Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >

Slow month for recruiting news

  • aepie
  • Walk-On
  • 215 posts this site

Posted: 8/14/2014 9:53 AM

Slow month for recruiting news 


This month has certainly been slow for recruiting news. Any updates would be appreciated.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 12:15 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


@WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious"  ~ Al McGuire
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 2:25 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



BuzzWilliams4Prez wrote: @WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.
Wasn't your prior screen name: TomCreen4Prez?    Isn't about time to make another change?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 4:45 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Yes it was, I have changed it on the boards I frequent most... I won't be changing it on scout.


---------------------------------------------
--- gus4badger wrote:


BuzzWilliams4Prez wrote: @WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.
Wasn't your prior screen name: TomCreen4Prez?    Isn't about time to make another change?

---------------------------------------------
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious"  ~ Al McGuire
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/14/2014 7:27 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



BuzzWilliams4Prez wrote: @WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.

tmoney thought that ellenson was a big time recruit, why would he go to a mid majoir? he might as well go to milwaukee or green bay.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 10:08 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



tmoneylovesguns wrote:
BuzzWilliams4Prez wrote: @WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.

tmoney thought that ellenson was a big time recruit, why would he go to a mid majoir? he might as well go to milwaukee or green bay.
ya, considering HE has said he wants to play on a "big stage", you would think that would eliminate marquette......wouldnt you.  in the end i think we get both Stone and Ellenson.   they are bonding in somewhere in Arabia on the under 17 team.   they will be a 'package' for Bucky.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/14/2014 10:30 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Seeing that the Badger staff hasn't made any new offers recently, it gives one hope that the staff is pretty sure that they will be getting verbals from their offers.  At this time, the Badgers have 6 offers for possibly 5 spots.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 3:20 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Sharma has stated he is concentrating on 3 schools: Stanford, Wisconsin, and Boston College. You guys have a good shot i'd say. I would assume Bo gets an official from JS so it depends what happens with DS and HE because I am sure they are top tier priorities for your staff.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:16 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Now I realize I've been following recruiting for over 40 years and fans can go over the top, but to call Marquette a mid-major is ridiculous.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:43 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Pujo...If you choose to post here to respond make sure you realize who and what you are dealing with...many posters who now represent an entitlement mentality. I'm a UW grad and have frequently been embarassed by stuff I routinely read on this board. Seems many cannot merely be happy with the phenomenal success Bo has brought the U but have a real need to diss their "irrelevant" neighbor to the east. Have never understood why anything MU does should even be a concern...does not fit the usual nerrative of how unimportant the MU program is. Many like to have it both ways...have a real psychological need to belittle. It's pure BS and always has been. Celebrate how Bo has changed the UW personna and enjoy the moment. Just like I said when Al left MU....it will never be as good so enjoy every moment.
Reply | Quote
  • jakeec
  • Junior
  • 3345 posts this site

Posted: 8/15/2014 11:43 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



bchip wrote: Pujo...If you choose to post here to respond make sure you realize who and what you are dealing with...many posters who now represent an entitlement mentality. I'm a UW grad and have frequently been embarassed by stuff I routinely read on this board. Seems many cannot merely be happy with the phenomenal success Bo has brought the U but have a real need to diss their "irrelevant" neighbor to the east. Have never understood why anything MU does should even be a concern...does not fit the usual nerrative of how unimportant the MU program is. Many like to have it both ways...have a real psychological need to belittle. It's pure BS and always has been. Celebrate how Bo has changed the UW personna and enjoy the moment. Just like I said when Al left MU....it will never be as good so enjoy every moment.
Yes because Bo and UW are never belittled on the Marquette board. Come on.  It is a message board.  There were times during the year where Dodds board had 4 threads dissing the Badgers on the front page.  

 I dont think most feel marquette is a true mid-major but some like me feel the Big East is a step behind the power conferences because it lacks elite teams like the Big Ten, Big 12, SEC, ACC and Pac 10 have.  That is not a knock.  I just think it is the 6th best conference.  I know there are stats that will say they are higher but they dont have OSU, MSU, UW or Texas, Kansas, or Kentucky, Florida, or Duke, UNC, etc, or Arizona, UCLA.  Georgetown, Nova, MU is a step down because I dont see a team that is a consistent national championship contender in the conference.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 12:16 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



Puju1 wrote: Now I realize I've been following recruiting for over 40 years and fans can go over the top, but to call Marquette a mid-major is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous.  It's perfectly logical and reasonable to assign high/mid labels based on conference affiliation.  A lot of fans and media consider the P5 conferences to be high-major.  That's where the imaginary line is drawn.  MU is not in a P5 conference and is therefore at the next level (i.e. mid-major).  You can choose a different way to assign the labels but that doesn't make the arguably more accepted way wrong (let alone ridiculous).

