Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >

Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:37 AM

Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


1. Sharma. (Very interested, per all indications - Compare his quote about Wisconsin to every other school he visited). But he will do his due diligence. See this, and this.)

2. Ellenson. Seems likely to go to Marquette because of the fact his brother is going to be there. Plus because his AAU teammate Nik Noskowiak has already committed there).

3. Stone. LOL! Not a chance he goes to Wisconsin at this point. He's even touting Maryland more than UW now.

At this point, cut your losses Bo. Concentrate on Sharma. Send your assistants to see Ellenson and Stone. Hope Sam can help recruit Ellenson at Lebron's skills camp. But, devote your personal attention to landing Sharma. He may actually turn out to be better than the other two anyway.

Last edited 7/11/2014 9:48 AM by George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:46 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


You're very good at misrepresenting things that Diamond Stone says.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:47 AM

Ranking George's Worst Posts 


Ranking George's Worst Posts
1A. This one
1B. The rest of them
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:49 AM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



jbooshey wrote: Ranking George's Worst Posts
1A. This one
1B. The rest of them
1C. The ones he thought about posting and didn't
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:51 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


Just being honest. If people want to delude themselves into thinking that Diamond Stone is coming to Wisconsin, at this point, that's their problem.

I wish he would. It's a great fit for him in many ways. But, it's not happening.
derivative wrote: You're very good at misrepresenting things that Diamond Stone says.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:53 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


I think Dekker is going to influence Ellenson to go to Wisconsin.  

We can hope, can't we?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:55 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


You're not being honest, you're misrepresenting his words by giving them meaning that they don't have when taken within context.  Whether or not he goes to Wisconsin has nothing to do with this.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:35 AM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



jbooshey wrote: Ranking George's Worst Posts
1A. This one
1B. The rest of them
As bad as this post might be, not even close to his worst.  Just go back to any in game commentary and you can find gems like these from the Oregon game:

Well. It was a great season. Bye Badgers. Try again next year. Hopefully they gain some toughness.

Bo Ryan laying another tournament egg.

Badgers have no depth, playing at a fast pace. Not very quick on defense.

Good night guys. This is a ***********.

Bo Ryan is a bad tournament coach. How many years has he got beat by a lower seed?

The Badgers have been a crap-ass soft defensive team all year. As usual, their flaws get exposed in the tournament and subject the team to ridicule.

Because Frank is as tough as a marshmallow. They're fronting him. Frank should be pushing his man way out and take lobs over his head. But he's a weakling who gets rejected by 6'7" guys. 

thank God for Syracuse. Otherwise the Badgers losing would be the story of the
night.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:51 AM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 


I forgot that something is wrong with you.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:53 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


Poor, poor George, so unfairly persecuted. Every cart has to have an ass in front of it. Right, George?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:54 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 



George2k5 wrote: No I'm not. You're an effing liar. Taken out of context, the quotes about Maryland make it sound like he REALLY LIKES Maryland. I haven't seen similar quotes about Wisconsin in over a year from him. He talks about everyone else BUT Wisconsin. Contrast that to Sharma.

At some point, the head up their ass crowd needs to start dealing with reality.
derivative wrote: You're not being honest, you're misrepresenting his words by giving them meaning that they don't have when taken within context.  Whether or not he goes to Wisconsin has nothing to do with this.
He was talking to Josh Stirn, a Maryland insider.  Of course he will speak favorably of Maryland.  What the hell did you expect?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 11:51 AM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



George2k5 wrote: Yep. The head up their ass Badger fans are out in force this morning, I see.  Not a single person on Planet Earth wasn't thinking exactly those same thoughts after the POS first half played by the Badgers vs Oregon in the tournament last year. Not one.

But, I'm the one who said it publicly, so I get raked over the coals.

I'm sick an tired of the head up the ass crowd just moving the goal posts all the time. My favorite buttclown is the guy who has my tagline from several years ago saying that unless Bo changes his offense and upgrades his players, he's not going to win anymore in the B1G. Well, he upgraded his players and changed his offense. And he went to the final four.

