Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)

2014 Schedule

Posted: 01/17/2013 3:22 PM

2014 Schedule 


Anyone else notice we already have 6 games scheduled for the 2014 season? 

With 3 of them being against MAC teams it would be pretty easy to slide us into that conference...just saying.

http://www.fbschedules.com/nca...ll-schedule.php
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 3:56 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


Uh, that schedule only shows 3 games....

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 4:00 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


You have to look at the TBA games on the bottom...the ones that are confirmed, but the dates aren't set.

In total it shows we are playing; Florida, W. Michigan, Ohio, N. Illinois, Ark St, Fresno St.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 4:08 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


Not to mention RS is hoping a conference comes calling for 2014.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/17/2013 4:14 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


IMO those are the kind of schools we should be playing - MAC schools.  We should be playing MWC schools too, but they (except Fresno so far) don't want to play with us.

A MAC invite would be really cool.  But, I'm not holding my breath until the landscape starts to shake again, and it will. pirate

"The challenges are great, but so are the opportunities."
- UI President Chuck Staben

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 4:17 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



DanVandal wrote: You have to look at the TBA games on the bottom...the ones that are confirmed, but the dates aren't set.

In total it shows we are playing; Florida, W. Michigan, Ohio, N. Illinois, Ark St, Fresno St.

Got it, thanks. 

Somethings a bit askew though.  The official site shows Fresno St. as a home game (homecoming in fact) THIS year.  Spear did a good job with the schedule, but I doubt he talked Fresno into coming to Moscow 2 years in a row.  Also, seems like we should be getting a return game from North Texas in 2014 which isn't shown.

 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 5:16 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



TyVandal wrote:
DanVandal wrote: You have to look at the TBA games on the bottom...the ones that are confirmed, but the dates aren't set.

In total it shows we are playing; Florida, W. Michigan, Ohio, N. Illinois, Ark St, Fresno St.

Got it, thanks. 

Somethings a bit askew though.  The official site shows Fresno St. as a home game (homecoming in fact) THIS year.  Spear did a good job with the schedule, but I doubt he talked Fresno into coming to Moscow 2 years in a row.  Also, seems like we should be getting a return game from North Texas in 2014 which isn't shown.
I think you are right...  Even their own report says we will be playing @Fresno in 2014.  As far as N Texas, I'm wondering if it was a H&H deal and maybe RS is just wanting to keep it "in the bag" until he knows whether we'll be in a conference in 2014. 


"Rob Spear also stated today that all home games are part of home-and-home contracts. That means the Vandals will visit Fresno State, Temple, and Old Dominion in the future. The Arkansas State game was also reported to be a home-and-home by AStateNation."

Updates:

  • The Philadelphia Enquirer reports that Idaho will return the trip to Temple in 2016.
  • The Fresno Bee reports that Idaho will return the trip to Fresno State in 2014.
  • The Virginia-Pilot reports that Idaho will return the trip to Old Dominion in 2019.


http://www.fbschedules.com/201...tball-schedule/
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/17/2013 7:56 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few changes to the 2014 schedule.  With all the conference shuffles many schools will need to revise their schedules.  For instance, the MWC conference will have to include bjc and San Diego State.  MWC teams may have more no-league games if they go to 2 divisions or less if they don't.  Virtually every team besides us and NMSU will be revising their conference schedules so it may take a while to play out.  Not sure whether the result will make it tougher or easier for us to schedule as an Indy.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/18/2013 8:02 AM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



Idaduck wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few changes to the 2014 schedule.  With all the conference shuffles many schools will need to revise their schedules.  For instance, the MWC conference will have to include bjc and San Diego State.  MWC teams may have more no-league games if they go to 2 divisions or less if they don't.  Virtually every team besides us and NMSU will be revising their conference schedules so it may take a while to play out.  Not sure whether the result will make it tougher or easier for us to schedule as an Indy.
If a team need to opt out, doesn't it become: "Show me the $$"
1993 IDAHO Alumni

THE University of Idaho-  Idaho's Flagship Institution!!!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/18/2013 1:55 PM

