Free Trial Ad
Why Subscribe?
  • Player/Prospect News
  • Exclusive Insider Info
  • Members-Only Forums
  • Exclusive Videos
  • Subscribe Now!
InboxChat RoomChat Room (0 fans in chatroom)
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >

2015 Recruiting

Posted: 6/18/2014 11:55 AM

2015 Recruiting 


UW currently has six commits rated four stars by at least one of the recruiting services (Penniston, Howard, Dietzen, Moorman, Madden, Kafentzis).  Last year, UW had five commits TOTAL at this time, four of whom were in-staters. 

Will be interesting to see how things shake out as those who have not be evaluated are rated and to see how senior year performance impacts existing rating over the next 7.5 months.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 12:54 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


I think that this class is shaping up to be a great recruiting class.

I'm not concerned about the star ratings.  I'm more concerned about the guys having a strong desire to be here, UW being the right fit for them, and them being committed to winning.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 2:00 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Six?  Badger Nation only lists 2 four stars - Dietzen a and Moorman. Who are the others?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 2:20 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



cartbridge wrote: Six?  Badger Nation only lists 2 four stars - Dietzen a and Moorman. Who are the others?
Did you even try reading the full first sentence in the thread...what is so hard to understand?
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 2:28 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



cartbridge wrote: Six?  Badger Nation only lists 2 four stars - Dietzen a and Moorman. Who are the others?
After careful digging and really in depth research, I was finally able to uncover the answer to your question:


weballin wrote:
 UW currently has six commits rated four stars by at least one of the recruiting services (Penniston, Howard, Dietzen, Moorman, Madden, Kafentzis).  Last year, UW had five commits TOTAL at this time, four of whom were in-staters.  

Will be interesting to see how things shake out as those who have not be evaluated are rated and to see how senior year performance impacts existing rating over the next 7.5 months.



Engage the good posters, ignore the bad, report as inappropriate the problems. Message board rules. Thanks.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 3:32 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


According to Twitter, add Edwards, the 4**** TE.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 3:36 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Well that makes 7 out of 14 rated 4 stars by at least one site. Not a bad start...
Sure...I'll take a look.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 3:40 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


If you want to look at things this way, the in-state commit is a 2-star since Rivals has him as a 2-star. See how that works? If you are going to talk about a prospect's ranking when looking at other services, use the composite ranking since it averages all of them together and "eliminates" the crazy differences you will see from one service to another. 

Hal of the class so far is good, the other half not so much.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 3:45 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


12 of 14 are a composite 3* or 4*. You fail again...this time at scouting AND math.

Last edited 6/18/2014 3:50 PM by Ph3431

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 3:59 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Also, to say x number are 3-stars as a whole means nothing since there is a huge difference between a flat line 3-star that is one tenth of a number away from being a 2-star compared to a high 3-star that is a tenth away from  being a 4-star.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:02 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


It means exactly what it says: They are composite 3* (or 4*) players.

12 of 14 as it stands today. Exciting class, great momentum, and I look forward to seeing Edwards in Madison.

Last edited 6/18/2014 4:06 PM by Ph3431

Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:11 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



Ph3431 wrote: You can (continue) to say whatever you want. Well, until you get banned again.
So you admit they are not one and the same. Thanks for confirming.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:15 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Fact: 12 of 14 are composite 3* or 4* players.

Fact: 7 of 14 are 4* players on at least one site.

The rest is just bluster from an oft banned poster with no credibility.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:19 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Now there are seven commits rated four stars by at least one recruiting service, from seven different states I might add.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:21 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


7 different states....great footnote!


---------------------------------------------
--- weballin wrote:

Now there are seven commits rated four stars by at least one recruiting service, from seven different states I might add.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:28 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


One more commitment coming later tonight as well!
Sure...I'll take a look.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:31 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Barry or Manu? Weber or Scarlett?

Or is Megginson flipping? :)

---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

One more commitment coming later tonight as well!

---------------------------------------------

Last edited 6/18/2014 4:32 PM by Ph3431

Reply | Quote
  • kjim73
  • Walk-On
  • 502 posts this site

Posted: 6/18/2014 4:33 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


GA is a man of his word.

He said that he wanted to be 90% done with recruiting prior to the season, and he's doing it.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 6:22 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I have a couple of comments:
- it used to be that when you looked at our prospects on this service, we were down to 3* guys by the middle of the first page - now, we're on 4* guys until the middle of the second page. Not saying we'll get any of them, but we're still in the mix.
- If we get either Masina or Bilal and Ofadile, then this is easily, IMHO, the best class ever recruited for UW. Oh, and maybe Weber.
- I figure Moorman starts out as an OG, with Dietzen and the big NJ dude at OT.
- why any of you respond to unknown at all is beyond me.
That's all, for now.
= = = = = = =If you want to be liked, shut up and listen! (Old Celtic adage.)
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 6:49 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



Ph3431 wrote: Barry or Manu? Weber or Scarlett?

Or is Megginson flipping? :)

---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

One more commitment coming later tonight as well!