Naturally, the success of the team was used as an excuse to bash me, even though i was actually 100% right!

Nothing in my post above is inaccurate, BTW. I'd like someone to post a single shread of evidence that Diamond Stone even has Wisconsin in his top 3 teams right now, much less that we are leading for him.

I dare you. Prove me wrong, or shut up.
D3Badger wrote:
jbooshey wrote: Ranking George's Worst Posts
1A. This one
1B. The rest of them
As bad as this post might be, not even close to his worst.  Just go back to any in game commentary and you can find gems like these from the Oregon game:

Well. It was a great season. Bye Badgers. Try again next year. Hopefully they gain some toughness.

Bo Ryan laying another tournament egg.

Badgers have no depth, playing at a fast pace. Not very quick on defense.

Good night guys. This is a ***********.

Bo Ryan is a bad tournament coach. How many years has he got beat by a lower seed?

The Badgers have been a crap-ass soft defensive team all year. As usual, their flaws get exposed in the tournament and subject the team to ridicule.

Because Frank is as tough as a marshmallow. They're fronting him. Frank should be pushing his man way out and take lobs over his head. But he's a weakling who gets rejected by 6'7" guys. 

thank God for Syracuse. Otherwise the Badgers losing would be the story of the
night.
And another classic straw man is created.  Since Stone has not named a top three how can anyone prove you wrong?  However, can you prove that Wisconsin is not currently his #1 choice?  Are you willing to do it or "shut up"?
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 12:04 PM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



derivative wrote: I forgot that something is wrong with you.

LOL.
Well said.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 12:20 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


You couldn't be more wrong RE: Diamond Stone. It's looking like he's a Wisconsin lean. Apparently Jerry Meyer (national recruiting analyst) will be predicting Stone to UW.

Also the fact that Bo AND Lamont Paris are at Stone's AAU games show that Wisconsin thinks they have a great shot. Bo doesn't waste time like that if he thinks he's got no chance.

Basically George you are a total idiot but that's been proven time after time.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 12:44 PM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 


A red card is held up before George2K5, for unsportsmanlike language.  Go sit down George.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 12:48 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


I don't know if Wisconsin is the favorite to land Stone at this point, but given his recent comments where he appeared to back off the "package deal" thing, I don't see any reason why the Badgers wouldn't be considered by outsiders as ONE of his favorites.  However, nobody knows which direction he's REALLY leaning besides the Stone family inner circle...that includes national recruiting analysts and poor delusional George.
BigTenwatcher wrote: You couldn't be more wrong RE: Diamond Stone. It's looking like he's a Wisconsin lean. Apparently Jerry Meyer (national recruiting analyst) will be predicting Stone to UW.

Also the fact that Bo AND Lamont Paris are at Stone's AAU games show that Wisconsin thinks they have a great shot. Bo doesn't waste time like that if he thinks he's got no chance.

Basically George you are a total idiot but that's been proven time after time.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 1:12 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 



George2k5 wrote:

3. Stone. LOL! Not a chance he goes to Wisconsin at this point. He's even touting Maryland more than UW now.


kind of funny now eek1

"Stone: (Wisconsin) "could be my school"

http://wisconsin.*************...-Stone-29569929
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 2:55 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


G2 could not have been more timely is his assertion.  blah2

Stone immediately makes him look (even more) foolish.

Go Badgers!  On Wisconsin!

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 3:10 PM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 


That is because you were the only moron that did not realize there was a lot of game to be played like a whole second half.

But no you didn't learn!  So here you are again spouting your absolutes when there is a long time to go yet
George2k5 wrote: Yep. The head up their ass Badger fans are out in force this morning, I see.  Not a single person on Planet Earth wasn't thinking exactly those same thoughts after the POS first half played by the Badgers vs Oregon in the tournament last year. Not one.

But, I'm the one who said it publicly, so I get raked over the coals.
No License is needed for #BeastMode!
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 7:57 PM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



DocWrestling wrote: That is because you were the only moron that did not realize there was a lot of game to be played like a whole second half.