RE: 2014 Schedule 


Hopefully The Big East takes UMASS and N Illinois to add some non conference USA teams or Toledo that would get us into the MAC.they play a lot of TV games and we could be part of the MACTION.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/22/2013 5:13 AM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



schmidthaus wrote:
Idaduck wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few changes to the 2014 schedule.  With all the conference shuffles many schools will need to revise their schedules.  For instance, the MWC conference will have to include bjc and San Diego State.  MWC teams may have more no-league games if they go to 2 divisions or less if they don't.  Virtually every team besides us and NMSU will be revising their conference schedules so it may take a while to play out.  Not sure whether the result will make it tougher or easier for us to schedule as an Indy.
If a team need to opt out, doesn't it become: "Show me the $$"
I'm sure Spear has the sense to include a stipulation in each contract what will happen if we find a conference and how we will get out of the buyout. It could be a buyout, it could be pushing the date back or dropping the return game in Moscow.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/22/2013 6:38 PM

RE: 2014 Schedule 



Mark2012 wrote: Hopefully The Big East takes UMASS and N Illinois to add some non conference USA teams or Toledo that would get us into the MAC.they play a lot of TV games and we could be part of the MACTION.
Why will the MAC take Idaho? They can go after North Dakota St, South Dakota St, N. Iowa, W. Illinois or Youngstown St. Idaho do not have no where to go but fcs. Sorry!frown Bad leadership killed Idaho.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/25/2013 2:37 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

8/30  @ Florida
9/13  Western Michigan
9/20  @ Ohio

TBA   Arkansas State
TBA   New Mexico State
TBA   @ Northern Illinois
TBA   @ Texas State
TBA   @ Fresno State

All games are return dates for 2013,
    except Ohio which has a return date in Idaho 9/5/2015
    and Florida which is a revenue game

Other 2013 return dates are at Temple in 2016, and at ODU in 2019

I think it will be easy to fill the 2014 schedule. A 2nd revenue game, an FCS opponent and a mid-major home game, maybe a regional road game would do it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/25/2013 4:19 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



sgwau96 wrote: You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

9/13  Western Michigan


It looks like we'll play the broncos one way or another.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/26/2013 4:09 AM

RE: 2014 Schedule 


Kinda was hoping for a cupcake schedule that seems to work for other teams.I think that is five bowl teams from this year and one more money game so at least six.The plus is easy sell to recruits our independent schedules are better than our conference schedules.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/26/2013 7:52 AM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



sgwau96 wrote: You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

8/30  @ Florida
9/13  Western Michigan
9/20  @ Ohio

TBA   Arkansas State
TBA   New Mexico State
TBA   @ Northern Illinois
TBA   @ Texas State
TBA   @ Fresno State

All games are return dates for 2013,
    except Ohio which has a return date in Idaho 9/5/2015
    and Florida which is a revenue game

Other 2013 return dates are at Temple in 2016, and at ODU in 2019

I think it will be easy to fill the 2014 schedule. A 2nd revenue game, an FCS opponent and a mid-major home game, maybe a regional road game would do it.
Excellent summary, thanks.

Looks like we are at a good point to sit and evaluate the conference landscape before scheduling more games.  Think we could jump to either the SB or MAC if invited and we probably wouln't have to cancel any OOC games.  If not, we schedule on.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 01/28/2013 6:56 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 


Consider the NMSU game played twice like in 2013 one home and one away... we already have 4 home games on the slate.. not a bad start
sgwau96 wrote: You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

8/30  @ Florida
9/13  Western Michigan
9/20  @ Ohio

TBA   Arkansas State
TBA   New Mexico State
TBA   @ Northern Illinois
TBA   @ Texas State
TBA   @ Fresno State

All games are return dates for 2013,
    except Ohio which has a return date in Idaho 9/5/2015
    and Florida which is a revenue game

Other 2013 return dates are at Temple in 2016, and at ODU in 2019

I think it will be easy to fill the 2014 schedule. A 2nd revenue game, an FCS opponent and a mid-major home game, maybe a regional road game would do it.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 01/30/2013 2:30 PM

Re: 2014 Schedule 



DanVandal wrote:
sgwau96 wrote: You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

8/30  @ Florida
9/13  Western Michigan
9/20  @ Ohio

TBA   Arkansas State
TBA   New Mexico State
TBA   @ Northern Illinois
TBA   @ Texas State
TBA   @ Fresno State

All games are return dates for 2013,
    except Ohio which has a return date in Idaho 9/5/2015
    and Florida which is a revenue game

Other 2013 return dates are at Temple in 2016, and at ODU in 2019

I think it will be easy to fill the 2014 schedule. A 2nd revenue game, an FCS opponent and a mid-major home game, maybe a regional road game would do it.
Excellent summary, thanks.

