Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

All 24-7 Team

Posted: 08/21/2014 10:32 PM

All 24-7 Team 


Jason Jewell
Southwest Recruiting Analyst
Scout.com

Twitter
Facebook
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 6:36 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


How does Saguaro not win it all. Has there been a more stacked team in recent memory?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 9:04 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Overall good list.  Suprised I didn't see either Lewerke or Perkins at the QB slot.  All three are great, no doubt.  My 1 through 3 rank at QB would be Perkins, Lewerke, Sneed.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 10:15 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 



coachmoose wrote: How does Saguaro not win it all. Has there been a more stacked team in recent memory?
In D-3?  Probably not.  In all divisions?  Last year's Mountain Pointe squad would have destroyed this team, along with 2009-10 Hamilton.

"You've got to remember, that these are just simple farmers, these are people of the land, the common clay of the new west. You know . . . morons."

Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 10:21 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Along with last year's Salpointe
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 10:32 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


It feels awful leaving players like Lewerke, Perkins and Paul Lucas off.

Only one QB slot and it is hard to argue with the numbers Sneed put up last year and I think he will again.

Opposed to my position rankings, this is more "productivity/level of competition played" driven.
Jason Jewell
Southwest Recruiting Analyst
Scout.com

Twitter
Facebook
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 10:33 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


I don't know if "destroyed" is a good fit ...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 10:51 AM

Re: All 24-7 Team 



jason247football wrote: It feels awful leaving players like Lewerke, Perkins and Paul Lucas off.

Only one QB slot and it is hard to argue with the numbers Sneed put up last year and I think he will again.

Opposed to my position rankings, this is more "productivity/level of competition played" driven.
Totally understood.  Sneed is awesome, there is no doubt. IMO, he benefits from Heavner's offensive system.  The same can be said about Perkins in Aguano's system and Lewerke, but  Horizon's schedule last year did not measure up to Pinnacle's or Chandler's - again, IMO.  Horizon barely lost to Basha, and Chandler torched Basha (twice).  Pinnacle beat Horizon straight up.  But, in your defense, Sneed put up crazy offense vs Pinnacle's defense, and in every other game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 1:29 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 



coachmoose wrote: I don't know if "destroyed" is a good fit ...
How about annihilated? Last year's Saguaro squad better than this year's, and they too would have likely lost big to last year's Mountain Pointe team
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 1:35 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Agree on both points
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 1:43 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 



AZhighschoolfootballanalyst wrote:
jason247football wrote: It feels awful leaving players like Lewerke, Perkins and Paul Lucas off.

Only one QB slot and it is hard to argue with the numbers Sneed put up last year and I think he will again.

Opposed to my position rankings, this is more "productivity/level of competition played" driven.
Totally understood.  Sneed is awesome, there is no doubt. IMO, he benefits from Heavner's offensive system.  The same can be said about Perkins in Aguano's system and Lewerke, but  Horizon's schedule last year did not measure up to Pinnacle's or Chandler's - again, IMO.  Horizon barely lost to Basha, and Chandler torched Basha (twice).  Pinnacle beat Horizon straight up.  But, in your defense, Sneed put up crazy offense vs Pinnacle's defense, and in every other game.
Lewerke should be in the number 1 slot at QB, and I do not think by a slim margin. Far better competition and performance for Pinnacle than Horizon, very good numbers as well, and making finals of Elite 11 on top of that (I realize that isnt an in season thing but still pretty big time) - then I would have Sneed at 2 and Perkins at 3

And how Paul Lucas is not on there is beyond me
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 1:50 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Basha also dominated the Pinnacle game and won by 14 points, 35-21. I think that Perkins is the best outside the pocket passer/runner, but Sneed does a great job in the pocket. IMO
AZhighschoolfootballanalyst wrote:
jason247football wrote: It feels awful leaving players like Lewerke, Perkins and Paul Lucas off.

Only one QB slot and it is hard to argue with the numbers Sneed put up last year and I think he will again.

Opposed to my position rankings, this is more "productivity/level of competition played" driven.
Totally understood.  Sneed is awesome, there is no doubt. IMO, he benefits from Heavner's offensive system.  The same can be said about Perkins in Aguano's system and Lewerke, but  Horizon's schedule last year did not measure up to Pinnacle's or Chandler's - again, IMO.  Horizon barely lost to Basha, and Chandler torched Basha (twice).  Pinnacle beat Horizon straight up.  But, in your defense, Sneed put up crazy offense vs Pinnacle's defense, and in every other game.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 2:30 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


I've been lurking around this site for a long time. I had a kid play at Saguaro and I've checked in on here from time to time for news about the program and/or to keep up on what's going on in the high school football world since I no longer have kids playing. With that said, who is gottawin100 and why does he take every shot he can at Saguaro? I haven't read a comment from a Saguaro fan on this site for quite a long time. But, that doesn't stop the Chaparral supporters from chiming in on them every chance they get. Does anyone really want to know why so many people absolutely despise Chaparral and everything that program stands for? It's because of smug little guys like that who believe that they are inherently better than everyone else. And the kids are the same way. I had the choice of Saguaro and Chaparral for where to send my son and my daughter and I am sure glad that I chose Saguaro. The entitlement those kids feel and the way they treat others, in a great many cases, is completely repugnant. Good job keeping up the Chaparral tradition of being petty. It makes me feel better about where I sent my kids every time I read this. Go Cats.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 08/22/2014 2:47 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Is it me or do Perkins balls seem to lack the zip of a top tier QB? I feel like he short arms balls a lot too. Maybe I'm crazy, just an observation. Either way ASU see's the good, so Im okay with what ever happens....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 3:03 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


I agree about the short arm throw - but he sure seems to get it out quick and in the run at that. May not have the biggest arm but he can put it on a dime quickly on the run. Tough to beat a guy who can do that
Reply | Quote

Posted: 08/22/2014 3:25 PM

Re: All 24-7 Team 


Do we really want to talk about "Perkins balls" ?.....

(I know what was meant) crazy
Reply | Quote