 




---------------------------------------------
--- dgLuvsTheMets wrote:


acesfull86 wrote: If we're going to trade Dickey, I'd be interested in bringing back Pelf to hopefully eat some innings and reestablish his value. But if Dickey is back and Ger is a go, there is no room for Pelf. I'm sure another team would give him a better chance to make a rotation at that point.
For some reason I see him in an Indians jersey next season . . . noidea

---------------------------------------------

Makes sense. Their best pitcher, Masterson, did a season long Mike Pelfrey imitation in 2012.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 4:46 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



dgLuvsTheMets wrote: Wouldnt mind Pelf for 1M.

No way do I want Torres back. Acosta . . . "ehh".
Agreed. 

No way on Torres.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 5:55 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



dcmets wrote:
minkusdominkus wrote:
dcmets wrote: I wouldnt mind re-signing Pelfrey for $1-2M + a bunch of incentives. He claims he will be ready to go opening day. Who else is really going to take a chance on him?
If Pelfrey doesn't rediscover his 2-seamer, he can go.  I will not miss him.
Yeah, some times players become completely different pitchers after this type of surgery.  You never know.  Id take a flyer on him.
Agree, I wouldn't mind Pelfrey as a fallback like Chris Young was.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 6:06 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



RSVandy wrote: I'd take Torres and Pelfrey at the MLB minimums. Maybe $1 million at most.
+1

Torres is a useful player if your team already has 3 major league OFs. It's just pitiful when he's your "best" starting OF.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/27/2012 7:07 PM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


Good and more than expected...

"Seen It All"

loyal_Jues (IG)

Reply | Quote

Posted: 11/28/2012 9:36 AM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 



EddyBarzoon wrote: Won't miss all 3.

No more hand licking.
And then he'd try to hit the outer edge of the corner with every pitch.

"Lick, Lick, Nibble Nibble" would make a great title for an X-Rated film.

But it should not describe a major league pitcher on my team.

Later
"You spend a good part of your life gripping the baseball, and in the end it turns out it was the other way around all the time." Jim Bouton
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 11/28/2012 9:37 AM

RE: Mets to Non-Tender Acosta, Pelfrey, Torres 


not a chance I want Torres.......even at the cheapest price it means he would PLAY.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >