Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 39  Next >

Alex Collins

Posted: 6/16/2012 8:10 AM

Alex Collins 


Florida State just got a commitment from Ryan Green, stud RB. This has to seriously help UW's chances of landing Collins since it has looked like it will be between UW and FSU for him.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/16/2012 9:48 AM

Re: Alex Collins 


Is Miami still in it?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/16/2012 10:21 AM

Re: Alex Collins 


I might be out of the loop on this one, but did Alex Collins de-commit from Miami?
Reply | Quote
  • 84bucky
  • Walk-On
  • 408 posts this site

Posted: 6/16/2012 10:34 AM

Re: Alex Collins 


Still a soft commit I believe.
Reply | Quote
  • mrjets14
  • Sophomore
  • 2491 posts this site

Posted: 6/16/2012 11:07 AM

Re: Alex Collins 



hoopsgalore wrote: I might be out of the loop on this one, but did Alex Collins de-commit from Miami?
Hoops...he hasn't de-comitted....but he has decided to "date other women".biggrin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/16/2012 3:33 PM

Re: Alex Collins 


Click image for larger version.     Name: alex throwin up the U.jpg   Views: 8   Size: 69.1 KB   ID: 8104

We will see.  Way too early in the process, February is a long ways away.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/16/2012 3:36 PM

Re: Alex Collins 


Landing Collins from South Florida would an amazing job well done by coach Partridge....
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/16/2012 5:21 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 9:35 AM

Re: Alex Collins 



Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/19/2012 12:12 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 12:28 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???

He hasn't signed anything, and neither has the school. Either side can rescind the offer at any time, up to and including signing day.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 4:04 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???

See Indiana or Marquette in basketball for the proper way to handle this.  Usually it is best to let the kid sign a LOI so that he cannot transfer in-conference without paying his own way.  Then you can get him on campus to see his skills in person.  If they are not up-to-snuff, then you can recruit a JUCO, D1 transfer, or another senior the following year (or at the same time if you are truly doing things the right way).

Participation awards have become the downfall of the US.  We have traded our work ethic for mediocrity.  No longer do we strive to become the best at what we do.  Instead, we are all "special" just for showing up and giving minimal effort.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 7:23 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



Bacchus1 wrote:
SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???

He hasn't signed anything, and neither has the school. Either side can rescind the offer at any time, up to and including signing day.
Of course, he's taking about sending the kid paperwork on signing day.  As a recruiter, if you were so inclined, you'd break it off long before signing day.
A strange situation,
A wild occupation,
Living my life,
Like a song....

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 7:28 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



badgerman27 wrote:
Bacchus1 wrote:
SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???

He hasn't signed anything, and neither has the school. Either side can rescind the offer at any time, up to and including signing day.
Of course, he's taking about sending the kid paperwork on signing day.  As a recruiter, if you were so inclined, you'd break it off long before signing day.
Huh? That's not implied anywhere in his message.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/19/2012 8:19 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???
I took that to mean he was talking about signing day, and whether they were obligated to still honor their scholarship offer.
A strange situation,
A wild occupation,
Living my life,
Like a song....

Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 6/20/2012 7:48 AM

Re: Alex Collins 



badgerman27 wrote:
SamuraiBucky wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
Tbaz11 wrote:
PrairieBadger94 wrote: Is Miami still in it?
Yes, I'm not sure why the op didn't include the school he is currently committed to.

Because he is committed to Miami in the same way that Dodson was committed to UW in January.  Players most often don't decommit until they are ready to re-commit somewhere else.  IMO he's not going to Miami.
This was probably covered on this board already, so I apologize if the dead horse has been beaten...

Let's say a school offers a kid and he verbally accepts.  A little while later, he decides to "date other women."  Does the school need to send paperwork to the kid for him to sign, or can they just say, "You looked elsewhere and didn't communicate with us your intentions.  We gave your scholarship to somebody else." ???
I took that to mean he was talking about signing day, and whether they were obligated to still honor their scholarship offer.
Sorry for the confusion.  I was talking about a situation like this:

There is an "agreement" that a scholarship has been offered.  The kid verbally accepts.  The school finds out that the kid is looking around and on signing day, chooses not to send paperwork.  In essence, the scholarship offer is rescinded.

Thanks...
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2012 4:00 PM

RE: Alex Collins 


In theory, there is no reason why that couldn't be done but the bigger question would be why a school do something like that? It would be the ultimate "cut off your nose to spite your face" move. If it is national signing day and the kid (that you deemed worthy of a scholarship sometime in the past) is ready to sign with you, why would any school not allow that kid to sign? Because he hurt the coach's feelings by looking around a little?

I don't care where our players are from or which schools they flirted with in the past. Once they sign, they are 100% Badgers.
wiscONsin
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2012 4:19 PM

RE: Alex Collins 



BadgerMilk wrote: In theory, there is no reason why that couldn't be done but the bigger question would be why a school do something like that? It would be the ultimate "cut off your nose to spite your face" move. If it is national signing day and the kid (that you deemed worthy of a scholarship sometime in the past) is ready to sign with you, why would any school not allow that kid to sign? Because he hurt the coach's feelings by looking around a little?

I don't care where our players are from or which schools they flirted with in the past. Once they sign, they are 100% Badgers.