---------------------------------------------
With as many offers as there are out there and the staff accepting commitments from kids who haven't visited, it's impossible to say for sure. Barry seems like the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Bredeson, a complete unknown from Georgia or even something completely out of left field like Megginson of Alabi.
Sure...I'll take a look.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 6:51 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


I thought you knew who it was specifically and was trying to get some hints! :)

At this rate, I agree, it seems like it could be darn near anybody.


---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:


Ph3431 wrote: Barry or Manu? Weber or Scarlett?

Or is Megginson flipping? :)

---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

One more commitment coming later tonight as well!

---------------------------------------------
With as many offers as there are out there and the staff accepting commitments from kids who haven't visited, it's impossible to say for sure. Barry seems like the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Bredeson, a complete unknown from Georgia or even something completely out of left field like Megginson of Alabi.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 7:10 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


It sounded like Barry was going to visit the 'Cuse before making a decision.  He did compare Madison to Italy though, haha. 
Ph3431 wrote: I thought you knew who it was specifically and was trying to get some hints! :)

At this rate, I agree, it seems like it could be darn near anybody.


---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:


Ph3431 wrote: Barry or Manu? Weber or Scarlett?

Or is Megginson flipping? :)

---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

One more commitment coming later tonight as well!

---------------------------------------------
With as many offers as there are out there and the staff accepting commitments from kids who haven't visited, it's impossible to say for sure. Barry seems like the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone like Bredeson, a complete unknown from Georgia or even something completely out of left field like Megginson of Alabi.

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 7:13 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



litesrn wrote: It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I have a couple of comments:
- it used to be that when you looked at our prospects on this service, we were down to 3* guys by the middle of the first page - now, we're on 4* guys until the middle of the second page. Not saying we'll get any of them, but we're still in the mix.
- If we get either Masina or Bilal and Ofadile, then this is easily, IMHO, the best class ever recruited for UW. Oh, and maybe Weber.
- I figure Moorman starts out as an OG, with Dietzen and the big NJ dude at OT.
- why any of you respond to unknown at all is beyond me.
That's all, for now.
Madden ends up as an OG. Doesn't have good enough athletic ability to play OT.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 7:26 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


It was Barry! That makes 15 for 2015!
Sure...I'll take a look.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:11 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Boom!

And 13 of 15 that are composite 3* or 4*. Love this kids athletic ability...and another GA kid.


---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

It was Barry! That makes 15 for 2015!

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:37 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



theunknownfan81 wrote:
litesrn wrote: It's been quite a while since I've posted here, but I have a couple of comments:
- it used to be that when you looked at our prospects on this service, we were down to 3* guys by the middle of the first page - now, we're on 4* guys until the middle of the second page. Not saying we'll get any of them, but we're still in the mix.
- If we get either Masina or Bilal and Ofadile, then this is easily, IMHO, the best class ever recruited for UW. Oh, and maybe Weber.
- I figure Moorman starts out as an OG, with Dietzen and the big NJ dude at OT.
- why any of you respond to unknown at all is beyond me.
That's all, for now.
Madden ends up as an OG. Doesn't have good enough athletic ability to play OT.
I still think he ends up at RT. Very similar to Havenstein IMO when he was a senior. Some strength and conditioning as well as some maturity and I think he ends up there. Would be interesting to have him and Dietzen on the same side of the ball paving the way for the RB's
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:48 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



This staff isn't wasting any time

---------------------------------------------
--- Ph3431 wrote:

Boom!

And 13 of 15 that are composite 3* or 4*. Love this kids athletic ability...and another GA kid.


---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

It was Barry! That makes 15 for 2015!

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:53 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


Strong base for the class and now they can really focus on the top targets this summer/fall.


---------------------------------------------
--- weballin wrote:


This staff isn't wasting any time

---------------------------------------------
--- Ph3431 wrote:

Boom!

And 13 of 15 that are composite 3* or 4*. Love this kids athletic ability...and another GA kid.


---------------------------------------------
--- XRayBadger wrote:

It was Barry! That makes 15 for 2015!

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 9:55 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 


There is a lot to sell to a RB prospect with the verbals thus far this cycle and those that signed in February. Gotta think that RB will be next.
Reply | Quote

Posted: 6/18/2014 10:50 PM

Re: 2015 Recruiting 



TerraceChair wrote: There is a lot to sell to a RB prospect with the verbals thus far this cycle and those that signed in February. Gotta think that RB will be next.
I don't think the staff is in any rush to land a running back. UW is an attractive program for a running back recruit, especially with a potential Heisman candidate poised to blow up this season. They're feeling relatively good about where they sit with Michael Weber, Jordan Scarlett, Ty'Son Williams, Jordan Stevenson and a bunch of other high end talent. Since they aren't necessarily looking to land multiple running backs and they have enough interest from their top guys, they'll chase their top tier for another few months before they start turning up the heat on the plan B guys.
Sure...I'll take a look.
Reply | Quote
Reply to TopicPost New Topic
  Page of 3  Next >