Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

Jake Grant - Horizon

Posted: 12/03/2012 1:39 PM

Jake Grant - Horizon 


Just saw this kid was put on the O-line D2 team as a Sophomore.  I'm friends with his Dad(ASU alum) and he was saying he's already 6'3'' and around 280.  Think he's a big kid with lots of potential(went to a few of their games)...kid has impressive technique and can have a mean streak.

This guy is a must get for ASU imo as a homegrown OL...I would be shocked if he didn't start getting national attention here pretty soon.  One of the JV coaches said Boise St had visited him I believe.  Hope they have him on their radar...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/03/2012 2:01 PM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 



SanAntoneSunDevil wrote: Just saw this kid was put on the O-line D2 team as a Sophomore.  I'm friends with his Dad(ASU alum) and he was saying he's already 6'3'' and around 280.  Think he's a big kid with lots of potential(went to a few of their games)...kid has impressive technique and can have a mean streak.

This guy is a must get for ASU imo as a homegrown OL...I would be shocked if he didn't start getting national attention here pretty soon.  One of the JV coaches said Boise St had visited him I believe.  Hope they have him on their radar...

Grant is on ASU's radar, in particular, (and importantly) Coach Connelly.

Last edited 12/03/2012 4:43 PM by AZhighschoolfootballanalyst

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/03/2012 10:31 PM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 


He's not even the best sophmoore tackle in that area! That would be Keenan Walker of Chaparral! 6'6 250 going to be a huge recruit in two years named all city and all section first team! Long arms athletic and has a mean streak!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/04/2012 7:11 AM

RE: Jake Grant - Horizon 


Walker is a beast!!!
Jason Jewell
Southwest Recruiting Analyst
Scout.com

Twitter
Facebook
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 12/04/2012 9:04 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILcTlQr-RA&fea ture=youtu.be

highlights of Keenan Walker
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/04/2012 9:56 AM

RE: Jake Grant - Horizon 


Walker is a solid prospect as well...wouldn't mind both of em! I see Walker projecting more as an OT and Grant more as an OG, possible C as he still would need a few more inches to grow. Either way, keep the AZ recruits IN AZ!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 7:24 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 


I also saw Grant play this year and I agree that he has excelent potential. He has a big frame to build off of, but more importantly, he moves well for his size. It will be fun watching him against better competition in D1.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 7:33 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 


Have to agree with this post. Walker is easily the best Sophomore O-line player in the state. He is one of 4 Sophomores Chaparal had start or get a lot of play time this season and all are going to be big for them next season.
CDD413 wrote: He's not even the best sophmoore tackle in that area! That would be Keenan Walker of Chaparral! 6'6 250 going to be a huge recruit in two years named all city and all section first team! Long arms athletic and has a mean streak!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 8:17 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 


I don't understand why people are talking about Keenan Walker on a Jake Grant topic. If you want to discuss him, then start a new thread. I don't doubt that he is good, but it's kind of rude to dominate a discussion about one kid with a different kid.

CCD413 - your response to Jake Grant was basically I know someone better ...... Not cool.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 9:48 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 



gottawin100 wrote: Have to agree with this post. Walker is easily the best Sophomore O-line player in the state. He is one of 4 Sophomores Chaparal had start or get a lot of play time this season and all are going to be big for them next season.
Considering you are coaching on Friday night's not sure how you can possibly know every soph OL in the state to make that assumption.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 9:51 AM

Re: Jake Grant - Horizon 



NEFbDad wrote: I don't understand why people are talking about Keenan Walker on a Jake Grant topic. If you want to discuss him, then start a new thread. I don't doubt that he is good, but it's kind of rude to dominate a discussion about one kid with a different kid.

CCD413 - your response to Jake Grant was basically I know someone better ...... Not cool.
You may want to get a little bit of thicker skin. One thing about a public forum, if you decide to start a thread about a kid - for whatever reason - you are going to invite comparisons
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/07/2012 1:06 PM

RE: Jake Grant - Horizon 


www.youtube.com/watch?feature=...v=LPQPF_TcXYI#!

There is Grant's Sophomore film. IMHO we'll be lucky to get Grant OR Walker...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/09/2012 9:12 PM

RE: Jake Grant - Horizon 


Watched Grants film and was impressed with his foot speed, and continued blocking downfield. For a sophomore he has a lot of talent. He Stands to tall which could be a problem with better DT. I think his true measure will be playing at the D-1 level, where their are few DT under 240 and a lot faster and stronger than D-2 (more physical). Watching the Playoff games this year at the D-1, D-2 and D-3 level the biggest difference was the DL positions. Good luck Grant and look forward to seeing you compete against the bigger kids in D-1.

Last edited 12/09/2012 9:15 PM by astro9046

Reply | Quote

Posted: 12/11/2012 10:23 AM

RE: Jake Grant - Horizon 


Lets get both!
Reply | Quote