But no you didn't learn!  So here you are again spouting your absolutes when there is a long time to go yet
George2k5 wrote: Yep. The head up their ass Badger fans are out in force this morning, I see.  Not a single person on Planet Earth wasn't thinking exactly those same thoughts after the POS first half played by the Badgers vs Oregon in the tournament last year. Not one.

But, I'm the one who said it publicly, so I get raked over the coals.
I told my wife that they'd have the lead by the 12 minute timeout.  Because, ya know, I watched Oregon play like 15 times last year and knew they wouldn't stay that hot and would continue to play the garbage defense they played all year.

So bite me George.

I got the shotgun....you got the briefcase......all in the game though


 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/11/2014 8:42 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate. 

Yes we have until November, yes G2k5 is sounding off in absolutes, but hey none of you have NOTHING to ad to this scenario other than to cut the man down!   

As for this thread.......George,  at this point you simply cant count Henry or Diamond out , so be cool have another Miller and relax.  As for Sharma i think he is over his infatuation with BO and the Badgers,
if he hasn't committed by now i doubt he will........imho.

To ALL carry on and have a nice summer!

And PS,  there are at least 40+ players [2-5*] that have interest in the UW so its not like we are bankrupt.

Last edited 7/12/2014 12:26 PM by redline59

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/11/2014 9:58 PM

Re: Ranking George's Worst Posts 



briangoodisquick wrote:
DocWrestling wrote: That is because you were the only moron that did not realize there was a lot of game to be played like a whole second half.

But no you didn't learn!  So here you are again spouting your absolutes when there is a long time to go yet
George2k5 wrote: Yep. The head up their ass Badger fans are out in force this morning, I see.  Not a single person on Planet Earth wasn't thinking exactly those same thoughts after the POS first half played by the Badgers vs Oregon in the tournament last year. Not one.

But, I'm the one who said it publicly, so I get raked over the coals.
I told my wife that they'd have the lead by the 12 minute timeout.  Because, ya know, I watched Oregon play like 15 times last year and knew they wouldn't stay that hot and would continue to play the garbage defense they played all year.

So bite me George.

tmoney said the badgers would have the lead to 4 by the first timeout in the second half.

so take that.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/12/2014 7:21 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 



redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate. 

Yes we have until November, yes G2k5 is sounding off in absolutes, but hey none of you have NOTHING to ad to this scenario other than to cut the man down!   

As for this thread.......George,  at this point you simply cant count Henry or Diamond out , so be cool have another Miller and relax.  As for Sharma i think he is over his infatuation with BO and the Badgers,
if he hasn't committed by now i doubt he will........imho.

To ALL carry on and have a nice summer!

And PS,  there are at least 40+ players [2-5*] that have interest in the UW so its not like we are bankrupt.
First time for everything I suppose.

I got the shotgun....you got the briefcase......all in the game though


 

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/12/2014 8:37 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 



briangoodisquick wrote:
redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate. 

Yes we have until November, yes G2k5 is sounding off in absolutes, but hey none of you have NOTHING to ad to this scenario other than to cut the man down!   

As for this thread.......George,  at this point you simply cant count Henry or Diamond out , so be cool have another Miller and relax.  As for Sharma i think he is over his infatuation with BO and the Badgers,
if he hasn't committed by now i doubt he will........imho.

To ALL carry on and have a nice summer!

And PS,  there are at least 40+ players [2-5*] that have interest in the UW so its not like we are bankrupt.
First time for everything I suppose.
Ha, benefit of the doubt i guess.   Still got to admit he did some homework before posting, even if it's a
little dated concerning Mr Stone, whom i now believe is going to be a Bucky Badger.

Last edited 7/12/2014 8:39 PM by redline59

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:03 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate.

Crayon drawings and pasting cutout figures in a book is hardly homework. 
Don't believe what you read on internet message boards - that's what started WWI.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:34 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


No. He was referring to the then, very recent, legitimate information sources that I linked to to back up what I wrote. As opposed to the _____________ posted by everyone else here who came to "rebut" my comments or call them garbage.