Shortly after Marquette got into the old Big East I predicted that the Big East was dead man walking and that MU would end up in a conference with GTown, Nova, St. Johns, etc...  MU fans told me I was crazy.  I was a hater.  No way it would ever happen...

Lately I've been making a similar prediction that the P5 conferences are going to slowly but surely separate themselves further and further from the mid and low majors.  The writing is on the wall.  I'm not talking the kind of separation you see between high and mid majors.  I'm talking closer to the kind you see between D1 and D2.  It's going to take years if not decades but that's where I think things are heading.  Feel free to call me a crazy hater if it makes you feel better.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 12:52 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


I won't call you a hater, but I'll be frank.  One of the reasons for college basketballs popularity is that the smaller schools can compete in Division 1.  If it becomes P5 conferences in their own division, the popularity for fan bases of those schools will still be there, although my predicition is that if it goes that direction, it will never be as popular as it is now.  Too much history with the non-P5 schools in basketball.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 1:55 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



Puju1 wrote: I won't call you a hater, but I'll be frank.  One of the reasons for college basketballs popularity is that the smaller schools can compete in Division 1.  If it becomes P5 conferences in their own division, the popularity for fan bases of those schools will still be there, although my predicition is that if it goes that direction, it will never be as popular as it is now.  Too much history with the non-P5 schools in basketball.
This sounds like something a fan of a mid-major would say.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 3:10 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



OnWi5con5in wrote:
Puju1 wrote: I won't call you a hater, but I'll be frank.  One of the reasons for college basketballs popularity is that the smaller schools can compete in Division 1.  If it becomes P5 conferences in their own division, the popularity for fan bases of those schools will still be there, although my predicition is that if it goes that direction, it will never be as popular as it is now.  Too much history with the non-P5 schools in basketball.
This sounds like something a fan of a mid-major would say.
Yes it does, but it's still true. Underdogs are a big selling point during March Madness and fun to watch.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 4:06 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



ABadgerBuddy wrote: Seeing that the Badger staff hasn't made any new offers recently, it gives one hope that the staff is pretty sure that they will be getting verbals from their offers.  At this time, the Badgers have 6 offers for possibly 5 spots.
Actually it is more like ten or eleven offers for six spots over the next two years, with three of them 5-star recruits and five of them 4-star recruits.  You have to view it as a two-year thing.

Last edited 8/15/2014 4:10 PM by dcamp

Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 4:25 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Not necessarily, since some of the 5 stars might be one-and-done.  There also may be other fall-out that second year.


ABadgerBuddy wrote: Seeing that the Badger staff hasn't made any new offers recently, it gives one hope that the staff is pretty sure that they will be getting verbals from their offers.  At this time, the Badgers have 6 offers for possibly 5 spots.
Actually it is more like ten or eleven offers for six spots over the next two years, with three of them 5-star recruits and five of them 4-star recruits.  You have to view it as a two-year thing.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 5:07 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



Puju1 wrote: I won't call you a hater, but I'll be frank.  One of the reasons for college basketballs popularity is that the smaller schools can compete in Division 1.  If it becomes P5 conferences in their own division, the popularity for fan bases of those schools will still be there, although my predicition is that if it goes that direction, it will never be as popular as it is now.  Too much history with the non-P5 schools in basketball.
Unless they allow for extra scholarships, I don't see that happening. There will always be guys that would sit for four years at UNC who go on to succeed at places like Davidson.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 5:46 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



DWILL05 wrote: Sharma has stated he is concentrating on 3 schools: Stanford, Wisconsin, and Boston College. You guys have a good shot i'd say. I would assume Bo gets an official from JS so it depends what happens with DS and HE because I am sure they are top tier priorities for your staff.
per usual your post contains plenty of misinformation and no value.

Sharma has already taken his official to UW.