Looks like we are at a good point to sit and evaluate the conference landscape before scheduling more games.  Think we could jump to either the SB or MAC if invited and we probably wouln't have to cancel any OOC games.  If not, we schedule on.
Agreed.  I think RS deserves some Kudos for the actions he has taken this year in the wake of the WAC football conference falling apart.  Not getting into a conference during this last shake up is on everyone's mind, but aside from building a new outdoor stadium, RS has positioned us a good as you could expect in the last year.
We have a new coach that provides a lot of optimisim - not easy to do given the last two seasons under Akey.  (starting QB getting kicked of the team, 1-11 record, enough said)
We also have a great Indy football schedule for 2013 and poised to be able to continue it into 2014 while the conference shake ups continue.
Our Olympic sports are in the BSC, which makes perfect sense for scheduling and traveling.

For as much flack as I have given RS over the last couple of years due to our facility issues and just plain lack of competitiveness on the field, I have to give him some credit where credit is due. 

Now, ...... lets get that Event Center Built and figure out how we are going to improve our football facilities to get us back in line with our peer institutions!!!!

"The challenges are great, but so are the opportunities."
- UI President Chuck Staben

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 02/02/2013 6:09 AM

Re: 2014 Schedule 




---------------------------------------------
--- VandyBen wrote:


DanVandal wrote:
sgwau96 wrote: You are up to 8 games now for 2014, although only three dates are set

8/30  @ Florida
9/13  Western Michigan
9/20  @ Ohio

TBA   Arkansas State
TBA   New Mexico State
TBA   @ Northern Illinois
TBA   @ Texas State
TBA   @ Fresno State

All games are return dates for 2013,
    except Ohio which has a return date in Idaho 9/5/2015
    and Florida which is a revenue game

Other 2013 return dates are at Temple in 2016, and at ODU in 2019

I think it will be easy to fill the 2014 schedule. A 2nd revenue game, an FCS opponent and a mid-major home game, maybe a regional road game would do it.
Excellent summary, thanks.

Looks like we are at a good point to sit and evaluate the conference landscape before scheduling more games.  Think we could jump to either the SB or MAC if invited and we probably wouln't have to cancel any OOC games.  If not, we schedule on.
Agreed.  I think RS deserves some Kudos for the actions he has taken this year in the wake of the WAC football conference falling apart.  Not getting into a conference during this last shake up is on everyone's mind, but aside from building a new outdoor stadium, RS has positioned us a good as you could expect in the last year.
We have a new coach that provides a lot of optimisim - not easy to do given the last two seasons under Akey.  (starting QB getting kicked of the team, 1-11 record, enough said)
We also have a great Indy football schedule for 2013 and poised to be able to continue it into 2014 while the conference shake ups continue.
Our Olympic sports are in the BSC, which makes perfect sense for scheduling and traveling.

For as much flack as I have given RS over the last couple of years due to our facility issues and just plain lack of competitiveness on the field, I have to give him some credit where credit is due. 

Now, ...... lets get that Event Center Built and figure out how we are going to improve our football facilities to get us back in line with our peer institutions!!!!

---------------------------------------------

The problem is life isn't a self licking ice cream cone.
Yes the schedule looks good but there was a conference shakeup which eliminated us and Spear's decisions put us in a worse spot.
Talk about a football stadium? It's been happening for the past decade. No blueprints, no plan, no fundraising announced, that's not progress it's a pipe dream.
Ditto for basketball
Hired a good coach candidate? Well he just had to fire the coach he hired which makes 3 failed hires in a row.

We're giving a paid professional administrator and leader credit for screwing up across the board in his 9th year as AD. Why are we supporting getting rid of Akey, GP and maybe even Verlin? They barely have as many bad years as Spear and arguably have more bright spots! Welcome to the Stockholm syndrome errr I mean vandal nation!
Reply | Quote