Now, ironically (or maybe not) right after this thread was posted, Scout actually asked Diamond about Wisconsin! And he said "Wisconsin might be my school." Wow. That's quote a ringing endorsement there. Why, exactly? Do you like the coaches? The other players? The campus? The engineering department? The Kohl Center and game day atmosphere? What is it, exactly, that might make Wisconsin "[your] school?"

Josh Sharma has a pretty long laundry list of stuff he likes about Wisconsin, and as recently as this week told Jeff Potrykus that he "loved" Wisconsin.

Excuse me if Diamond's pronouncement doesn't change my opinion.
redgym wrote: redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate.

Crayon drawings and pasting cutout figures in a book is hardly homework. 

Last edited 7/13/2014 11:35 AM by George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 11:43 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


I posted 5 links to credible recent sources of information to back up what I wrote. If that's what you regard as "crayon drawings" etc, that explains why your comments here are so idiotic most of the time.
redgym wrote: redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate.

Crayon drawings and pasting cutout figures in a book is hardly homework. 

Last edited 7/13/2014 11:44 AM by George2k5

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 12:10 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 



George2k5 wrote: I posted 5 links to credible recent sources of information to back up what I wrote. If that's what you regard as "crayon drawings" etc, that explains why your comments here are so idiotic most of the time.
redgym wrote: redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate.

Crayon drawings and pasting cutout figures in a book is hardly homework. 
No source is credible when it comes to where a kid is going unless it comes from the kid himself. By now you should know that, George. They can only speculate just like you and me.

Last edited 7/13/2014 12:11 PM by UnknownBadger

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/13/2014 12:16 PM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


If your homework scores an F I'm not sure you should get credit for 'doing it.'

The 'benefit of the doubt' line is hilarious. His posts are consistently awful opinions that he presents as 'fact.' Nothing more.


---------------------------------------------
--- redline59 wrote:


briangoodisquick wrote:
redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate. 

Yes we have until November, yes G2k5 is sounding off in absolutes, but hey none of you have NOTHING to ad to this scenario other than to cut the man down!   

As for this thread.......George,  at this point you simply cant count Henry or Diamond out , so be cool have another Miller and relax.  As for Sharma i think he is over his infatuation with BO and the Badgers,
if he hasn't committed by now i doubt he will........imho.

To ALL carry on and have a nice summer!

And PS,  there are at least 40+ players [2-5*] that have interest in the UW so its not like we are bankrupt.
First time for everything I suppose.
Ha, benefit of the doubt i guess.   Still got to admit he did some homework before posting, even if it's a
little dated concerning Mr Stone, whom i now believe is going to be a Bucky Badger.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/14/2014 11:46 AM

Re: Ranking the top 3 Big Man targets in terms of interest in UW 


Exactamundo.  My thoughts exactly.  George's opinion is based on the opinions of those who follow these athletes around and TRY to get inside information from them.  In some cases (where the athlete in question is more open) this might be a useful approach.  However, Stone and his family have been rather coy and purposefully guarded in the statements that they've made publicly...a good approach in my opinion as this is a very young man we're talking about.  Long story short, anything the so-called recruiting experts think they might now is pure speculation at this point.  And that goes double for anything George thinks he knows about this because he's even further removed from the situation.  I'll give him credit for the research, but his opinions about where Stone may or may not be going mean exactly nothing.

A better indicator would be what recruits of similar stature have done in the past.  And with the exception of Butch and Dekker, most have unfortunately gone somewhere other than Wisconsin.  But in his heart Wisconsin might offer exactly what Stone wants.  Only he knows for sure.
UnknownBadger wrote:
George2k5 wrote: I posted 5 links to credible recent sources of information to back up what I wrote. If that's what you regard as "crayon drawings" etc, that explains why your comments here are so idiotic most of the time.
redgym wrote: redline59 wrote: George has done his homework which is more than i can say for some of you.  Even if it sounds a little desperate.

Crayon drawings and pasting cutout figures in a book is hardly homework. 
No source is credible when it comes to where a kid is going unless it comes from the kid himself. By now you should know that, George. They can only speculate just like you and me.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 2  Next >