UW would accept a commitment from Sharma at any time.
" Bo Ryan doesn't specialize in either offense or defense, just excellence."
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 8:50 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



Puju1 wrote: Now I realize I've been following recruiting for over 40 years and fans can go over the top, but to call Marquette a mid-major is ridiculous.

how is thier football team going to do this year........
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:09 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



tmoneylovesguns wrote:
Puju1 wrote: Now I realize I've been following recruiting for over 40 years and fans can go over the top, but to call Marquette a mid-major is ridiculous.

how is thier football team going to do this year........
Am I posting on the football board?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:15 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Funny thing is when I go on the MU board I see nothing about UW but when I read this site there is always 3-4 topics with MU in the title. I honestly think all the UW diehards are very jealous of all the success little ol Marquette has had
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:46 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Despite the fact that Dodds quickly bans anyone who suggests anything resembling Badger favoritism, unlike this Board, there still many many discussiona about the Badgers on the Scout MU Board.


---------------------------------------------
--- dougz1 wrote:

Funny thing is when I go on the MU board I see nothing about UW but when I read this site there is always 3-4 topics with MU in the title. I honestly think all the UW diehards are very jealous of all the success little ol Marquette has had

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 9:48 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



Madtowntom wrote: Despite the fact that Dodds quickly bans anyone who suggests anything resembling Badger favoritism, unlike this Board, there still many many discussiona about the Badgers on the Scout MU Board.


---------------------------------------------
--- dougz1 wrote:

Funny thing is when I go on the MU board I see nothing about UW but when I read this site there is always 3-4 topics with MU in the title. I honestly think all the UW diehards are very jealous of all the success little ol Marquette has had

---------------------------------------------
Bingo.

Dodds would ban dougz1 for that comment if he ran this board. Biggest tool in the state.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 8/15/2014 10:13 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


I got banned on the Marquette Board for saying something negative about the guard they had a couple years ago that came in with a third grade reading level and left performing at the "honors " level. LOL....
 
You come at the king, you best not miss.
Reply | Quote
  • jakeec
  • Junior
  • 3345 posts this site

Posted: 8/15/2014 11:11 PM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


This is such a lie. Dogs board has often had uw threads obliging mocking the football team. And like others have said dodds won't let badger fans post. I got banned for defending bo and not even saying anything negative about marquette.


---------------------------------------------
--- dougz1 wrote:

Funny thing is when I go on the MU board I see nothing about UW but when I read this site there is always 3-4 topics with MU in the title. I honestly think all the UW diehards are very jealous of all the success little ol Marquette has had

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/16/2014 7:55 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 





---------------------------------------------
--- dougz1 wrote:

Funny thing is when I go on the MU board I see nothing about UW but when I read this site there is always 3-4 topics with MU in the title. I honestly think all the UW diehards are very jealous of all the success little ol Marquette has had

---------------------------------------------

Yeah you're right there is never any conversation on the MU boards about UW. Thanks for pointing that out.
" Bo Ryan doesn't specialize in either offense or defense, just excellence."
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/16/2014 8:39 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Tick, tock, tick, tock.....our FB brothers are tearing it up and we are here still waiting for our 2nd recruit......get your asses up and put the full court press on Stone, Ellenson, Sharma, and Johnson. This is ridiculous!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/16/2014 9:15 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 


Settle down Francis, Stone and Ellenson already announced when they would be committing and neither one said it would be this summer. This is a conversation that be revisited in November, don't worry yourself so much.
mikhael94401 wrote: Tick, tock, tick, tock.....our FB brothers are tearing it up and we are here still waiting for our 2nd recruit......get your asses up and put the full court press on Stone, Ellenson, Sharma, and Johnson. This is ridiculous!
Reply | Quote

Posted: 8/16/2014 10:10 AM

Re: Slow month for recruiting news 



tmoneylovesguns wrote:
BuzzWilliams4Prez wrote: @WisBBYearbook: Best guess on where Diamond Stone and Henry Ellenson wind up for college? Stone = Wisconsin or UConn, Ellenson = Marquette.

That's great news for you guys I'd imagine.

tmoney thought that ellenson was a big time recruit, why would he go to a mid majoir? he might as well go to milwaukee or green bay.


The mid-major must really be doing good for themselves if the they have multiple top 100 kids from Wisconsin committed....
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 5  Next >