The players and the staff are in contact by phone, e-mail or Facebook nearly every day.  What would happen is that the school, if it were so inclined (though many are not) would tell the player that they wanted a firm commitment such that they are no longer talking to other schools.  If the player won't make a firm commitment, the school tells the player they are going to have to consider their spot open, effectively rescinding the offer.  That would happen long before signing day.  Who knows what Miami may have told Collins, but I highly doubt they're telling him he no longer has a spot.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/20/2012 6:50 PM

Re: Alex Collins 


This is nothing new, we it it happen to us last year.....like "milk" said nothing is for sure until the kid signs.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/5/2012 1:12 PM

Re: Alex Collins 


Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/5/2012 2:03 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/5/2012 9:53 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



Kilgore309 wrote:
BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.
From what I've heard the latest conversations between Miami and Collins makes them feel even more confident he sticks.

Ray Lewis Jr is not going to be a factor at RB.

We're looking to take another RB because after this year we're only going to have two RBs on scholly. Since our 2012 RB looks to be having problems coming in. Two RB's was always the talk with Miami.

Golden: Are we not supposed to beat Alabama, Florida, Florida State down here? Five rings in that office down the hall that's what we're trying to get back to.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/5/2012 9:56 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



AllbouttheU wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.


Ray Lewis Jr is not going to be a factor at RB.

i.e. he's bad? Or he's switching positions?

And have you heard of grade issues with Collins? Someone said on another board he may not get into Miami academically.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2012 12:36 AM

Re: Alex Collins 



BuckyBadger63 wrote:
AllbouttheU wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.


Ray Lewis Jr is not going to be a factor at RB.

i.e. he's bad? Or he's switching positions?

And have you heard of grade issues with Collins? Someone said on another board he may not get into Miami academically.
wait, what? If he can't get into Miami, how the hell is going to be able to hang at UW?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2012 7:37 AM

RE: Alex Collins 


Miami is a VERY good school.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2012 8:51 AM

RE: Alex Collins 



gpw81 wrote: Miami is a VERY good school.

Please - I beg everyone not to turn this thread into yet another quality-of-schools discussion.

Collins couldn't have been worried about Lewis Jr. from a playing time standpoint, yet he has been looking around anyway.  I'm hopeful that he sees that he would have a better situation at UW, but if Miami really will only have two scholarship RB's returning Collins will obviously see the field early down there.  How do you end up with only 2 scholarship RB's anyway?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2012 8:57 AM

Re: Alex Collins 



spottedbadger wrote:
BuckyBadger63 wrote:
AllbouttheU wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.


Ray Lewis Jr is not going to be a factor at RB.

i.e. he's bad? Or he's switching positions?

And have you heard of grade issues with Collins? Someone said on another board he may not get into Miami academically.
wait, what? If he can't get into Miami, how the hell is going to be able to hang at UW?
Don't worry, I had the same question. All I got was some cryptic answer about sliding scales and Miami having trouble with some SoFla high schools.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/6/2012 11:47 AM

RE: Alex Collins 



Kilgore309 wrote:
gpw81 wrote: Miami is a VERY good school.

Please - I beg everyone not to turn this thread into yet another quality-of-schools discussion.

Collins couldn't have been worried about Lewis Jr. from a playing time standpoint, yet he has been looking around anyway.  I'm hopeful that he sees that he would have a better situation at UW, but if Miami really will only have two scholarship RB's returning Collins will obviously see the field early down there.  How do you end up with only 2 scholarship RB's anyway?

I'm not turning it into a quality-of-schools discussion.  I'm simply pointing out that Miami is a good school, I never said better or worse than UW.  Most people don't realize that the school is good, despite the poor reputation of the football program.
Reply | Quote
Avatar

Posted: 7/6/2012 9:42 PM

Re: Alex Collins 



BuckyBadger63 wrote:
AllbouttheU wrote:
Kilgore309 wrote:
BadRick wrote: Any more current info on Collin's leanings anyone?

Not a lot.  But Miami looks to have decent shot to land A.J. Turman, especially if Collins looks like he might jump ship.  They already have one other RB verbal (Ray Lewis' son), have several other RB offers out, and just gave a new one a week ago to a player who should be very interested in Miami based on his offer list.  Doesn't look like they're very confident that Collins sticks with them IMO.


Ray Lewis Jr is not going to be a factor at RB.

i.e. he's bad? Or he's switching positions?

And have you heard of grade issues with Collins? Someone said on another board he may not get into Miami academically.
Well Ray Jr. isn't Miami caliber imo. I just don't see him ever being a real contributer to the team. Might stay at RB or be a Safety but I'm just not a fan.

He was ruled inelible his Sophomore year so there are concerns, It seems though he's trying to do whatever he can to make up for his sophomore year. If any of you guys have seen him speak in interviews you can tell the kid is intelligent and well spoken I think he was just lazy in School.

Golden: Are we not supposed to beat Alabama, Florida, Florida State down here? Five rings in that office down the hall that's what we're trying to get back to.

Reply | Quote

Posted: 7/20/2012 5:23 PM

Re: Alex Collins 


Hopefully Collins is keeping an eye on this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/n...violations.html
 
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 39  Next >